Liverpoo v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 31.03.19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As soon as the ball went in I shut it off, just couldn't fucking stand it but have had a couple of hours to decompress.

The game can be sofucking cruel. It's been a long time that I have felt this shitty after a loss. If that ball wouldn't have gone in we would have been feeling pretty good most likely, and looking like we may get a little momentum going into the final stretch. We had chances, plenty near the end and squandered them.

They didn't deserve it, plain and simple, but we can't let the last 30 minutes whitewash the first 60. On the other hand we did see a little character amd drive towards the end. It's just a shame that we obviously need a little confidence and completely whiffed at our chance to get ourselves back on track.

I agree. But Mistakes at the front also cost us. I love sissoko but he should be scoring that or passing that early and son has a free run at goal and we know what usually happens in that kind of scenario.

It's a long old season, sammy.
Yes, but that particular point goes against the narrative that he is peddling. Do keep up, Five. How in the hell can someone make specious arguments and maintain dubious positions in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary if you keep butting your nose in places it doesn't belong while reminding us of simple but particularly trenchant bits of info like this? Perhaps think of someone other than yourself for once. Poor Sammy is having a tough enough time fighting his corner without your 'help'.

I'm not understanding why the majority of us are pulling for City over Pool to win this. You do realize that City are only two back of us in major trophies won (15 - 17) and will very soon be knocking us down to 7th on that list of English teams. Like them or not, Pool are in a different stratosphere to us and everyone else bar Utd (42 - 41) and am sure they really dont waste their breath on us like some do them!

Today was all about mental frailty.

Like last season we had them beat. Unlike last season we lost.

The 20 minute period in the 2nd half today was the best we have played in a long time.

It is the times like this where the very very best players make all the difference. We don't have one and yet we should not have lost.

16 points 7 games.

Its pure revisionism and the January Transfer Thread is testament to that.
It’s difficult but if you deem it necessary enough, you get it done.

Poch gambled in players returning to form from injur. It backfired.

Poch doesn't sign players. How do we know he didn't ask for players in the summer or January??

I'm not understanding why the majority of us are pulling for City over Pool to win this. You do realize that City are only two back of us in major trophies won (15 - 17) and will very soon be knocking us down to 7th on that list of English teams. Like them or not, Pool are in a different stratosphere to us and everyone else bar Utd (42 - 41) and am sure they really dont waste their breath on us like some do them!
First post ever, says we should pull for Liverpool.
:roseunsure:

I've named three we were linked with; Barclay, Grealish and Shelvey. There were numerous others that could have done better job than our midfield today.

Really - Sissoko screening the defence and Rose cavorting around midfield!

Barkley signed for Chelsea for silly wages that put him equal to Dele so not a good deal for me. Grealish they wouldn't accept a bid so what could we do (I'd have taken Grealish and still stand by what I said in the summer that he'd have added something) & Shelvey? I ain't too sure if he has the kind of head we need when the biggest issue at the club at the moment are individual mistakes.

Jorginho turned down Man City for Chelsea, do you honestly believe Barkley would have done the same if it was a shoutout between us and the Chavs?

Out of curiosity what few would you have paid for Grealish, seeing as he got 3 or so assists as a Championship player last season? The rumoured £25m was more than fair

Poch doesn't sign players. How do we know he didn't ask for players in the summer or January??

You just said it’s impossible in January so wouldn’t that make Poch an incompetent fool?

He’s on record saying we tried in the summer but it was more important to keep the squad together

Other than the sitter he admittedly missed he had a decent game
If it wasn’t for him breaking up their attack outside our penalty area in the first place there wouldn’t have been an attack you dimwitted cunt

We’ve had our match report so you’re now redundant now fuck off

He’s fucking shit and you’re a clueless fucking plum.

Who gives a shit about major trophies won and Man City putting us 7th on the list?

I couldn't give a shit what's happened when it comes to that and at this stage I couldn't care less where the Premier League trophy goes. Our only concern should be where Spurs finish, the rest of what goes on o couldn't give a fuck about and o definitely couldn't care less if we drop down to 7th in major honours on a list nobody gives a shit about

Yes, but that particular point goes against the narrative that he is peddling. Do keep up, Five. How in the hell can someone make specious arguments and maintain dubious positions in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary if you keep butting your nose in places it doesn't belong while reminding us of simple but particularly trenchant bits of info like this? Perhaps think of someone other than yourself for once. Poor Sammy is having a tough enough time fighting his corner without your 'help'.

You are still pretending you don’t get it

I’ll make it easy for you:

Dembele didn’t need replacing in August because he was still a Spurs player.

I wish people would stop going on about their singings/ money spent. Keith and Fabio have done absolutely nothing and Alisson hasn’t set thee world alight. They have simply stepped up we haven’t.
Fabinho has been very, very good for them this season. To say most Liverpool fans were disappointed he wasn't starting is an understatement.

There’s always ‘Line if Duty’!!

Thank you for being the only one to notice the Phoenix Nights joke earlier amongst the shower of shit, my talent lost on this crowd now, had a lovely 2 weeks off this shite, will only be worse now

Looking forward to line of duty (have to download illegally later tonight) will not be streaming MOTD though, alongside Chelsea game that has to be up there with one of worst to watch ever, I dread to think what they will say about Liverpool even though if we didn’t fuck up at end they would say Liverpool have choked

It’s all too predicatable, all of it

You just said it’s impossible in January so wouldn’t that make Poch an incompetent fool?

He’s on record saying we tried in the summer but it was more important to keep the squad together

Do you believe that what is said on record is actually what happens behind closed doors? What's he going to say? "I gave Daniel a list of players, but that tight bald bastard haggled with every team over a couple of million here or there and we got no one"?

Do you believe that what is said on record is actually what happens behind closed doors? What's he going to say? "I gave Daniel a list of players, but that tight bald bastard haggled with every team over a couple of million here or there and we got no one"?

Yeah I go with quotes otherwise I’m just fabricating a false truth and passing it off as a fact over the internet.

You know, because that’s how society works now

Back
Top Bottom