New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Northumberland Park station looking ready...
0_Northumberland-Park-Station.jpg

I found a comment online from the contractor, saying everything would be fully complete by May on Northumberland Park station and surrounding stretch of line, but everything was 90% complete already.

However WHL station is now not scheduled to be complete until autumn. No idea why they are 6 months or so behind schedule for what seemed like a pretty straight forward project. But they do say the station will remain operational whilst work is being carried out......

I found a comment online from the contractor, saying everything would be fully complete by May on Northumberland Park station and surrounding stretch of line, but everything was 90% complete already.

However WHL station is now not scheduled to be complete until autumn. No idea why they are 6 months or so behind schedule for what seemed like a pretty straight forward project. But they do say the station will remain operational whilst work is being carried out......

No way I'll be waiting at WHL when home. Was bad enough with 30k capacity queuing up!

I'm calling bullshit on Autumn. No real work has even started, and my old man who's in the rail industry doesn't think it's imminent. TFL have a labour shortage and a funding crisis thanks to Crossrail and we've been effectively bumped down the priority list. His guess is that Crossrail is "done" around Spring 2020 (rushed to open in a semi-function state because of the London Mayoral election that May) and we don't see any substantial work on WHL Station until after then.

Not often I think the same as Merson however, this is my fear too.

Really?

I can't think of anything better for us right now. If we were still in good form and hadn't lost 3 of our last 4 games - then I MAY have agreed with him. "If it's not broke, don't fix it" etc in terms of our form but you can almost tell everyone is sick of the place.

The new stadium will give us that extra boost in my view. It's also allowed us to have more home games than anyone else around us, which will only benefit us too.

I'm calling bullshit on Autumn. No real work has even started, and my old man who's in the rail industry doesn't think it's imminent. TFL have a labour shortage and a funding crisis thanks to Crossrail and we've been effectively bumped down the priority list. His guess is that Crossrail is "done" around Spring 2020 (rushed to open in a semi-function state because of the London Mayoral election that May) and we don't see any substantial work on WHL Station until after then.

All I can relay is what I read re WHL...plus of course its crawled along since a delayed start which is why its so far behind target. .

Haringey meet Network Rail and TFL on a regular basis, so have a way to monitor progress and make appropriate comments.

Much of WHL is pretty standard construction stuff, so with NWHL finished there should be a lot more labour available on the market so it Haringey wish they could call out the 'need to downgrade this project' as it really isn't a project requiring huge manpower. Question is whether they will and force the issue.

Can't sleep so I did what any sane man would and checked out Tottenham's financial results, only to stumble upon the following:

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/media/10293/tottenham-hotspur-limited-300617-annual-report-2017.pdf

Page 27:

15. Non-current liabilities (continued) Bank loans (in notes 14 and 15)

The Investec Bank facility of £16,000,000 used to fund the construction of the new Training Ground and secured against the new Training Ground site was amended and extended to £25,000,000 in August 2015. Following a repayment of £2,000,000, £23,000,000 is outstanding at the balance sheet date and repayable over the period to December 2022. No further amounts can be drawn on this facility. The interest on this amount is paid quarterly and tracks the London Inter- Bank Offer Rate. The bank loan is shown in the financial statements net of £212,000 of associated loan arrangement costs which are being amortised over the term of the loan.

In May 2017 a £400,000,000 Bank loan was entered into with HSBC Bank plc, Goldman Sachs Bank USA and Bank of America Merrill Lynch International Limited for the purpose of constructing the new stadium site. The Bank loan is guaranteed by debenture over the legal mortgage of the freehold interest in the new stadium site and fixed security over the shares in Tottenham Hotspur Football & Athletic Co. Ltd and Tottenham Hotspur Stadium Limited and other specific security. At the balance sheet date £152,489,000 of the loan was drawn. The loan is repayable in May 2022 and is shown in the financial statements net of £3,972,000 of associated loan arrangement costs which are being amortised over the term of the loan.

In May 2017 a £25,000,000 short-term revolving loan which forms part of the Group’s £400,000,000 facility was entered into with HSBC Bank plc, which is secured against Group assets and expires in May 2022. At the balance sheet date £10,000,000 was drawn. This loan is shown in the financial statements net of £121,000 of associated loan arrangement costs which are being amortised over the term of the loan.

In December 2015 a £200,000,000 Bank loan was entered into with HSBC Bank plc, Goldman Sachs Bank USA and Bank of America Merrill Lynch International Limited for the purpose of constructing the new stadium site. The Bank loan was secured against White Hart Lane Stadium and future gate and corporate hospitality receipts generated at the Stadium. At the prior year balance sheet date £100,000,000 of the loan was drawn and was shown in the financial statements net of £855,000 of associated loan arrangement costs which are being amortised over the term of the loan. The loan was repaid in May as part of the Bank loan detailed above.

I'm no accountant but from what I can see in each paragraph the following has occurred:

1. The club still owe £23m on the training ground loan, due to get paid up in full in December 2022

2. The club took out a £400m loan in May 2017 that needs to get paid up in full by May 2022

3. The club took out a further £25m loan in May 2017, due to get paid up in full by May 2022

4. The club took out a loan of £200m in December 2015 which has now been paid back in full.

So the club has outstanding bank loan debts of £448m that needs to get paid in the next 3 years but has already paid off £200m. Anyone that can clarify if that's correct? If so it's good to see the club has actually paid £200m & that the other bank debts are due to get paid back relatively quickly compared to what I imagined.

If this is correct it means the club has forked out £200m to pay off the stadium already which if so is pretty good and shows we aren't just sitting on it all. Surprising to see the training ground still has pretty much all of its debt to get paid back however.

If anyone can clarify that would be great.

Can't sleep so I did what any sane man would and checked out Tottenham's financial results, only to stumble upon the following:

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/media/10293/tottenham-hotspur-limited-300617-annual-report-2017.pdf

Page 27:

The Investec Bank facility of £16,000,000 used to fund the construction of the new Training Ground and secured against the new Training Ground site was amended and extended to £25,000,000 in August 2015. Following a repayment of £2,000,000, £23,000,000 is outstanding at the balance sheet date and repayable over the period to December 2022. No further amounts can be drawn on this facility. The interest on this amount is paid quarterly and tracks the London Inter- Bank Offer Rate. The bank loan is shown in the financial statements net of £212,000 of associated loan arrangement costs which are being amortised over the term of the loan.

In May 2017 a £400,000,000 Bank loan was entered into with HSBC Bank plc, Goldman Sachs Bank USA and Bank of America Merrill Lynch International Limited for the purpose of constructing the new stadium site. The Bank loan is guaranteed by debenture over the legal mortgage of the freehold interest in the new stadium site and fixed security over the shares in Tottenham Hotspur Football & Athletic Co. Ltd and Tottenham Hotspur Stadium Limited and other specific security. At the balance sheet date £152,489,000 of the loan was drawn. The loan is repayable in May 2022 and is shown in the financial statements net of £3,972,000 of associated loan arrangement costs which are being amortised over the term of the loan.

In May 2017 a £25,000,000 short-term revolving loan which forms part of the Group’s £400,000,000 facility was entered into with HSBC Bank plc, which is secured against Group assets and expires in May 2022. At the balance sheet date £10,000,000 was drawn. This loan is shown in the financial statements net of £121,000 of associated loan arrangement costs which are being amortised over the term of the loan.

In December 2015 a £200,000,000 Bank loan was entered into with HSBC Bank plc, Goldman Sachs Bank USA and Bank of America Merrill Lynch International Limited for the purpose of constructing the new stadium site. The Bank loan was secured against White Hart Lane Stadium and future gate and corporate hospitality receipts generated at the Stadium. At the prior year balance sheet date £100,000,000 of the loan was drawn and was shown in the financial statements net of £855,000 of associated loan arrangement costs which are being amortised over the term of the loan. The loan was repaid in May as part of the Bank loan detailed above.

I'm no accountant but from what I can see in each paragraph the following has occurred:

1. The club still owe £23m on the training ground loan, due to get paid up in full in December 2022

2. The club took out a £400m loan in May 2017 that needs to get paid up in full by May 2022

3. The club took out a further £25m loan in May 2017, due to get paid up in full by May 2022

4. The club took out a loan of £200m in December 2015 which has now been paid back in full.

So the club has outstanding bank loan debts of £448m that needs to get paid in the next 3 years but has already paid off £200m. Anyone that can clarify if that's correct? If so it's good to see the club has actually paid £200m & that the other bank debts are due to get paid back relatively quickly compared to what I imagined.

If this is correct it means the club has forked out £200m to pay off the stadium already which if so is pretty good and shows we aren't just sitting on it all. Surprising to see the training ground still has pretty much all of its debt to get paid back however.

You think I’m Carol Vorderman or something?
:deledoubt:
Seriously tho, good post!!

Is it just me or is anyone else starting to be a little annoyed by all thiscstadium is everything and fuck what happens on the pitch....its just how I'm feeling now.. it's gonna be amazing but we should be concentrating on why we are doing so shit on the pitch.we all know the reasons why but this stadium seems to be allowing the powers that be to not have to answer for the ridiculous decisions they have made recently........

Page 27:

It will take a couple more years (accounting periods) for it to be made clearer what is owed. My understanding is that what’s quite common in projects on this scale is they get refinanced or remortgaged within the first couple of years of the completion of the build, I’ve seen talk of this likely to happen with this.

Also it’s still worth barring in mind that the £850m - £1b figure banded around is for the entire NDP, costs of which started to accrue a decade ago (Including land acquisition and building of flats at Northumberland St, Brook House, Sainsburys/Tech College, the goods yard on WHL along with approx 20 other properties away from the main sight), what’s significant with this is that a year into the build (whilst we were still at the Lane) we were debt free! I’ve no idea how much we had spent to get that far but including legal fees it surely in the realms of £100m-£200m.?? (Not to mention that almost certainly the legal fees of the Stratford bid would also be in their too!).

Where we are with the NDP is only 3/4 complete too, with a Hotel, Sports Centre, an 3(?) blocks of flats still to be built around the South Stand, I’m assuming for now these are included in the £1b estimate.

Back
Top Bottom