Liverpoo v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 31.03.19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree. But Mistakes at the front also cost us. I love sissoko but he should be scoring that or passing that early and son has a free run at goal and we know what usually happens in that kind of scenario.
Absolutely, but in hindsight VVD played that perfectly if we are totally honest. He was in a no-win situation and his positioning and strategy to deal with it was spot on. Sissoko fucked it up in the end because he should have at least got it onto goal.

Sissoko was just one of the last wasted chances, but there were plenty throughout the game. Within the first 10 minutes Moura could have had a great shot but took an extra touch and missed the opportunity. Robertson made a great block, but Eriksen should have taken an extra touch to his left and most likely would have scored later on. We had good crosses into the box with nobody on the end of it, and we also had shots but couldn't put them onto target.

Honestly, the only players I thought played to the level we needed for the duration of today were Kane and Toby.

We wanted players in January, the manager said it himself.
I 100% believe the Dembele sale with no replacement was an utter fiasco and we should have gone all out for a DM.
A striker or forward was also a must.

I’m glad everyone has suddenly revised their positions from January and they now are calm and sympathetic towards Levy and fully understand why the club did what it did. Haha

I can go back to the January Transfer Thread and pull out your comments that would show that you are talking absolute bollocks now though if you want.

I don’t remember anyone saying “we shouldn’t sign anyone this window”.....fucking hilarious.
You were even agreeing with me that we needed a striker ffs
Of course we needed signings - I’ve never changed my stance. You however have been found out

That’s what the January window is for and why it should have been used

Is this confusing people?
Seriously?
If you keep arguing this corner because you fear losing face by admitting the situation was not ideal even with 'fit' players in the summer then you neglect to recognize that you are losing even more by not admitting simple and obvious truths that everyone else can see. Now folks are going to view you as an irrational fool instead of a person that 'got it wrong' with a reasonable and defensible prediction. You are making it legend.

Answer me this has there ever been a team, to you knowledge, that has gone a top flight season without 1 game lost to injury? Has there ever been a team that has played every top flight season, to your knowledge, with every player at 100% physically? The answers will be an obvious 'No' to both. Therefore injuries are predictable and expected. So your assertion that we had a 'fit' MF in the summer when all had injury histories is absurd, it was absurd then, it is more absurd and foolish now. And you don't recruit due to injuries FFS. That adds more payroll and you have roster spots to consider.

How did you let yourself get backed into this intellectual corner and still feel like you have to defend it or that it is defensible?

It's all down to Levy now. Either he spends or we'll lose some of our talent and be lucky to end next season in the top half. Poch has to give him an ultimatum. Buy or I'm off. Poch, show some spine. We need you.
The terrifying thing is if Levy feels too confident about Poch's job with the Real Madrid, United, and PSG gigs not having vacancies to be filled this summer.

He absolutely must not take him for granted when it comes to transfer outlay.

If you keep arguing this corner because you fear losing face by admitting the situation was not ideal even with 'fit' players in the summer then you neglect to recognize that you are losing even more by not admitting simple and obvious truths that everyone else can see. Now folks are going to view you as an irrational fool instead of a person that 'got it wrong' with a reasonable and defensible prediction. You are making it legend.

Answer me this has there ever been a team, to you knowledge, that has gone a top flight season without 1 game lost to injury? Has there ever been a team that has played every top flight season, to your knowledge, with every player at 100% physically? The answers will be an obvious 'No' to both. Therefore injuries are predictable and expected. So your assertion that we had a 'fit' MF in the summer when all had injury histories is absurd, it was absurd then, it is more absurd and foolish now. And you don't recruit due to injuries FFS. That adds more payroll and you have roster spots to consider.

How did you let yourself get backed into this intellectual corner and still feel like you have to defend it or that it is defensible?

But look.....it doesn’t matter.
If I’m an irrational fool, then what does that make our manager?

At least I wanted someone in January.

He deemed the squad good enough twice....you must think he’s a right cunt

The Hyperbole Police want a word, mate.

80s into the 90s we were left flailing where? ....The very mire this board has dragged us out of. I know today hurts, but i urge perspective.
We're on a run of thats yielded 1 point from 15. No wins in 5 matches.
It's becoming comparable to the 2 points from 8 games shitshow after this very board you laud so much sold Berbatov and Keane and gave us Frazer Campbell.

At what point do you pull your head out your arse and accept they acted in a cowardly, shameful way last summer by refusing to invest a penny in the team, then shat on the team again by actually weakening it further in January despite the heroics of Poch and the boys up to that point.

If we failed to win another game all season I'm convinced you'd still be praising the owners and urging perspective

It's becoming comparable to the 2 points from 8 games shitshow after this very board you laud so much sold Berbatov and Keane and gave us Frazer Campbell.

At what point do you pull your head out your arse and accept they acted in a cowardly, shameful way last summer by refusing to invest a penny in the team, then shat on the team again by actually weakening it further in January despite the heroics of Poch and the boys up to that point.

If we failed to win another game all season I'm convinced you'd still be praising the owners for improving the average league position of the seiously underperforming club of the 90s
What do you make of the January window and why are people now pretending there wasn’t one

Slagging Levy off for the summer yet things were fine at Christmas

Refuse to accept the January window was a failure or a problem because it’s impossible to sign in January

So Levy wasn’t a tight cunt in January and it wasn’t the club’s fault

Only the summer window was a problem and no one thinks we should have solidified our position in January?

Today is not the time to melt for me. We competed very well in the second half and should have got at least a point. Burnley and Saints were unacceptable. We only needed to turn up and give 80% and we’d have an extra 4-6 points. I’m still angry about those results. But today was very promising. It has to be 6/7 wins now. I think it will be. COYS.

Fabinho has been very, very good for them this season. To say most Liverpool fans were disappointed he wasn't starting is an understatement.

He couldn’t even get in the squad for the first quarter of the season and really hasn’t done much since he got in there.

Their signings haven’t been great but instead our supporters just focus on how much they spent as an excuse for our position.

They are pretty much reliant on their main players from last year like us but somehow in the warped mind of our manager they are completely operating on a different level to us. Right o.

What do you make of the January window and why are people now pretending there wasn’t one
As far as Spurs are concerned the January window was another cop out.
Made worse by the fact it followed the previous, unprecedented cop out last summer.
And made worse again by the fact we chose to cash in on the 10million for Dembele.

If people still can't see that glory and trophies are a long way down the list of ENIC's prerogatives then they never, ever will.

If we failed to win another game all season I'm convinced you'd still be praising the owners and urging perspective

Back
Top Bottom