Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Defenders, like goalkeepers, can be good/great for 99% of the time, but make one mistake and it usually leads to a goal. However strikers can miss a hatful of chances, and if he converts one, all is forgiven.
Tripps is not as good as he was for England in the WC, but I thought he was OK yesterday.
The first bit is very true.

Harry Redknapp believes Mauricio Pochettino’s team was better two years ago than it is now: “Tottenham were better two years ago when Kyle Walker was playing right-back and absolutely on fire, Danny Rose was in his pomp absolutely flying and Dembele was top drawer.”
:harrysmile:

We were 100% a better team with Dembele & Walker. The reality people need to accept is that Dembele was so unique it's incredibly difficult to replace him and Walker was sold to the best manager in world football with the biggest chequebook capacity in world football. It's practically impossible to improve as a football club when we lose players better than we are able to replace.

Why people get so agitated that we couldn't improve on two crucial, nearly impossible pieces of the team I'll never know. The fact we pick up more points than we did back then shows that the club and manager for all of its resources has done a remarkable job. Dembele got old and injured, Walker wanted out. It's all about riding the wave until the club has adequately found a formula to make both distant memories

The first bit is very true.

It's says it all when he is deemed to be ok. Anything other then a complete fuck up that leads to a goal is considered a good game for him. Although suicidal defensive mistakes are happening all over our defence recently. Whatever he's got is catching

It's says it all when he is deemed to be ok. Anything other then a complete fuck up that leads to a goal is considered a good game for him. Although suicidal defensive mistakes are happening all over our defence recently. Whatever he's got is catching
The sort of own goal he scored is unforgivable. Braindead.

We were 100% a better team with Dembele & Walker. The reality people need to accept is that Dembele was so unique it's incredibly difficult to replace him and Walker was sold to the best manager in world football with the biggest chequebook capacity in world football. It's practically impossible to improve as a football club when we lose players better than we are able to replace.

Why people get so agitated that we couldn't improve on two crucial, nearly impossible pieces of the team I'll never know. The fact we pick up more points than we did back then shows that the club and manager for all of its resources has done a remarkable job. Dembele got old and injured, Walker wanted out. It's all about riding the wave until the club has adequately found a formula to make both distant memories
I think we've been incredibly resourceful this season, not playing at Home has become the norm, not having a pre-season for practically our entire first team has been forgotten, whilst dealing with the worst season I can ever remember for injuries it's a great testament to this current team. Remove those factors and we would have seen/see far better football.

But there isn't any doubt that we miss Walker, Wanyama (1st season levels) & Dembele. That was a midfield that dominated oppo, gave licence to our FB's to do the same, dominate.

Fix these area's with the right personnel, not easy to get right and not confident we can do it straight away but assuming we did, I think this season we've learned how to get over the line in games without playing well (I don't think Chelsea were better than us last week, I don't think Woolwich were better than us yesterday, we were better than a resurgent Man U at Wembley and while being outplayed against City (for large periods) and Liverpool we were unlucky not to scrape a draw from either). So would be nice to be able to combine what we've been able to do this year whilst getting back to the quality we've shown in prior seasons.

But if we fail to address these areas our football isn't going to improve and we regress to playing like Stoke.

Yeah rightio. Every backpass to a keeper when under massive pressure is in danger of doing that.
Nobody considers the circumstances - just too easy to beat up the duty whipping boy.
The guy who had Hazard in his pocket all night to the point he got hooked.
No. You can make a mistake by passing the ball to hard at the keeper that they cant control it. But passing it away from the keeper who is that close to you is just plain stupid.

Trippier asks Lloris to come to him but Lloris then stays on his line. Only to then actually start coming to him.

It's both their fault. It's in the past, we move on.

I think if Lloris stays where he was when Trippier looked up, the ball is going directly to his feet.
I thought it was 6 of one,half a dozen of the other to be honest
More on the keeper who has to decide early and do whatever, not hesitate, change his mind then change it back when it's too late.

Though I will argue until I'm blue in the face, Hugo's starting position is beyond shite.

Trips gave the WRONG signal to Hugo, he called for Hugo to come for the ball when there was no way there was enough pace on the ball for it to reach Hugo in time.

Tripps then realised that he had fucked up and played an impossible back pass WITHOUT looking to see where Hugo was.

I have defended Tripps many times on here but that goal was all on him.

Learning?!

He'll be 29 this year

:pochrolleyes:
Interestingly, I think it shows great maturity to admit you can still learn...

Didn't Sheringham say summit about how he was learning new things every day from Klinsmann when he came to the club in the mid-90's...?
...and Teddy was about 45 at the time!!

I'd rather a 29 year old that is still prepared to learn, and improve, than some cocky 19 year old that assumes he knows EVERYTHING! :bentley::gio:

Takes a man to admit his faults...the day a player thinks he’s got nothing to learn he becomes arrogant.

Maybe some more of the squad should grow some bollocks and admit they need to be better too

Back
Top Bottom