New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is there a way to find out exactly which price category my Season Ticket seat falls in? It doesn't specify where the border is between price brackets. I'm trying to work out how much I'll be paying for cup games.

Now the Club has announced a price freeze on Season Tickets for the 2019/20 season, and announced match day pricing for the remainder of the current season, we can take a considered view of what this means for supporters.
We have made no secret of our view that season ticket prices are too high at our new stadium. So we are pleased ST prices have been frozen for next year and thank the Club for that decision.

One reason we argued that ST prices were too high was because the Club left itself limited room for manoeuvre when announcing match day pricing. That has proved to be the case. If the total price of buying a ticket for every game individually had come in far below the price of a Season Ticket, there would understandably have been uproar from ST holders.

While Category A tickets are, unsurprisingly, among the most expensive in the country, high profile games against quality opposition are generally less price sensitive than other less attractive fixtures. Our main concern is that increases of between 30% and 50% on average throughout the stadium in Category B and C pricing from previous White Hart Lane pricing will make access to those games very difficult once the novelty of the new stadium has worn off. The Club will argue that prices are not comparable, but fans’ pay packets are comparable and this is a sharp increase in a little over 2 seasons.

Match day pricing is not only costly for One Hotspur members and General Admission fans attending individual games. Now that a Season Ticket only comprises the basic 19 home Premier League games, having removed the remaining 2 cup credits before the move to Wembley, match categorisation affects ST holders in every home game outside that basic package.

We will certainly be pushing for a continuation of progressive pricing across all cup competitions to offset the high pricing of league games as an interim measure.

We will continue to digest the full implications of these figures and publish a more detailed analysis in our regular newsletter at the end of this month.

THST Board
19 March 2019

If the wings actually look like this I’ll be ordering them on Sunday

chasa_lunch_sides_chicken_0516.jpg

eu_burger_meal_02.png

shu_hot_dogs_gourmet_01.jpg

shu_mexican_burrito_chicken.jpg

Food and Drink - Stadium

Traditional football eating.

The seat I am in for the U18's game is £55 for a cat C game, that is outrageous. If the club want the south stand to be 'a wall of noise' they will need to bring the prices down. Also who the fuck is going to pay £80 to sit by the tunnel for Spurs v Huddersfield?

Apparently because of the people trying to flog the tickets for £1000s, there might be ID checks at the test events and if you get caught giving your season ticket to someone, you'll be suspended.

I don't often agree or pay much attention to The Trust but they are spot on here...

Our main concern is that increases of between 30% and 50% on average throughout the stadium in Category B and C pricing from previous White Hart Lane pricing will make access to those games very difficult once the novelty of the new stadium has worn off.
The Club will argue that prices are not comparable, but fans’ pay packets are comparable and this is a sharp increase in a little over 2 seasons.

I don't often agree or pay much attention to The Trust but they are spot on here...

Our main concern is that increases of between 30% and 50% on average throughout the stadium in Category B and C pricing from previous White Hart Lane pricing will make access to those games very difficult once the novelty of the new stadium has worn off.
The Club will argue that prices are not comparable, but fans’ pay packets are comparable and this is a sharp increase in a little over 2 seasons.
We don't get cup games anymore so if we get someone like Rochdale, am I really going to pay £65 for that game?

Have you worked out how much you've saved, if anything, by having a season ticket? It'd be interesting to see if the only advantage (and it's a bloody big one, based on the demand there's going to be for tickets) is a guaranteed seat at every match, or if you do save money as well
In my case the ST saves a whopping £3 - £975 rather than £978.

Except they have the numbers all wrong ... there is no 30%-50% increase it's just a made up number based on a random sample ... if you look back over a decent time span for example over the last: 10 years, or 20 years, or 30 years then Spurs tickets have not increased by anymore than all the other London clubs, and indeed by less than many off them. If you just pick the one year in the last twenty where we have seen a substantial increase (new ground perhaps?) then that figure of course looks high ... we all know the Trust have an agenda on ST prices, and that's fair enough. But whilst the waiting list is 70,000+ and match tickets sell out in a few hours, they really are flogging a dead horse.

Back
Top Bottom