Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I caught about half of the match; very disappointing.

White did okay, as did Tanganga, but there wasn't a lot else. Tracey, TOB and Maghoma were abject, Roles really poor too.
My mate was there sent me a text and said it was one of the worst games he's seen us play for a couple of years! Very little football played, sounded like we played down to their level?

Just too many poor to average players in the team IMO.

Probably correct, but also not helped by having only one realistic forward in Roles played as a striker rather than AM with pretty much no support - Tracey just shouldn't be in the squad and Oakley Boothe is a CM not an AM.

So no real attack, just a chance we might get a goal and hold on. Not a sensible strategy as it only puts all the strain on our cm's and defence.

Probably correct, but also not helped by having only one realistic forward in Roles played as a striker rather than AM with pretty much no support - Tracey just shouldn't be in the squad and Oakley Boothe is a CM not an AM.

So no real attack, just a chance we might get a goal and hold on. Not a sensible strategy as it only puts all the strain on our cm's and defence.

Bit of a mess in all honesty. It makes me want to snap pencils when I think of all of the wasted talent. Why on earth is Tanganga not out at a League Two club getting valuable experience, for example.

Absoloutley correct and Roles came off injured as did Eyoma . So not sure if either will be fit for fridays game against Chelsea . Roles needed to be attacking mid so that we had some creativity , but instead he was left up top with very little service , lots of useless running as never received the ball , and when he did receive couldn’t do a lot with it as is not a natural striker . Again maghomas shooting was not to the required standard . Oakley booth doesn’t always seem switched on . Tracy tried hard but not good enough . Dinzeyi came on and was poor. White did well , considering his age and I do think we wanted most of the play to go through him , so the set up was probably for his benifit . As we will probably do with him as we did with skipp, which is very good for him but not all the other players around him .

Given the lack of options in attack, in particular no CF and only one real AM (and numbers unavailable due to injury as well) any idea why Janssen was not drafted in - he would have been younger than Zagreb's oldest player and given Sours u23's a much better chance to move onto the next round and another match to gain experience in (and even 'glory'). The Janssen/Roles attacking duet seemed to work before with both scoring and/or assisting in previous games (and sensible to show Janssen is kept match fit in next TW)

Thoughts ?

Bit of a mess in all honesty. It makes me want to snap pencils when I think of all of the wasted talent. Why on earth is Tanganga not out at a League Two club getting valuable experience, for example.
Yes, Tanganga should have been loaned out by now. He's probably stagnating in the u23 team.

under 18 team v West Ham: Oluwayemi, Okedina, Statham, John, Walcott, Binks, Pochettino, Shashoua (c), Etete, Markanday, Clarke.

Subs: Kurylowicz, Cooper, Pedder, Whittaker

Kion Etete on loan from notts county - I guess as we are short of strikers due to injuries. Wonder if we have asked to buy him as we are generally short of strikers anyway. He has played once for Notts County first team in League 2 in November, coming on for last 20 minutes. DoB 28 November 2001, so age 17, contract until 30 June 2019, (Nb. The Chairman of Notts County's business has just been put into adminstration, and he's trying to sell Notts County which had a winding up order issued by HMRC, so I imagine Etete is available if we want him)

Nile John (u16 AM) making his debut

Kacper Kurylowicz (GK) came off the bench to make his u18 debut.

Spurs won 5-3, scorers :

Poch '7
Clarke '10
Etete '20, '35
Whitaker 84 (first u18 goal)

Last edited:
Now seen 5 u16's play for u18's, all likely to be in next season's Academy Year 1

Timothee Lo-Tutala (GK)
Matthew Craig (CM)
Michael Craig (CM)
Nile John (AM)
Tarrelle Whittaker (striker).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom