Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They are shit scared, all of them. At the moment the governing bodies are complicit as this is no doubt them keeping a competition intact whilst having the threat of a breakaway 'Super League", in effect they are creating just that with this coefficient.
Indeed. Financial Fair Play was the last attempt at maintaining the status quo, IIRC.

A bit galling that it takes a threat to their CL performance to wake them the fuck up. We've been living/suffering with Chelsea and then Man City's financial doping in the PL and they didn't give two fucks about it until the European stage started getting affected...

See also: no-one seemed to care about the French league getting fucked over until their chickens came home to roost in the CL (though PSG's impressive ability to bottle it has held the tide temporarily).

The funny thing is, we’d still be 14th without Levy.....if you fucked off however, no one would notice
And if u took levys cock out your mouth long enough for your brain to engage itself we might give a fuck what u think anyone should do....we know u think levy is all powerfully but we would be fine without him and you too..This great club deserve some real on field ambition, whdn he sells up an we still have won fuck all and not invested in quality players like other smaller teams even do. I will except your apology like a real grown up does. With a bit of class..lmao.....
Some people on here make me piss. This is really all they have in life and how dare u have a different opinion..typical keyboard cowards. I thought we all supported the same club and were on here to have a discussion like adults, levy is just the chairman he is not the club. I can not like or agree with his actions because I don't support levy fc...And I am allowed my own thoughts regarding the club I support, we don't all just go with whatever levy tells us.

So the club under Levy's guidance makes a WORLD RECORD operating profit and he takes a £3m wage for the year, half of what he did the following year when you take away the Stadium bonus, a project that he's been working on for 18 years.

Can people please now stop the bollocks about him earning £6m a year. It's daft! If you cannot see what Levy has done with a club that was nowhere near the elite teams then you know very little about someone getting the correct rewards for their workings in life.

These profits come the summer before we chose not to spend. Matchday revenue will be down due to ticket refunds/ Wembley situations but it'll still be up there or similar next year, especially if we turn City over in the Champions League.

Not enough people say it because it doesn't suit their agendas. Swallow it and say well done Levy & co. A world record broken financially for any football club ever is a real feather in their caps. Like it or not we should be hugely proud as it's yet another stepping stone towards getting our great club back to where we all want it to be and where it belongs.

His wage is £3m not £6m as many moaned about. Draw a line underneath all of that talk now.
Not sure I agree with some of that but a brilliant post to read. I couldn't agree more with the getting our club back to where we all want it and where it should be. I live to see that happen and will happily admit I was wrong about levy and co when it happens.. nothing would please me more. This club back at the very top, thd thought of that makes my face hurt from smiling. Genuinely.. good post sir

And if u took levys cock out your mouth long enough for your brain to engage itself we might give a fuck what u think anyone should do....we know u think levy is all powerfully but we would be fine without him and you too..This great club deserve some real on field ambition, whdn he sells up an we still have won fuck all and not invested in quality players like other smaller teams even do. I will except your apology like a real grown up does. With a bit of class..lmao.....
Some people on here make me piss. This is really all they have in life and how dare u have a different opinion..typical keyboard cowards. I thought we all supported the same club and were on here to have a discussion like adults, levy is just the chairman he is not the club. I can not like or agree with his actions because I don't support levy fc...And I am allowed my own thoughts regarding the club I support, we don't all just go with whatever levy tells us.

Oh you’re so coooooool man you want Levy out ooooohhhh look at you being different online
You free thinking maverick
So daring oooohhhhhh

Are you having an orgasm?
I’m so turned on by this person who dares to have an opinion online....I’ve never seen anything like that before.

He’s so different. He must be the first person to ever dislike Daniel Levy.
He’s so brave to say it, and definitely the first to dare.
If he may say so himself.

