Woolwich @ Wembley - 2nd March - 1230KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a shame it fell to Sissoko - unlucky

He did everything right. Went the opposite way to the keeper and kept it under the bar. Not his fault the keeper pulled out a worldie.

Been our best player for me.

Also, the people calling for Harry to come off...what on earth are you smoking?

Such a frustrating game tho.

Painful how much we miss Dembele. Not just his skill but his attitude. He had a dominant mentality and we don't have that in midfield. It's completely absent.

We can still turn this around but we're handicapped.

I am talking about our mentality more than how we are playing.

We look slow and uninspired, passing the ball left and right and backwards.
That's not to do with mentality. You can't create space where there isn't any with a positive mental outlook. Our play is slow and unproductive, because the opposition are defending and pressing well and our passing isn't good enough to play it around them so we go backwards for fear of giving the ball away.

Or it insinuates it fell to a player who hasn't scored a goal for us in over a year and usually has about as much composure as a dog sniffing shit.

Sissoko couldn’t have struck that better but Eriksen should have already buried it

Our best player in all honesty has probably been Eriksen.

SHOULD score his chance but he's doing well outside of that. Midfield non-existent which worries me abit but I think Arsenals tactics help us out as it looks like they're not trying to dominate it, just counter.

No idea what Sanchez was doing for their goal. Rose is hardly in the game and Trippier is blowing hot and cold, some good moments, and some utterly braindead defensive moments.

Poch HAS to fire them up for the second half.

One mistake is all it takes. We have had some real big mental lapses when firmly in the game. It’s ballsy to go for a header being the last line of defense. Sanchez made a big boo boo there.

The game is open and they will get another break the way we are committing people forward.

I am not sure we need 3 CBs. I would like to see Lamela come on for Sanchez and have Wanyama sit much deeper and have another midfielder occupying space, which will allow Eriksen to get on the ball more.

Back
Top Bottom