Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vertonghen has missed twice as many games as Bale through injury this season. This injury prone thing is nonsense. He has been fit and Madrid don't pick him, more fool them.
You don't judge that on 7 months into one season though.

Jan since the summer of 2015:

Jan.png

Bale since the summer of 2015:

Gareth.png

Last edited:
Bale won't take a pay cut to come back to us - he has no unique affiliation to the club - he'll go where he can win the most and earn the most - still has one more big contract left in him and they'll milk it with his agent

However - if he does choose us for some reason - he'll improve us no doubt. Anyone who believes otherwise is simply delusional, imv

Hard to believe Madrid have only won 1 league title in 6 years in what is essentially a two horse race, it will be 1 in 7 at the end of this season, yet ever fucker with an ego thinks it’s their destiny to play for them....granted they have knocked out a few CL wins in that period, and of course the opposite can be said for Barca (the other horse in the race) they have dominated la liga but have quite the poor CL return over the same stretch, but yet again they are the preferred destination for an ego footballer.....I have always found it strange every time I hear the words “you can’t turn down Madrid or Barcelona” I get Hispanic players thinking that way, especially South American players, and there is a certain appeal for continental Europeans being drawn to Italy (not so much these days)....
Money of course plays a big part too of course......very few British players take that plunge and even less truly succeed...
Fair play to Bale, his earnings have set him for life, he has won a generous amount of medals, but I think he has just lost interest and misses Blighty.....When you are paid so much, and a club has invested so much in you it’s hard to to just hand in a transfer, I mean when you spout on about joining the “biggest” club in the world to get your move you can’t really turn around and say “i need this move because I can’t turn down the 27th biggest club in the world”.....I personally think Bale is playing the game here, injuries are over played a little (this is the same guy who was wrapped in blue tape at Spurs and ran through brick walls) and he’s starting to unsettle a few “big” names at the club.....this is how you hand in your transfer request at Real Madrid folks.....
:dembelefingers:

We should have a clear head and not be infected by any nostalgia we might have. He is my favourite player EVER, and I doubt anyone will ever take his place (to me he is the perfect player, left footed,with an incredible pace,very skillful on the ball, started at LB, which is the role I play with my mates and then slowly moved towards a winger, which is the role I like the most). But his wage bill is a big red flag, and his injuries don't help either. We, as Tottenham, should focus building a team that works like a well-oiled machine, not a team full of superstars...

Like others have said - it’s completely illogical.

But fuck it, it’s only a game and it’s only money - come home son, light up the lane like you used to, give us 3 seasons of CL nights under the lights and feel what our love and support can do for.

Depends on the deal ... he's near enough 30 so a two year pay-as-you-play contract might work ... he's Adidas not Nike so if we are going Nike can't see them loving this deal ... Isco is Nike (as is Eriksen) that seems a far more likely trade ... or why not Coutinho from Barca?

I don't think Bale fulfilled his potential at Madrid. He was always in the shadow of Ronaldo.

His whole wannabe Ronaldo look, but inability to match in terms of statistics and constant abuse from the fans, I don't feel sorry one bit for him.

We should not take him in. He is on obscene wages, showed no loyalty to us and is now a prima donna. He can rot on the bench of Madrid.

Back
Top Bottom