Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley (Turf Moor, 23rd Feb 2019, 12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At point, I don’t know who’s a bigger cunt. Dean or Oliver

tenor.gif

How did we play today? Couldn't watch the game as I was playing myself

Probably one of the worst performances I've seen from Spurs over the last 3 seasons.

Lacked any sort of fight - you would have thought we were the team battling relegation. Odd subs as well by taking off our only central midfielder capable of controlling game for someone who came on and just committed foul after foul in Llorente.

Literally the only positive was the fact Kane got a goal on his return.

He's obviously said something that's pissed off Poch, I properly hate Dean. He's an absolute clown. The PL needs proper officials, no personalities.

Really bitter pill to swallow, but we've been here before and onwards we march.

I've been watching Chris Wood quite closely since he scored that late goal against us and gotta say I like him. On the surface he looks like a battering ram, but I think he's quite a clever player. Wouldn't mind him at Spurs as a second or third striker.

Really bitter pill to swallow, but we've been here before and onwards we march.

I've been watching Chris Wood quite closely since he scored that late goal against us and gotta say I like him. On the surface he looks like a battering ram, but I think he's quite a clever player. Wouldn't mind him at Spurs as a second or third striker.
I don’t think we need another striker unless we sell both Lucas and Llorente. What we need is a creative and consistent MF who creates opportunity for Kane/Son

Anyone else note our lack of anyone running for the through pass, behind the defender on the ball when it’s on the wing with Rose/Serge?

Also, with Serge/Rose’s pace, is surprising to me they don’t try to turn that corner and attack down the end line. Rose does it some, but not nearly enough to for me.

I don’t think we need another striker unless we sell both Lucas and Llorente. What we need is a creative and consistent MF who creates opportunity for Kane/Son

I don't really see Lucas as a striker. And Llorente - as much as I love him - is getting a bit old.

Agree about the MF thing though.

No, we just have the same problems we’ve had for years....running out of ideas in the final third. Despite what some people think about Eriksen, we simply don’t have a midfield magician to turn games on their head on a regular basis.

You’re all looking at full backs and DMs....Eriksen leaving will be the turining point, because we will be forced to address that area of the pitch, instead of the gaping hole between the CMs and the AMs.

The team at times seems to play in separate little groups. I don’t know if Eriksen is a defender these days, or what his role is.
Can’t cross, doesn’t pass into key areas, doesn’t go on runs with the ball, just there doing what I’d expect from Dier or Skipp.

Even today, on one the collectively shittest days, Eriksen (48/54) still got on the ball twice as much as fucking Sissoko did, who completed 25 fucking passes in 94 minutes. Even just as a midfielder he’s doing a better job than Sissoko, who was fucking abysmal.

It’s idiotic expecting him to do Sissoko’s midfield job, also be the most consistent creator of chances and score goals every game.

Pointing the finger at Eriksen is idiotic.

There isn’t a single midfielder in this league with more assists, David Silva the only other midfielder the averages more chances created and that’s by 0.1 pg. Only 2 midfielders in this league have scored more goals (1 more).

All this while doing what Dier can do as well?

I think we’ll find it much easier to upgrade what that clown Sissoko does personally.

Even today, on one the collectively shittest days, Eriksen (48/54) still got on the ball twice as much as fucking Sissoko did, who completed 25 fucking passes in 94 minutes. Even just as a midfielder he’s doing a better job than Sissoko, who was fucking abysmal.

It’s idiotic expecting him to do Sissoko’s midfield job, also be the most consistent creator of chances and score goals every game.

Pointing the finger at Eriksen is idiotic.

There isn’t a single midfielder in this league with more assists, David Silva the only other midfielder the averages more chances created and that’s by 0.1 pg. Only 2 midfielders in this league have scored more goals (1 more).

All this while doing what Dier can do as well?

I think we’ll find it much easier to upgrade what that clown Sissoko does personally.

Yawn

I think this has finally shown us that Levy needs to shit or get off the pot! We simply don't have a strong enough squad to go all the way. Sissoko, Trippier, Sanchez to name but a few. Look at M.C's bench. Or Liverpool. We simply don't have the strength in depth and Poch is hamstrung. Wasting millions on a stadium where we'll probably lose.
Levy MUST GO if we're ever to have a chance of glory and silverware.

I think this has finally shown us that Levy needs to shit or get off the pot! We simply don't have a strong enough squad to go all the way. Sissoko, Trippier, Sanchez to name but a few. Look at M.C's bench. Or Liverpool. We simply don't have the strength in depth and Poch is hamstrung. Wasting millions on a stadium where we'll probably lose.
Levy MUST GO if we're ever to have a chance of glory and silverware.

FUCK OFF YOU UTTER CUNT

Burnley sat back defending in numbers and we had difficulty making chances.
Usual defensive mistakes.
I’ve seen worse refereeing from Dean, although I think the Lorente booking was harsh.

Onwards to Wednesday.

Seeing the Same old nonsense being spouted when we loose.... I must be getting old as I am seeing things nor dispassionately

Back
Top Bottom