Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How many Asia Cups are there ? I thought they just won it.

Can’t he pick up a strategic “ injury “ and we rest himfor a couple of games instead of losing him for 5 ?

He'll be back on the 2nd Feb at the latest.

He misses four games and I am sure we can manage. Only game we'd probably miss him for is the second leg of the semi final at Stamford Bridge, so let's hope he can provide us with a memorable first leg performance.

How many Asia Cups are there ? I thought they just won it.

Can’t he pick up a strategic “ injury “ and we rest himfor a couple of games instead of losing him for 5 ?

The last one was "Asian Games" where all diff kinds of sports r played like Olympics but only for Asia.
Spurs didnt have to let Son go for it as it's not a FIFA-regulated tournament but they let him go so he cud get exemption from military service, which is a win for both sides.

The next one is "Asian Cup" which is like Euro but for Asia. Korea hasnt won it for the last 59 years. It's a FIFA-regulated tournament so Spurs has no choice.

Last edited:
Don't expect anything decent dealing with Korean Football Association. All they care about is their own pockets and staying at the power and its incompetent operation. Don't really care about the good of Korean football or any players injury or longevity including Son.

Don't expect anything decent dealing with Korean Football Association. All they care about is their own pockets and staying at the power and its incompetent operation. Don't really care about the good of Korean football or any players injury or longevity including Son.
Can you, or any of the other Koreans here, say what the reaction to Sonny would be if he announced that he was retiring from international football ?

Not saying he would or should, in fact I think he considers it a great honour to play for S Korea.

Can you, or any of the other Koreans here, say what the reaction to Sonny would be if he announced that he was retiring from international football ?

Not saying he would or should, in fact I think he considers it a great honour to play for S Korea.

Hello, I'm Korean and you're right that he thinks it's such an honor to play for South Korea. So I highly doubt he would announce retirement from international football anytime soon. In fact, he was saying he wanted to play for South Korea even after he is 35+ years old if I remember correctly. But let's just say he decided to retire. Our reactions would be 90% blaming him for leaving our country and some possibly threaten him every now and then. Remaining 10% would maybe support/understand his decision.

Last edited:
If he can come back and maintain his form or even improve it slightly he might just be looking at our player of the year award.

He is getting close to that level just behind Kane and has moved ahead of Alli this season in providing key goals.

Hopefully he can give us a couple more before he flies off.

You’ve said this a few times over the years and your fury is still at 100%. Very interested to hear what exactly is wrong/corrupt with them?

You’ve said this a few times over the years and your fury is still at 100%. Very interested to hear what exactly is wrong/corrupt with them?

I am Korean myself as well. It's true that Korea Football Federation (KFA) has been shit for years.
There are 15+ ppl on executive positions who do nothing. Only old ppl used to get the jobs there.
Personal relationships were commonly used to hire ppl who know nothing about football.

But they have made a lot of changes recently and they have been doing very well after the last WC. They still have a lot to improve, but things are going in the right direction.

I am Korean myself as well. It's true that Korea Football Federation (KFA) has been shit for years.
There are 15+ ppl on executive positions who do nothing. Only old ppl used to get the jobs there.
Personal relationships were commonly used to hire ppl who know nothing about football.

But they have made a lot of changes recently and they have been doing very well after the last WC. They still have a lot to improve, but things are going in the right direction.
Sounds like the majority of football associations to be honest. I was expecting something exceptional.

If he can come back and maintain his form or even improve it slightly he might just be looking at our player of the year award.

He is getting close to that level just behind Kane and has moved ahead of Alli this season in providing key goals.

Hopefully he can give us a couple more before he flies off.

I'm confident he'll continue his purple patch until he leaves. The great unknown is what level he'll be at when he returns. Even as a fan of the national team, it sort of pains me to see him leave in the middle of what could be his best season in a Spurs shirt.

quite a decent summary. kept it lighthearted for everyones blood pressure and all. But I would say KFA has been SHIT for Decades instead of years. I could also change "last WC" to "last meet up" or something and use the paragraph for describing the North Korean government. Things might look better like the for the ninth time now? but you still want to kill them

Last edited:

Son can't and will not retire until the next WC is over which is 2022? Sonny will be by then what 29 or 30? maybe then one could start talking about his retirement. I personally would like to see him retire from the Korean National squad duty right now if he could unretire from like 2020 or 2021 to get back on WC track. But that is just me and I know it will not happen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom