Liverpoo v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 31.03.19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It just nullifies your entire argument.
“You don’t sign in January......unless you do sign in January”

Nope. You're just twisting what has been said to suit your argument (something you're rather good at!)

I find no contradiction in 'don't sign in January' unless there is an emergency.

Your argument is "it doesn't matter when you sign as long as they are successful"

What you don't address is how you integrate a new January signing into the squad post Christmas when there are no 'less important' games e.g League/FA Cup.

How do they begin to understand the teams playing style; other players' strengths and weaknesses; set piece drills; pressing instructions etc etc. The tactical side of playing. How do they achieve this and learn to do it instinctively when there are two 'must win' games a week? How does the rest of the team react and accommodate a new player being played, when they've grown accustomed to the old player's style?

These are some (there are lots of others) of the simple reasons why you don't buy in January.

The summer is when these are ironed out and you have pre-season games to test and incorporate the new signing.

It depends.

If we lose Eriksen and Alderweireld, and with Kane making noises about leaving if the club lacks ambition. I don't think Levy has a choice if he wants to keep players and fans happy.
If Kane was to leave and I don't think he will yet that wouldn't say much about our ambition level or rather the lack of it

It makes me laugh that on the same day where Chel$€a (and their odious fans) totally didn't get what they deserved... Neither did we!

It's like we've been in some alternate universe since the Burnley game....
Wtf has happened?? :kanehand:

It was the Dippers lucky day
End of

Agreed.

I'm not trying to defend Lloris here as the save should have been made by any competent U-15 keeper. However I think it was a case of timing. Lloris was expecting a far more powerful header from Salah. It came of Salah's head a bit limply. Lloris had set himself for a strong header, so his timing was off and the ball came out of his hands.

No justification as it was a shocking mistake (along with Sissoko's).

Put it behind us and on to Wednesday

I find no contradiction in 'don't sign in January' unless there is an emergency.
The contradiction is because you only started saying that after 50 posts saying “you don’t sign in January”

Nothing about emergencies until you were showed 10 major January signjngs and revised your view.

And if you don’t think 38 injuries, no fit 1st or 2nd choice central midfielders, selling a key team member, and having Kane injured and Son on international duty, while fighting on four fronts isn’t an emergency then I can’t help you.

Last edited:
The loss is on fucking Sissoko, failing to even hit the target 1v1 from 10 yards is fucking disgraceful.

The loss is not on Sissoko. We had other chances to score and failed.

The guy took responsibility and apologised. Did the club captain apologize?

Sisssoko has done brilliant, probably he is our player of the season , others failed to turn up.

Last edited:
Agreed.

I'm not trying to defend Lloris here as the save should have been made by any competent U-15 keeper. However I think it was a case of timing. Lloris was expecting a far more powerful header from Salah. It came of Salah's head a bit limply. Lloris had set himself for a strong header, so his timing was off and the ball came out of his hands.

No justification as it was a shocking mistake (along with Sissoko's).

Put it behind us and on to Wednesday

Yes it wasn’t even a header as such

The ball sort of landed on his head

Klopp couldn’t believe his luck but now that I’ve calmed down after rewatching the game there really was only one team in it 2nd half and I’m quite confident of third place

9 times out of 10 Dele would have scored

Their keeper was awful

It makes me laugh that on the same day where Chel$€a (and their odious fans) totally didn't get what they deserved... Neither did we!

It's like we've been in some alternate universe since the Burnley game....
Wtf has happened?? :kanehand:

Good question mate

Like a recurring nightmare

Poch will sort it starting with a comfortable win against Palace

The contradiction is because you only started saying that after 50 posts saying “you don’t sign in January”

No contradiction at all. Don't sign in January unless Kane does his ACL or similar. It's quite simple.

I've no idea where "50 posts" come from. I've always been consistent about January signings.

Now address the problems of integrating January signings into the squad/team? You seem to be constantly ignoring these points.

Any thoughts?

Please address the points I made about the problems integrating January signings into the squad/team.
It depends on the player, not the timing.
Some summer signjngs with full pre seasons have been shit.

Some signed on deadline day or late with no preseason have been excellent.

You want to put this into absolutes but there aren’t any. What you are basically saying is that there is not one player that could improve our team in January but that five months prior there were endless options.

If we signed a CM and RB with two days of the window left, what then? Is it pointless because they got no pre season?

Is it only EARLY summer signjngs that count now?

No contradiction at all. Don't sign in January unless Kane does his ACL or similar. It's quite simple.
That’s not an actual rule, you know, it’s just you typing it.
It doesn’t make it so.

We sold Dembele and he should have been replaced. Very simple too.
Now address the problems of integrating January signings into the squad/team? You seem to be constantly ignoring these points.

Any thoughts?
See above, I’m not sure why you’re so smug like you made some amazing point.
My answer again just unravels your argument.

Believe what you must. Yes, I could predict we will all die as some point but that would be extending my point to the ridiculous right? His post said 1-2 years ago. That is surely the same timeframe and is thus not absurd to think there were not signs. Perhaps you are not as observant as you think you are and worsted worsted is.

As I have pointed out my public call for the conversation to begin was at the very beginning of last season. didn't we open at Wembley with Chelsea? but my private frustrations were aired via PM. Surely you can imagine I didn't make a knee-jerk decision about our captain because of 1 game vs Chelsea.

And unconsidered responses like this is what actually shuts down debate and conversation instead of actually fostering thought and discussion. Perhaps if you'd listened back then and considered his points you would have been ahead of the curve as well instead of being a laggard with the drooling masses. :dembelelol:
Oh god yet another internet fool tying to look clever.
Run along now there's a good lad, the grown ups are talking.

See above, I’m not sure why you’re so smug like you made some amazing point.
My answer again just unravels your argument.

Well, still no explanation as to how you integrate January signings into the squad/team!

Dembele should have been replaced Summer 18 as we had a pretty good idea that he wouldn't make it through the season. NOT in January as you have all the integration problems that you pointedly refuse to address.

Even if you sign on deadline day in the summer you have time to integrate. In January you have none.

Back
Top Bottom