Southampton (A) 9th March - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's true that players like Toby and Rose would normally never have returned to the first team, but we didn't sign anyone. Poch had to be pragmatic in that situation. Nobody wanted to buy them so he had to consider them for selection. Even Janssen has made a miraculous return to first team training. When you haven't signed a player for 2 years you have to make the best of what you've got.
Stop being so sensible!

On the train on the way home.

Well, we should have been out of sight in the first half. Fair play to Southampton, 2 changes at half time made the difference. Although we still had opportunities to go 2-0 up. We should have won it easily in the first half.

Annoyed

The question is why we are so soft in midfield and defence under any kind of pressure. 4 games like this. Isn't just coincidence. Seems like we don't give a shit unless it's a European big boys. If we carry on like this it will be more like young boys and gents

Last edited:
I have to believe that Poch wants to restructure this team, and is directing his "reality" comments at Levy. Kane, Son, Jan, Lloris, Dele, Sissoko are safe, everybody else is in play and available. The current team is far from the best team we will have.

It's true that players like Toby and Rose would normally never have returned to the first team, but we didn't sign anyone. Poch had to be pragmatic in that situation. Nobody wanted to buy them so he had to consider them for selection. Even Janssen has made a miraculous return to first team training. When you haven't signed a player for 2 years you have to make the best of what you've got.

I agree but unless Sanchez and Jan aren't fit or Davies trippier then maybe the others shouldn't play. It's just the constant rotation. May appear that we are keeping players refreshed but all it does is disrupt things.

All to do with attitude. We know our place, especially our fans. We really know the club's place . We get what we expect.
Let's be happt, lads. If we continue like this, we won't have to fuck around with Europe for years to come.

I've said lots of times I'm not a good fan. Where did i say i am a pot of harmony & support?! Never claimed to be. Nice swerve of you pretending you don't think your posts are asking for a cunt off or argument.
That reply wasn't directed at you, and your comments don't deserve a response.
I'm saddened by the attitude of people who want to make a bad thing worse.

People like you.
I find those people to be worthless in my life. I look for positives in life and things that make me happy.
People that revel in negativity suck

Come on John Thomas John Thomas you are better than that. I'm really fed up with today's result but it gets worse coming on here and reading these posts.
We had one of the best managers on Tues and now he is rubbish. Players have off days, sometimes we play rubbish and don't put away our chances. We have generally not been at our best for large parts of this season but we have somehow done really well, better than I thought we would at the start. I don't know what it is down to, the lack of transfers, the distraction of the stadium and not playing at a home ground, stagnation. Its probably a combination of the 3 and lots more besides.
But even though we have had a shit run at the wrong time we are miles ahead of where we were and going in the right direction....still.

Rested up at home after hours on motorways for 45 minutes of a performance. What a monumental fuck up.

Today is pretty unforgivable in my opinion. It’s not about fans being entitled. I had a ST throughout the 90s so have done my time. But I think some of the squad do feel entitled to a result.

Our football was very tidy in the first half but the final execution was poor. We could and should have been out of sight by HT.

The second half was just pathetic. No quality, no drive, nobody taking responsibility and some insipid displays from certain players who probably need to move on from our club, much as I have loved them in the past.

Selections were a little bit odd. For example, in my view, Toby had to play. He’s been immense this season and we have plenty of rest time. Even if he does leave, he’s been professional and committed, and we should get what we can out of him. Him and Jan are the one pocket of leadership that we’re able to create in our team.

However, selections were not why we lost, and Southampton are shit.

We just lack a complete winning mentality. Our squad had become too lazy and entitled. We need energy and angst from somewhere. We need leaders on the pitch. We also simply need to work hard for 90 minutes.

Only Spurs could make a week with CL progression and new stadium excitement end in misery.

Spursy we still are.

P.S. Good to see Dele back.

What the fuck has happened the past 2 months, how can a team that had two opportunities to close the gap to the league leaders to 1pt and 2pts respectively now find themselves hanging on by thread to even finish in the top 4 yet somehow hand out a masterclass over 2 legs to the German league leaders?

This is fucking good old Spurs at their Spursy best and it sucks!! I thought that Spursy tag had long gone the way of the dodo but guess what? It’s back, and if we blow top 4 this season from the position we were in then this will be the most Spursy of Spursyness (is that even a word) in the history of Spursy!!
Something has defiantly happened behind the scenes, and I’d love to know what!!

I'd say a bigger problem than having a midfield consisting of Sissoko and Dier is our defence changing from game to game.

Do you want to know how many games in a row we've fielded a completely different defensive line-up? 19. In all competitions. NINETEEN games in a row.

The last time we played two games in a row with the same back four? Beginning of December when we beat Burnley 1-0 and Woolwich 2-0 in the League Cup.

Funny that ain't it? Two cleansheets in a row playing the exact same back four.

Just seen this on Twitter.

D1O8XB_XgAEpn3S.jpg

You have got to laugh haven't you?

To put how shit things are if Woolwich win by 3 tommorow and Chelsea win there games in hand we could be fifth.....

3 weeks ago we where talking about the fucking title. Something's going on behind the scenes surely?

Back
Top Bottom