Southampton (A) 9th March - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe that means our coach is not the best in the league and most of our players are not world class.
thatsthejoke.jpg

He’s not deserved a start for a while. Yet again there is no pressure on his place.

James Ward Prowse has scored how many free kicks ? and It’s been Years since Eriksen did the same !

This run of 4 games and performances are an utter stain on our club and on us as fans. Shades of 2012 all over again and rinse and repeat is coming. poch is likely done I am sad to say.

Legs gone in their mid 20s?? It's because there is no constitancy. The amount of rotation is ridiculous. Also there is no threat to the likes of eriksen or Hugo etc and lack of effort is now accepted. Poch openly questions their mentality and says it will take 10 years.

Usually when a cunt doesn't want to sign a contract then poch would drop em. He dropped walker when his mind was away, Toby too. Nowadays Toby plays nearly every week as does eriksen. Both blatantly off in the summer. He is just letting things go when usually he would stand firm, no matter the name of the player. Toby and walker were our best defenders and the best in their positions in the league but soon as they dropped their effort they were left out

So poch is now being very un-poch-like. So I think he is off in the summer to Madrid...would not be surprised if that's been a done deal for a while and levy knows it too.

Being in the Champions Leauge three years in row has minimized the actually huge risk in paying off our £10 billion stadium. I believe we'd actually would be in bigger troubles now, if we hadn't. And I believe that the future actually looks far bright now. And I do believe we can take more risk in signing new players in the summer.

It hasn't. Stadium and the funding was already in place. There is no way levy would take us into financial risks like that. Massive amount of money from the CL for a club already quite healthy financially. So it's total bollocks that we could not afford to spend in the summer. And total bollocks that poch couldn't find players that improved our squad. Levy just wouldn't spend and thought we can squeeze another top 4 season out if the players. He's probably right, and we could. Sadly the lack of effort from manager and players show they have also had enough.

Legs gone in their mid 20s?? It's because there is no constitancy. The amount of rotation is ridiculous. Also there is no threat to the likes of eriksen or Hugo etc and lack of effort is now accepted. Poch openly questions their mentality and says it will take 10 years.

Usually when a cunt doesn't want to sign a contract then poch would drop em. He dropped walker when his mind was away, Toby too. Nowadays Toby plays nearly every week as does eriksen. Both blatantly off in the summer. He is just letting things go when usually he would stand firm, no matter the name of the player. Toby and walker were our best defenders and the best in their positions in the league but soon as they dropped their effort they were left out

So poch is now being very un-poch-like. So I think he is off in the summer to Madrid...would not be surprised if that's been a done deal for a while and levy knows it too.
The issue is that if you drop Toby we're forced to play Sanchez who is at this stage a much worse player. Same goes for Eriksen - there isn't even a backup for him so his position is never under realistic threat.

The rotations are however totally illogical at times and I don't even know what's going on. If Toby wasn't going to be first choice we should have sold him last year when we could have gotten more than 25m.

On the train on the way home.

Well, we should have been out of sight in the first half. Fair play to Southampton, 2 changes at half time made the difference. Although we still had opportunities to go 2-0 up. We should have won it easily in the first half.

Annoyed

The issue is that if you drop Toby we're forced to play Sanchez who is at this stage a much worse player. Same goes for Eriksen - there isn't even a backup for him so his position is never under realistic threat.

The rotations are however totally illogical at times and I don't even know what's going on. If Toby wasn't going to be first choice we should have sold him last year when we could have gotten more than 25m.

Sanchez did fine in his first season. Made mistakes but things at the back were consistent and we rarely spent a entire half getting battered by the likes of burnley and Southampton. There is always a backup. Especially to the likes of eriksen who is total shit for so long this season. Play lamela every week. Least he puts in a shift.

It hasn't. Stadium and the funding was already in place. There is no way levy would take us into financial risks like that. Massive amount of money from the CL for a club already quite healthy financially. So it's total bollocks that we could not afford to spend in the summer. And total bollocks that poch couldn't find players that improved our squad. Levy just wouldn't spend and thought we can squeeze another top 4 season out if the players. He's probably right, and we could. Sadly the lack of effort from manager and players show they have also had enough.

Totally agree. Levy is lining his pockets.
I think their long term plan - ENIC’s - is to sell us off.

It's true that players like Toby and Rose would normally never have returned to the first team, but we didn't sign anyone. Poch had to be pragmatic in that situation. Nobody wanted to buy them so he had to consider them for selection. Even Janssen has made a miraculous return to first team training. When you haven't signed a player for 2 years you have to make the best of what you've got.

I don’t trust where Levy is going with this. And Harry went for a similar collapse. This could yet be worse than that. Hopefully not. But Poch won’t survive 6th or 5th

Yes he will. Levy will never sack Poch.
Agreed, and if Baldy doesn't know that part of this is down to getting no new faces in the summer then he's completely delusional.

I honestly can't put the main blame for this collapse on Poch. He was basically working miracles eeking out wins earlier on in the season and it's come home to roost now (just in a more extreme fashion than any of us expected in the last four PL games).

We're down to the bare bones in certain areas and if Sissoko, Winks, and Eriksen collectively decide to have an off day (or are injured) then we're in trouble - and add to that our defensive frailties compared to two years ago.

Kane deserves some criticism today because he didn’t make the most of some chances, Moura as ever is a pea brain, and we can pick holes in various facets of our team but Poch’s midfield malaise has been costing us for at least a couple of years, longer imo. It’s a much deeper rooted problem.
I typically try to reserve my criticism of sacred cows to PMs unlike some cantankerous ****s I know.:allitongue: It's safe from happy clapping eyes there. But Kane is not safe from my criticism. Today, like many days, his passes were to players best setup to play him in instead of the best situated player to advance the move. He looked off Moura a couple times to play flat out to the wing instead of sending Moura. I have an uneasy feeling with all #9s but really hate a greedy one.

And as far as his finishing today all he needed was his clown shoes. Folks will point to his goal but even that he fucked up and took more touches than necessary while almost losing the chance.

The MF, good lord. Yeah, each year we needed upgrades but never got them. We struggle in his 2nd year and went to Dier who had a promising (IMHO) year but has never improved. Not one fucking bit of improvement. Actually, he has gotten worse. For him to still be in our MF is disappointing. For him to still be putting in the shit performances and sending stupid square balls across the center circle (again today in the 1st half) and short hospital ball (like the one in our own box to Sanchez in th 2nd half) is infuriating.

I understand (and agree) with your disappointment with Sissoko from a progressive footballing perspective and always have even if I take the piss. But we are in an awful circumstance this season and he has been great for us. Although is it a Sophie's choice from a footballing perspective I would have him there before Dier or Wanyama all day everyday right now.

Deep rooted problem is relying on players that were always not good enough even though there were improvements in their play. Deficiencies were always going to show. Not slowly but surely improving the squad each year has been horrible. If we identified 1 position to improve each TW in the last 5 years and went all out for 1 player we would be better off.

And I'm not talking WC players I am talking identifying not-good-enough-starters or 1st teamers and recruiting on top of them. If we had gotten rid of lamela*, Davies*, Tripps*, Dier*, Janssen, GKN, etc right there that is 6 potentially contributing players to add to the XI.

*pre-emptive fuck off to anyone that wants to stupidly argue whether or not these players are good enough, have contributed or been important in the past, etc., etc., etc. No one is debating that. They are without doubt not good enough going forward/CL club. Can they help or do a job? Sure, if you want to end up in situations like we are in NOW. And not only are they not good enough they are easily replaced with better, more rounded players...for cheap not 50M

Last year folks argued we need a CM and a DM. I said we needed at leat 4 MFs not including Eriksen competition. At that point Winks could not be relied upon because of his ankle and hadn't finished a full season. He's out again so perhaps we shouldn't have been placing so much fucking weight/respsonsibility on his...I guess, ankles.

yes this is a structural problem that is being played out on the field but can only be solved at boardroom level.

Last edited:
We’re going to see what the club is really made of from this point on. Liverpool and City away is always going to be tough but if we if we can’t be up and show some fight against the likes of Palace, Brighton, Huddersfield, West Ham and Everton in our brand new stadium with a top 4 place on the line then Thursday nights is what we deserve.

Back
Top Bottom