Oh you’re so coooooool man you want Levy out ooooohhhh look at you being different online
You free thinking maverick
So daring oooohhhhhh
Good repost sir. But I'm not a sheep just copying all the others.. I have been saying this for a very long time, but u are quite right there does seem to be a lot more of the anti levy brigade. Nothing would please me more than to admit I was wrong and he actually had planned this the whole time. But I don't believe him I wish I could. He has been saying these type of things for too long imo

Considering how Real and Barca divvy up the La Liga TV revenue, this leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Another method of gerrymandering to line their dirty pockets further and maintain their dominance.
:avbnaa:
Haven't La Liga recently adopted a more PL style TV revenue structure? I think they did something like that when their current deal started. Still favouring the big 2 but nowhere near as much as it did.

The funny thing is, we’d still be 14th without Levy.....i
How do you know that, Sammy? Thats just hypothetical nonsense.
Different owners may have secured a league title or two in the last 20 years. Maybe we'd have won a few FA cups or European trophies. like we used to. . Maybe redeveloped WHL a decade ago.
Or maybe not.
But pretty much anybody could have improved a club like Tottenham Hotspur, with its rich History and European pedigree from the position we were in at the turn of the century

But pretty much anybody could have improved a club like Tottenham Hotspur, with its rich History and European pedigree from the position we were in at the turn of the century

How do you know that John? Look at Villa. You seem to think 14th was the lowest we could have sunk to. Not so. We were an irrelevance back then. I am aware the trophy count is a bit lean, but we are one of the biggest clubs in the world now - we weren’t then. We were a joke.

How do you know that, Sammy? Thats just hypothetical nonsense.
Different owners may have secured a league title or two in the last 20 years. Maybe we'd have won a few FA cups or European trophies. like we used to. . Maybe redeveloped WHL a decade ago.
Or maybe not.

So it’s hypothetical nonsense to use the absolute shit of the 90s pre Levy to assume we could still be a nothing team without him.......but you then go on to assume that if Venkys had come to us instead of Blackburn, we’d be be bigger than Real Madrid

How do you know that John? Look at Villa. You seem to think 14th was the lowest we could have sunk to. Not so. We were an irrelevance back then. I am aware the trophy count is a bit lean, but we are one of the biggest clubs in the world now - we weren’t then. We were a joke.
I don't know that. That was my point!
Just as Sammy doesn't know we'd still be languishing around 14th without Daniel Levy.

Reality is they are shit scared of Real, Barca, Man U, Bayern, Woolwich, maybe Liverpool, Inter and AC Milan(??) as this is where the threat of a breakaway League is coming from, they have effectively created a League within a League with this coefficient, circled the wagons so that no-one else can join.
Don't panic...to bring the likes of chelsea, united and Woolwich back into the ranks more often they're talking about expanding the group stages to 8 teams...meaning that finishing in the top 6 will now qualify...Champions league, they're having a laugh...

I don't know that. That was my point!
Just as Sammy doesn't know we'd still be languishing around 14th without Daniel Levy.
Apologies John, but you did seem to dismiss Sammy’s point as conjecture and your point as fact. The truth is that none of us can possibly know, but some have a better idea than others.

Personally, I would have laughed in your face if you’d told me we would be a top 3 side and playing regularly in the CL. Really, I would have. The idea was so ridiculous to contemplate back then.

Don’t get me wrong, I definitely enjoyed it then. Getting tickets was easy, Spurs’ place in the worldwide footballing hierarchy wasn’t something I contemplated on a daily basis, and it was a laugh.

I quite like our new position at the top table, but for me there’s something missing. Why you’re disappointed I’ve got no idea. We’re actually becoming the club you think we are.

Last edited:
Mate, learn some basic spelling and grammar.

Good repost sir. But I'm not a sheep just copying all the others.. I have been saying this for a very long time, but u are quite right there does seem to be a lot more of the anti levy brigade. Nothing would please me more than to admit I was wrong and he actually had planned this the whole time. But I don't believe him I wish I could. He has been saying these type of things for too long imo
...and in that ''very long time'' you've seen Spurs go from where to where?

I'll guess the Europa League and perpetually 5th-6th to Champions League and consistent top 4.

Keep moaning and we'll keep improving.

Back
Top Bottom