Chelsea v Tottenham. 2nd leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Down, but not disheartened.
Absolutely depleted attacking options.
Their first goal was a one in a million fluke from that little bastard who never scores. Through 3 pairs of legs finding its way into the net.

Second half we were really good value.
Rose was fucking immense.

And then the lottery of penalties. 3 nailed on takers all unavailable.

So overall, very disappointed with the result, but I thought that in the circumstances the lads put up a great effort.

There is no football god..... and evil wins again. Proud of the lads but sick to my stomach about how we got knocked out by those cunts.

Will we ever get a break or a some luck... i dont know.

Sigh, same old, same old. Someone mentioned silverware earlier, and I just had to laugh a little.

giphy.gif

Sick and fucking tired of not having the ability to get across the line! Always the bridesmaid never the bride. Fucking sick of it!
Meh, come back to that sentiment when it's happening in a final. Hopefully Man City will pummel these cunts in the final and we won't feel so bad.

Disappointing, but if you'd offered me a penalty shootout at half time, I'd have bitten your hand off.

Once a shootout is happening, it's often a case of luck and we mustn't forget that in addition to missing our top 3 goalscorers, we're also missing our first 3 penalty takers.

I just can't be angry at our lads on balance.

Nah no one does that in fairness.

Pride restored but we need the boost of a signing or 2 before the end of the month.
The fans and the players will be on their knees after yet another semi final defeat.
Poch has again been forced to openly beg for new signings to give him a fighting chance to compete.
There's just one week left for the board to give us all a lift and show the fans they care about this wonderful team with the most patient, fantastic supporters in football

Some people on here tonight need to take a long hard look at themselves and take a step back and re-assess what being a fan of a club is all about.

Fucking moaning, miserable cunts, who suck the energy out of this place.

I'm proud of this team, they never give up. I'm proud of where we are and where we're heading. Following this club is amazing, the lows and the highs. No shame in losing that game on pens with all the injuries. Anyone ranting about no signings and squad not big enough bore of you fucking sad wankers.

Yid Army :tobyarm:
Fair enough point.. But you honestly don't think we need some better players or just some more players of the same quality as our starting 11..we would be fucking spectacular with some of those type of quality players that all the other clubs buy..if you don't invest to progress in football you stand still.. not my words but still wise ones that ring very true..

A lot of people here saying, ‘calm down’, ‘I’m proud of the lads’ etc etc.

It’s not good enough. I don’t really enter debates about Levy/Enic being tight, Poch wanting out or afraid to buy players or the lack of signings but perhaps the reason we are always the bridesmaids in the second half of the season is that our players have put so much effort in (particularly Oct/Nov/Dec) that come end of Jan/Feb/Mar they are either exhausted or injured.

Not sure where we are on that financial list but the way we carry on we are like Bournemouth, plucky little Spurs punching above their weight.

Don’t like the cunt offs in here but we’ve (as a fanbase) been treated fairly shabbily by the club over the stadium/season tickets etc, it’s ok and not ‘disloyal’ to question certain things about the club - choking, personnel and lack of transfers.

The fact that it invariably is Chelsea sticking the boot in hurts even more...

Was going that way but we showed pride and resolve but just ran out of legs.

No doubt though that at this rate we will have the best set of players never to have won anything and that hurts.

It's a different game now. Even teams not in the top four have £60m players, £80m players. We shouldn't be expected to win when we go into these games always the underdog according to the bookies. Very seldom those guys are wrong it's just a shame nothing's broke our way for the last few years.

Quick question, who was the last team outside the big boys to win a domestic cup, it would be interesting to see how dominated the cups have been since the serious money has poured into the league

Everybody knew we would win on Away goals and lose on pens right?

They will probably realise the rule is stupid and scrap it again next season.
How come it doesn't surprise me, that in the year we would've finally made it into the final again... they change the rule and we're out. :pochfacepalm:

WE ain't gonna win the League... (Sky/PL won't allow it)
We won't win the Champions League (the Champions League won't allow it)

So the League Cup and FA Cup are all that are left then....

Fuck tonight, I'm old school... the FA CUP is "THE CUP THAT EVERY TEAM PLAYS FOOTBALL FOR"
Ask Chas.... he knew.
This year is for him.

We go ALL OUT to win the FA Cup.
Palace beware.... we've got almost 30 years of history to make up for... YOU ARE IN OUR WAY
.... GET OUT OF OUR WAY!

Back
Top Bottom