New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not assuming anything.
Just highlighting a plausible scenario
So there's no evidence to back up your scenario.
Good, here's mine.
Levy got a visit from 3 ghosts over Xmas (Bill Nich, Ron Burgess and Arthur Rowe) and he will now spend a Gazillion pounds in January and we will win every game from now to the end of the season.

I can see a situation where a single UK nfl franchise at NWHL becomes more marketable and profitable than the resident soccer team. And what nobody can dispute is that ENIC is ......an investment company that will always put long term financial gain ahead of short term dividends.
Of course the new stadium currently has to dare is to do and the game is about glory festooned around the place.
But if you add 2 + 2 together, and the above comes to fruition ...?.

Questions have to be asked

I can vibe with you on the ENIC bashing, but foreseeing the NFL on a better long-term trajectory than the EPL is a very shaky projection, and that's coming from a born-and-bred American handegg lover.

The fact that independent minority shareholders exist does not mean the club is publicly traded. The club was taken private years ago and with ENIC holding >85% voting power it's more of a legal formality that the page you provided even exists. Share price means almost nothing in this case, beyond the price that ENIC will offer to slowly gobble up the outstanding shares.

The fact that independent minority shareholders exist does not mean the club is publicly traded. The club was taken private years ago and with ENIC holding >85% voting power it's more of a legal formality that the page you provided even exists. Share price means almost nothing in this case, beyond the price that ENIC will offer to slowly gobble up the outstanding shares.
I won't pretend to understand the share dealings of a Ltd company.
But surely the assets of a Ltd company, regardless of who owns them are included on their balance sheets. Therefore the stadium and surrounding land/buildings etc are an asset and if ENIC were to sell the stadium the share value of Tottenham Hotspur Ltd. would fall dramatically as it is its prime asset ?
Although of course it would make Tottenham Hotspur Ltd cash rich and asset poor ?

I can never see ENIC selling the stadium only, as every other club that has done that has had a short term gain and a long term extreme loss.

I won't pretend to understand the share dealings of a Ltd company.
But surely the assets of a Ltd company, regardless of who owns them are included on their balance sheets. Therefore the stadium and surrounding land/buildings etc are an asset and if ENIC were to sell the stadium the share value of Tottenham Hotspur Ltd. would fall dramatically as it is its prime asset ?
Although of course it would make Tottenham Hotspur Ltd cash rich and asset poor ?

I can never see ENIC selling the stadium only, as every other club that has done that has had a short term gain and a long term extreme loss.
In short, I don't see them doing it either, because I don't see ENIC to be as short sighted as West Ham's owners are.

Ah! So we're back to assumptions.......Where's Neve?
CWfY.gif

Frankly I'm sick of hearing about the bloody place. Trust levy to even cock up a stadium opening. unbelievable that this twat still gets backing..i have been dreaming about this stadium for God knows how many years....
It should be a great thing but levy is already making us a joke and it's still not finished..

I can vibe with you on the ENIC bashing, but foreseeing the NFL on a better long-term trajectory than the EPL is a very shaky projection, and that's coming from a born-and-bred American handegg lover.
The NFL as a whole would never be more popular than the EPL over here . That's obvious.
But one NFL franchise taking up permanent residence in London would attract huge support and gain massive commercial exposure across the British Isles aa well as the US. They would likely become more marketable and profitable than one single soccer team competing in a league of 20.

After being at the hell-hole of Wembley yesterday, the opening of NWHL cannot come a moment too soon.

Cunts with pizza
Cunts with popcorn
Cunts with half and half scarves
Cunts with tablets
Cunts who sit down all game
Cunts who sit in total silence
Cunts leaving 15 minutes before the end
Cunts

No John, you said it was a conspiracy and that no stadium was being built. You're a loon and not a Spurs fan. I'm fine with that, but own what you are
Here we go again. An anonymous individual with the temerity to judge wether someone he's never met is a Spurs fan.
You're a stain on this forum. A disgrace.
Have you no shame?

Club finds a way to rake in the gazillions John wants for transfers.

John thinks it negative and a scam and that Levy wants to sell the ground to buy yachts.

How predictable and tedious
The gazillions from tv deals etc...have never been used for transfers. Weve always strived to break even.
What makes you so sure the gazillions from a NFL franchise groundshare would?

could an NFL team be based at NWHL ? odd games yes but based here ?
NFL play sunday's so if we were in the EL we would be at home on sundays
surely an NFL team based here would want a block of 2/3 home games at a time ?

Back
Top Bottom