Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Please stop shitting all over this thread You're not as funny or interesting or even offensive as you seem to think you are.
How much 'I seem to think I am', it's an interesting phrase but all it means is that you've judged me to have a high level of intelligence and wit but then enacted some penalty points for your disapproval. It is currently you that is derailing the thread, so kindly stop and allow people to discuss Son.

Is it blasphemous to say that on top form.... Sonny might be out singularly most dangerous and talented attacking player? I am not saying over all best player because there is so much more to football than just running at defenders and scoring goals. But when all else fails, and you just need someone to pull off some magic, I honestly think Son might be the most talented offensive player we have when in top form.

Is it blasphemous to say that on top form.... Sonny might be out singularly most dangerous and talented attacking player? I am not saying over all best player because there is so much more to football than just running at defenders and scoring goals. But when all else fails, and you just need someone to pull off some magic, I honestly think Son might be the most talented offensive player we have when in top form.

Still gets nervy when he has too much time in a 1-on-1.

I can't see past Harry(*), but Sonny's a lethal little bugger...

(*Harry's one hell of a complete player... I know the obv call is "pace?", but he's deceptively fast over a short-medium distance thanks to his long stride helping acceleration. Even with less-attacking contribution aside; the heading ability, the physicality, poaching ability, a variety of long-range technique, the hold-up play, FKs (he HAS nailed some!); not to mention the consistency...)

Yes and no. I do think his finishing when in form is deadly as hell and his pace makes him our biggest threat on the counter, but for me his passing ability/vision is far far below that of Kane.

Something has clicked recently where we can beat the offside trap with lobs and through balls leaving the opposition last defender stranded. Its unplayable, and the passing and finishing is being done by all the forwards interchangeably. Sons pace makes him the best target for this in terms of scoring goals - I can see him easily beating Kane this season.

Yes and no. I do think his finishing when in form is deadly as hell and his pace makes him our biggest threat on the counter, but for me his passing ability/vision is far far below that of Kane.
I badly wish Son had a through ball in him.

He's get in brilliant positions all the time for himself but at times when he could potentially put a player through, he struggles to find them and/or make the pass. If he was able to work on that a bit, oh my, we'd a top-top player on our hands.

Something has clicked recently where we can beat the offside trap with lobs and through balls leaving the opposition last defender stranded. Its unplayable, and the passing and finishing is being done by all the forwards interchangeably. Sons pace makes him the best target for this in terms of scoring goals - I can see him easily beating Kane this season.

Given the fact that Kane is already some way ahead of him in goals scored this season, and the fact that Son will be our for at least a couple of weeks.. I can't see that happening. Next season will be great for our players though, as they will be settled into a new stadium by then and also have no International competitions getting in the way. I have a really good feeling about next season for us : )

That something clicked is Kanes willingness to pass. After spending a few seasons of him achieving league goal leader and all I think he has grown to the next level where he would still like the accolades very much but he would not mind trading it with the team league title.

you've judged me to have a high level of intelligence and wit
Finally, I've spent a lot of time in Korea and spoken to hundreds about Park Ji-Sung, the vast majority said he was a piece of shit.
Someone who thinks only the people they spoke to is "Vast Majority" cannot have any level of intelligence.

It is currently you that is derailing the thread, so kindly stop and allow people to discuss Son.
No, it clearly is you.

I thought he had a really good first half yesterday and faded a tad in the second, but still managed to add his second goal.
My concern is that when he comes back from the Asian Games, he may take a while to settle back into the side,especially since he has been on such excellent form.
PS - would the people who have hijacked this thread with political nonsense, please go and argue somewhere else. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom