Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City - 10th Feb - 1.30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sky an absolute joke, what an earth were they playing at? Ex Gooner on co-commentator with Sounness, Carragher and the shitty Redknapp in the studio.
For two league games that don't involve Liverpool or Woolwich.......

Oh and no time for a Poch interview as we have to head off and kiss arse MAN City AND Chelsea......

It’s good that we are so clinical but the state of our midfield is really concerning. We look so flimsy compared to when we had Dier/Wanyama with Dembele in the centre, we don’t have any authority without the ball. People running through the lines and getting into our box way too easily.

Being able to grind out these results is a great indicator of our mentality but in terms of the actual quality of football, with and without the ball, we are well off our previous standard and that of Liverpool and City. To let Leicester have 20 shots is not right. We need to make two quality midfield signings this summer.

It must be hard work being an Aussie fan... I woke up at 33 minutes and was following the game on
this thread. I'm proud of the boys. Why are we tired when we've had a week off? Is it the Wembley pitch?

Fuck off Carragher

You salty cunt

“Very fortunate “
“Very lucky “

“Amazed at Leicester not getting something from that game “

Go and fucking gob on someone you disgusting piece of shit
The disrespect shown by them is on a whole new level..... Why have they even got a couple of ex Liverpool in the studio when they're not even playing.....

I don’t think these 2-3 days off help, we look more tired for actually having taken a break.

I think momentum keeps the players focused and helps them work through the tiredness, taking breaks relaxes the mind too much it seems, defensively we were incredibly poor today.

However, we have some serious bollocks don’t we? I am proud of this team and this manager, what an outfit we are, especially considering all that has gone against us this season and with the poor officials as well.

Great result, onwards and upwards COYS!!!
You're not wrong. But eventually the games catch up with tiredness and injuries so perhaps we'll see a benefit as the line gets closer.

vk17zd7N.jpg:large

Fuck off Carragher

You salty cunt

“Very fortunate “
“Very lucky “

“Amazed at Leicester not getting something from that game “

Go and fucking gob on someone you disgusting piece of shit
It pisses me off that I can't like, agree AND laugh at this post. Eloquently put my friend. He is that bit of dog shit that gets stuck in the tread of your trainers that just won't fuck off...

Before the game I saw a stat saying we have scored more goals from outside of the box than any other prem league club this season.

Obviously Eriksen's goal was also from outside the box, but not sure about Sonny's as it looks really close? Can anyone confirm? Is there a website that has this information?

Cheers lads.

Obviously hated the result, but enjoyed much of the game. We had the rub of Oliver’s green, but have very little conviction in front of goal.
I like the prospects for this team though. We played some decent stuff, plenty of chances, and certainly didn’t come to shithouse.
With so many injuries to such important players, I think it’s astonishing you haven’t dropped points in the last few games. Could be a fantastic boost for you when they come back at what could be a vital time. How you win in the meantime is of less importance, just keep hanging in there.
City and Pool will both drop points, I’m sure of it. So if you keep on the shoulder, Mo Farah style, I think you’ve got a great chance.

Another dramatic game. Sissoko was great. Sort of player you need when you have injuries, look tired & the opposition are coming at you. Hugo was solid & made 2 really good saves. First pen save since? Eriksen had a key influence. & you always back son to finish those.
These close wins where we hang in are all building character & resilience.

The ref seemed to eager to give decisions there way. Soft pen for them & if it was then so was son's.
We rode our luck with all those chances they missed. Glad vardy didn't start.
Tielemans looks like a handy player.

3pts, No injuries (I think) & top 4 looking more & more secure. I am not in to talking up the title obviously. Just take it 1 game at a time. First targets are beat dortmund & then seal top 4. A lot of pressure will be off us then.
Going to watch city match. City win, top 4 more secure. Chelsea win & we stay just 2pts behind city. A draw & we gain 2 pts on both. Win, win, win!

Last edited:
We may not win the title but we have been winning games like champions do all season long

So many setups no matter who is available for us we get results

COYS

Back
Top Bottom