Legends game meet

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sounds like fun also, though I must admit I do like the idea courtesy of one of the other lads above, whereupon any beer money spent would go to local pubs/brewers impacted by NWHL (until such time that the novelty factor of internal bars wears off a bit).

Fair point. They can placate the breweries by perhaps only serving the local stuff. Is a bit more difficult for pubs and eateries though I guess.

Fair point. They can placate the breweries by perhaps only serving the local stuff. Is a bit more difficult for pubs and eateries though I guess.

I think that was partly the point.. Stadium flogs BeaverTown whilst a local brewer got left out in the cold.

Longer term, TFC should arrange something with Redemption Brewing. Have a regular hang out at their Tap Room. Beavertown are just going to destroy them methinks.
Beavertown have been in Tottenham for 5 years, so it's not like they're new kids on the block or anything. They've been opening their doors every Saturday afternoon since then.

Our History - Beavertown Brewery

* As a side note, they'll be moving the main brewery out of Tottenham when the new one in Enfield opens next year

I thought Beavertown was local?

Courtesy of Legacy Lilywhite Legacy Lilywhite : "Longer term, TFC should arrange something with Redemption Brewing. Have a regular hang out at their Tap Room. Beavertown are just going to destroy them methinks."

I'm no craft beer expert, just piggy-backing off of what I think is a nice sentiment.

Seemingly one is more local than the other.

They're still local, just not necessarily "craft" any longer, depending on your definition.

A lot of people within the industry are very precious (and rightly so to a certain extent) about what is truly a craft brewery and what isn't

Like I say, I'm not a beer-buff, but I'd assumed on a socio/economic principal, it's simply the big multi-national owned brand vs local owned company (that's been left out in the cold by the NWHL/Beavertown deal)...

Like I say, I'm not a beer-buff, but I'd assumed on a socio/economic principal, it's simply the big multi-national owned brand vs local owned company (that's been left out in the cold by the NWHL/Beavertown deal)...
I like Redemption ale(Hopspur being my favourite) Never tried Beavertown and the crowd put me off saturday,so went to one of the quieter bars.I think the club should have accommodated redemption as well.

Not sure how they're any worse off than they ever were off the back of this? Redemption only make cask ales (AFAIK anyway), but there's no cask ale being sold at NWHL. Beavertown is all keg (draught) and cans.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a beer nerd, not looking for an argument or anything

Not sure how they're any worse off than they ever were off the back of this? Redemption only make cask ales (AFAIK anyway), but there's no cask ale being sold at NWHL. Beavertown is all keg (draught) and cans.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a beer nerd, not looking for an argument or anything

I'm happy to bow to your greater knowledge for now; however you do realise, sooner or later I'm gonna need some stats...? :angryscouser:

Aye lads,
Bit of a long shot I know but I’ve just moved back from Oz in the last couple of months and desparately trying to take my fairly elderly dad to the legends match at the weekend.

In the past when I’ve been visiting from Oz And wanted to catch a game or two at the last minute I’d just head along to match day and find a tout.

Does anyone know if/how I might be able to get a couple of tickets for the game at the last minute and whether I’m likely to be able to get tickets off a tout if it came to it?

I think that was partly the point.. Stadium flogs BeaverTown whilst a local brewer got left out in the cold.

It's a deal all tied up with the partnership with Heineken, they have a minority stake in Beavertown who are still local and own Amstel so that's how they're both in the stadium.

I'd expect there's some exclusivity written into the deal so wouldn't hold your breath waiting to see Redemption in the Stadium.

Beavertown have a brewery in the stadium so you can't really get more local than that. They've taken Heineken's money to build a facility in Enfield. They haven't really sold out in the same way that Camden Town did, with some of the beer being brewed abroad too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom