Southampton (A) 9th March - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It will be down to Levy if we do miss out more than anybody, this is what happens with lack of investment, complacency from both players and management.
Please stop. We're in our most financially vulnerable situation since the eighties, and Levy´s doing a remarkable job to keep it together.
We aren't guaranteed anything with new signings. The post Bale-situation proved that. The four last games is down to mental strength. Something happened within the team's head when Kane returned from injury. Exactly what, I'm not sure, I'm not a psychologist, but it's definitely not down to the teams quality. We've got plenty of it.

Hairy’s Post Match Thoughts:

1. Shocking
2. Nauseated
3. What was the deal with playing croquet wicket in front of your own goal on the first Saints goal?
Verts let it go and I think Rose got confused and thought that letting it go wide was the play.
4. Eriksen continues to pull out of every tackle.
5. Thought KWP did ok. Got away with a red card and stopped a near sure goal. Hard to blame him fully.
6. Too many missed chances. Not a foot on the throat mentality with this group.
7. Lucas is a house of cards. How can anyone with such a low center of gravity go down so easily?
8. Hugo can’t seem to keep his clearances on the pitch anymore. He should be pounding them into the opposition’s box.
9. Build up, as usual, was excellent, finishing.....not so much.

If we miss out on CL I think Levy will sack Poch, I think the bare minimum as far as Levy is concerned is us getting into the CL for the new stadium, Poch has even said so himself when he signed his new contract.

Even though Levy is as much to blame if we do fail but the truth is, this team is good enough to finish in the top 4 and we shouldn’t be missing out, lack of signings or not, we shouldn’t be dropping out of the top 4.

Levy is not going to sack him as he is the most willing puppet of a manager all these years

Let’s not pretend we weren’t absolutely scraping results when he was injured. Our football was mostly horrid, defensively shocking stuff where we somehow got a few wins at the end. Against Fulham, Newcastle, Leicester and Watford we were crap and somehow won the games. Now Kane is back and we are still crap but he has scored in 4 out of the 5 games he’s played.

The rest of the team are not doing their jobs properly, how can we concede 7 goals in 4 games? Kane is not the problem. This stage of the season it’s about doing the basics right and keeping clean sheets. Liverpool and City are keeping clean sheets while we are letting any old rubbish score against us.
Yes, our football has been horrid for a lot of league games this season. We've seen glimpses of that sweet, flowing football. But something has gone very wrong. I guess the Kane timing is just coincidental. But it sucks!

He keeps saying this but isn’t it his job to make sure the players have the right mentality going into games?

Only so many times I can hear him say this before I start thinking that the players actually couldn’t give a toss what Poch thinks anymore because if this is how he truly thinks then why aren’t they listening to him?
Is that what he's said today?

Please stop. We're in our most financially vulnerable situation since the eighties, and Levy´s doing a remarkable job to keep it together.
We aren't guaranteed anything with new signings. The post Bale-situation proved that. The four last games is down to mental strength. Something happened within the team's head when Kane returned from injury. Exactly what, I'm not sure, I'm not a psychologist, but it's definitely not down to the teams quality. We got plenty of it.

We haven’t signed a single player in two windows, we have sold players and not replaced them (Dembele) writing it off as a non-factor is ridiculous mate, sorry but it has had an impact.

Levy is not blameless here, he might be a fantastic businessman that has kept this club stable but he has no fucking idea about the football side of things.

We are a better TEAM without Kane. His f***ing quest for personal success kills the flow, and when he finally decides to pass the ball the chance is long gone. Play him from the bench next time up.

And what's the idea of playing Dier?? He offers no cover for the defence (which is his role?), and that clearly made our defenders look shit. He keeps dropping deep whenever we have the ball, but we really need him further up to play the ball through the lines. Winks never drops so deep, so I find this weird.

lord above - people are actually disagreeing with me over this

where in his post (or posting history) is evidence of someone who is a committed and dedicated Spurs fan?

he's a serial moaner, complainer and critic of pretty much every aspect of anything the club does, that isn't a convincing win.
Get a life, man, you're full of shit, always the same talk about who are the true fans and so on. Were we supposed to like this shitshow of today? We've been crap for a while and you seems the only one that can't see this, or you are Pochettino account

Whatever way you look at it, I think the bottom line has always been to get top 4 this season, even if that only happens in the final game this season. That might not sit well with a lot of fans but that's the way it is.

No investment in the squad, playing at Wembley for 2 years almost - in some ways it could be deemed acceptable.

Next season though i really feel Poch and Levy will be out of excuses. Assuming we actually buy some players and keep hold of the key ones, there isnt anywhere to hide because we'll be at our new stadium and have the chance to refresh the squad.

Injuries to Kane, Dele, Dier etc... we’re in the title race. Everybody comes back from injury and we could very possibly be out of the top 4. This is fucking crazy. Spurs are gonna be the death of me.
:wall::wall::wall:

Woke up this morning in such a good mood after the week we’ve had, thinking we’ve turned a corner.

Then we implode in true spurs style in the second half.

It’s becoming embarrassing. As soon as the flow of a game changes, we lose our focus, our discipline and our imagination.

Back
Top Bottom