New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wasn't it a minimum of 2 games a season? With no specific NFL team?
An 8 game groundshare would put a whole new perspective on things, surely.

I always under the impression an NFL team would be situated at our ground.

Not that it particularly bothers me. If it means more money, sweet.

I always under the impression an NFL team would be situated at our ground.

Not that it particularly bothers me. If it means more money, sweet.
I always suspected that would be the case. And was ridiculed and shot down when I suggested it.

If it's a groundshare, how far does that escalate? Who's the predominant partner in, say the 2024/25 season? Do we eventuality become tennants if a permanent NFL franchise is the main marketing / financial driving force?

I've always said long term financial gain is the main motivator for Levy and ENIC
I've always hoped to be proved wrong.
We'll have to wait and see how things develop

I always suspected that would be the case. And was ridiculed and shot down when I suggested it.

If it's a groundshare, how far does that escalate? Who's the predominant partner in, say the 2024/25 season? Do we eventuality become tennants if a permanent NFL franchise is the main marketing / financial driving force?

I've always said long term financial gain is the main motivator for Levy and ENIC
I've always hoped to be proved wrong.
We'll have to wait and see how things develop

Raiders don't have a home. They're re-locating to Vegas so I imagine they'll play their games at the new Spurs stadium for the 2019 NFL season before they move to Vegas.

I imagine they'll see how successful that is. If it works, perhaps a London franchise. But we won't know until 2020, I assume.

Raiders don't have a home. They're re-locating to Vegas so I imagine they'll play their games at the new Spurs stadium for the 2019 NFL season before they move to Vegas.

I imagine they'll see how successful that is. If it works, perhaps a London franchise. But we won't know until 2020, I assume.
Yes. But its a taster for a long term franchise.
Should the groundshare prove succesful, commercially and financially, it's only a matter of time till a long term deal takes place with someone else.

I would be surprised if the NFL ever relocates a franchise to London permanently. There are just too many hurdles and, frankly, too little upside.

But having said that, even among sports owners, Roger Goodell and the prominent inner circle of owners are amazingly arrogant and stupid, so I wouldn't put anything past them.

And as a Spurs fan I will happily accept their dirty money. I think it's more likely that they lose interest and the fake pitch becomes a white elephant bit of trivia, but we'll see.

Should the groundshare prove succesful, commercially and financially, it's only a matter of time till a long term deal takes place with someone else.

I imagine it'll be the London/Tottenham franchise that we've all heard about for about 5 years now.

Again though, none of this is actual news.

I would be amazed if the NFL had a permanent franchise based in London. (Not including the Raiders for a one off year)

I would be surprised if the NFL ever relocates a franchise to London permanently. There are just too many hurdles and, frankly, too little upside.

But having said that, even among sports owners, Roger Goodell and the prominent inner circle of owners are amazingly arrogant and stupid, so I wouldn't put anything past them.

And as a Spurs fan I will happily accept their dirty money. I think it's more likely that they lose interest and the fake pitch becomes a white elephant bit of trivia, but we'll see.
Only bit that I disagree with is the last. The artificial surface could be a godsend for event hosting.

No problem for me.
Whichever NFL team has a franchise there, they always only be OUR tennants, unless of course they buy NWHL. Which is never going to happen.

Only bit that I disagree with is the last. The artificial surface could be a godsend for event hosting.

Like concerts and whatnot? Is it really needed for that? Does that give us more flexibility to, say, schedule things a day apart from a Spurs home game or something?

I don't really know the answers to things like that. Maybe you're right. Seems to me that regular grass pitch stadia do alright hosting other things.

Seriously though, can you ever see a situation where Spurs will sell there prize asset, wiping millions of the share price at a stroke ?
I can see a situation where a single UK nfl franchise at NWHL becomes more marketable and profitable than the resident soccer team. And what nobody can dispute is that ENIC is ......an investment company that will always put long term financial gain ahead of short term dividends.
Of course the new stadium currently has to dare is to do and the game is about glory festooned around the place.
But if you add 2 + 2 together, and the above comes to fruition ...?.

Questions have to be asked

I can see a situation where a single UK nfl franchise at NWHL becomes more marketable and profitable than the resident soccer team. And what nobody can dispute is ENIC is ......an investment company that will always put long term financial gain ahead of short term dividends.
Of course the new stadium currently has to dare is to do and the game is about glory festooned around the place.
But if you add 2 + 2 together, and the above comes to fruition ...?.

Questions have to be asked
Ah! So we're back to assumptions.......Where's Neve?

Back
Top Bottom