New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Website still has Watford down as the first game, it’s a Wednesday night so i’d Say it’s unlikely. Surely we should be getting news re test events by this week? I just want a date even if it’s not even Feb, it would settle us so much more. If we could have Dortmund at the new Lane it would breathe life into us, i’d be So confident of us going through

After being at the hell-hole of Wembley yesterday, the opening of NWHL cannot come a moment too soon.

Cunts with pizza
Cunts with popcorn
Cunts with half and half scarves
Cunts with tablets
Cunts who sit down all game
Cunts who sit in total silence
Cunts leaving 15 minutes before the end
Cunts

We know when we have got to woolwich level of cuntery when we have Cunts with carrot battons.

although I must confess I got a pic'n'mix bag at one game last season - I had a strong word with myself the next morning :(

The NFL as a whole would never be more popular than the EPL over here . That's obvious.
But one NFL franchise taking up permanent residence in London would attract huge support and gain massive commercial exposure across the British Isles aa well as the US. They would likely become more marketable and profitable than one single soccer team competing in a league of 20.

This idea of a London NFL team as a pan-British cultural icon has always seemed fanciful to me, I dunno. Aren't a lot of English fans already pretty committed to a team?

If the EPL set up a club in Chicago I wouldn't abandon Spurs, that's for sure.

This idea of a London NFL team as a pan-British cultural icon has always seemed fanciful to me, I dunno. Aren't a lot of English fans already pretty committed to a team?

Yeah, the 'home' team would end up at a disadvantage - most crowds would be over half full of fans of the opposition or neutrals.

Website still has Watford down as the first game, it’s a Wednesday night so i’d Say it’s unlikely. Surely we should be getting news re test events by this week? I just want a date even if it’s not even Feb, it would settle us so much more. If we could have Dortmund at the new Lane it would breathe life into us, i’d be So confident of us going through

I and I think many fans don't care if we play our first game on a Wednesday night. There is no need at the moment for a huge fanfare of an opening. Let's just get in there and play

To be honest I'd prefer we have an official opening ceremony in the summer with a prestigious pre season game. Until then it's all about the football and making the ground our new home

But that is the case with any expansion team in any sport.

I moved to North Carolina in fall 1994; fall 1995 was the first year for the Carolina Panthers. In the last 20+ years the fanbase has continually grown as kids that were young when the team was founded grow up.

I still don't know how scheduling would work for a team based in London, especially the Raiders (even for a season) with the way division/conference play works. It's an 8 hour time difference between London and Los Angeles, 7 hours to Denver and 6 to Kansas City.

To make up for the time difference the NFL would have to schedule the London team in (at a minimum) blocks of 4 road games, then 4 home games and ensure that the teams coming to London have a bye week the week before the game in London. Since there are no bye weeks in the first 3 or last 4 weeks of the season this would be difficult to say the least.

This does nothing to address the jet lag the London team will face when coming home/going away.

A lot of talk regarding the first game at the new stadium, and understandable. We should look at this from a logical and financial understanding, rather emotive or preferential basis. Every game at Wembley costs the club a small fortune, and the vast amount of Spurs supporters who actually attend these games hate Wembley with an absolute passion (me included). A club announcement will be made on 7th January, which will no doubt give us details of test events, but not necessarily the first scheduled game. The last announcement indicated we will not be given a date for the first game until we have a safety certificate, I don't think we will be given one until after the two said events, but I may be wrong. I would imagine the quickest two test events can be played is about three weeks from the 7th of January, which will take us to the end of January. If we are then given a safety certificate, we will need to give the premiership and opposing team at least four weeks notice of venue. That will take us to the end of February, which means the soonest possible game will be Woolwich. If they hurry the process up a little (and I don't know how), there is a small chance it could be the Newcastle game, which would be crazy because it is a 12.30pm kick off, but we were prepared to play Liverpool at the same time, so who knows?

They had the man united game as 'Tottenham Hotspur stadium' too. Two bob cunts, Get the fucking thing finished and get us the fuck in there. Our fanbase is slowly turning into Woolwich.

Frankly I'm sick of hearing about the bloody place. Trust levy to even cock up a stadium opening. unbelievable that this twat still gets backing..i have been dreaming about this stadium for God knows how many years....
It should be a great thing but levy is already making us a joke and it's still not finished..
Maybe you don't all realise that other clubs find it hilarious the saga this stadium opening then not then oh shit we need more time, but soon then well maybe not yet ...mmm who knows when lol...

I and I think many fans don't care if we play our first game on a Wednesday night. There is no need at the moment for a huge fanfare of an opening. Let's just get in there and play

To be honest I'd prefer we have an official opening ceremony in the summer with a prestigious pre season game. Until then it's all about the football and making the ground our new home
I suspect both the club and the police would rather have the first game have a decent amount of time for fans to arrive and find their way around, rather than a mad after work dash in the dark with possible snow, rain, wind etc. After all the delays a match starting with people still queuing outside would be a PR disaster.

Back
Top Bottom