Palace Vs Tottenham - FA Cup 4th Round.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't know, but I'll have an honest guess for you. Maybe he's not too crazy about our squad players. Maybe the drop-off in quality is too steep.

Well he should have had the foresight to realise it's a busy period, chuck the squad players on at 4-0 up and preserve his darlings for games and spells when they'd be needed more than coasting a four goal lead

Last edited:
Im not saying it aint happened, and please dont bring me up tons of quotes, but i cant recall players getting shit other than for their performances on the pitch, or for crap like getting photo'd in chelsea shirts or whatever.

It's standard virtue signalling horse-shit hypocricy.

John will be expecting a good fluffing tonight on the back of this result, so off you pop scott scott ... Duty calls.

Don’t feed the troll - he changes his oppinion 5 times a day and adjusts it to suit the relevant topic of trolling. From no singings to some signings, etc.
Are you suggesting that I should be embarrassed because I changed my mind?

To never change your stance or opinions due to the changing environment, just makes you agenda driven.

But thanks for finally showing that I don’t have an agenda.

I’m not even angry over the game today, but I’m sad and despair that some people think the cups aren’t even worth trying to win.

What’s the point then? We aren’t good or consistent enough for the league or CL.

If you had read Poch's book, or indeed listened to his recent interviews he clearly states that Joe and Danny Boy set him a remit of delivering a side capable of CL qualification by the time the new stadium opened.

He has stated time and time again that the Club are ahead of that plan. The plan that had fuck all to do with the CC or FA Cup.

Today's loss was a result of too many injuries, games played that required a young side to be fielded, once i saw the side Palace put out compared to ours i never doubted the outcome to be fair.

Looking ahead at our remaining fixtures and the amount of those at "home" you can see where Poch's focus is on and it ain't on the domestic Cups.

If the current PL table bears out, or if we fall to fourth, Man Ure and Woolwich won't give two fucks about the FA Cup, believe me. They will both be hurting.

It's the CL that is the number one priority and rightly so.

Don’t feed the troll - he changes his oppinion 5 times a day and adjusts it to suit the relevant topic of trolling. From no singings to some signings, etc.
giphy.gif

Some posters on here have some proper loser bootlicking mentality. How can some of you be so nonchalant at going out of 2 cups in a week and instantly start defending our strategy and board and moving the goalposts as if Levy and ENIC are your mothers

Funny you left out the manager, who just said winning trophies don’t matter because it just feeds egos

Are you suggesting that I should be embarrassed because I changed my mind?

To never change your stance or opinions due to the changing environment, just makes you agenda driven.

But thanks for finally showing that I don’t have an agenda.
You adjust it hourly depending on the argument and thread - it’s laughable - everyone has seen through your little ‘better fan than all of you’ little act.

What did Liverpool win?
I am talking in general. Apart from freak Leicester season, teams who win title spent a lot. Do you not think city for example are better than us? & do you not think it's mainly because they spent more.
Do you also not think we won't win the title? Which means team(s) finished ahead of us. & they would have spent more than us. I think a big part of that is because of investment.
Why do you think teams keep finishing above us? If you disagree with it being spending power?

Yeah I get what your saying but it all just feels a little pointless in the end

There is no way we are winning the league or Cl anytime soon

So do we just accept that we are unlikely to see a trophy for a considerable amount of time ?

Poch's comments would suggest so i guess, unless one of those trophies are the Premier league or CL...

How is another CL qualification going to affect future growth compared to a cup win . When we couldnt finish in the top 4, thats when top 4 was growth. Now we have managed to stay in the top 3 for a while, another CL qualification does nothing other than a little bit of money which didnt get used to improve the sqaud anyway. The next step is clearly to win something tangible that proves we arent some nearly men bottlers.
... "a little bit of money" ...
Getting out of the Champions League group stage guarantees about 10 times more cash than you get for winning the FA Cup.

If the gaffer ain’t bothered about the cups, does this then filter down to the players?
2016 we he had the best team - scored the most, concedes the least, etc. 2017 was also epic but we never built on that and I fear we might have missed our peak for that squad. This season also has been terrible in terms of injuries - just bad luck and bad timings. Gutting

We weren't shite when we won the 91 FA Cup.

Fake news everywhere!

Come on - Rose tinted specs aside.... they weren't world beaters..... Linekar and Gazza aside they weren't chock full of talent compared to our first team even allowing for talent inflation......

Pat Van den Hauwe and Justin Edinburgh were distinctly average...... Then there's Vinny Samways and Paul Stewart....

Don't get me wrong they were good but the talent in the squad we have now is immeasurable compared to the squad of 91.

Back
Top Bottom