Champions League 2018-19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Im a bit worried of their young fearless full of flair kind of attack that dismantle Atletico in the group stage.
But certainly doesnt feels like far fetched at all. COYS

The BBC article on the kick-off changes says "All the knockout ties will kick-off at 20:00 BST/GMT", so we're probably OK

I just cant understand why they would would have it at the same time as ajax vs real though - surely the whole point was to ensure maximised tv audiences so they would split the KO times. Really hope it's a 20:00 BST though but I cant see it.

Hoping their lack of experience will help here, very young team. Also If they’re still leading the bundsliga that will benefit us massively!!

I saw a long time ago Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich. The Borussia has a brilliant game, verticalizations like the game of Klopp but I think it is a team within reach of Tottenham.

Tottenham 51%
Borussia 49%

I'm not scared of Dortmund. Sancho ain't all that (yet) and we have better attacking players.

In a normal year Bayern would be cruising but because they're shite Dortmund are taking advantage.

They will be two tough games but if we play to our best we should win.

I'm not scared of Dortmund. Sancho ain't all that (yet) and we have better attacking players.

In a normal year Bayern would be cruising but because they're shite Dortmund are taking advantage.

They will be two tough games but if we play to our best we should win.

It's a while before we play them and on that basis it is nigh on impossible to predict.

I think the important thing is to have a lead before we go to their place, stating of course the obvious.

I think Dortmund are probably the best team I've watched this season when I take into consideration opponents faced, transition from defence to attack, style of football and the talent they have.

Regardless of what you think of the Bundesliga, being unbeaten at this stage in ANY of the big 4 leagues is an incredible achievement. Smashing a relatively solid Atletico Madrid team 4-0 is not to be sniffed at (Though Atletico beating them 2-0, which is their only loss this season, shows they are beatable).

It will be a great game though. For me, this is the tie of the round and not a single game comes close to it in terms of excitement, football, young talent involved and hunger of both sides to succeed and break that barrier.

I think overall we have the better squad but as we know the better squad means sweet fuck all when it comes to knockout football and ALOT can change in 2 months. Remember when we smashed Madrid, only for them to regain form a few months later, beat all comers and win the thing? It can happen.

I am excited by this draw. We want to beat the best and Dortmund have proved this season they are up there.

I think Dortmund are probably the best team I've watched this season when I take into consideration opponents faced, transition from defence to attack, style of football and the talent they have.

Regardless of what you think of the Bundesliga, being unbeaten at this stage in ANY of the big 4 leagues is an incredible achievement. Smashing a relatively solid Atletico Madrid team 4-0 is not to be sniffed at (Though Atletico beating them 2-0, which is their only loss this season, shows they are beatable).

It will be a great game though. For me, this is the tie of the round and not a single game comes close to it in terms of excitement, football, young talent involved and hunger of both sides to succeed and break that barrier.

I think overall we have the better squad but as we know the better squad means sweet fuck all when it comes to knockout football and ALOT can change in 2 months. Remember when we smashed Madrid, only for them to regain form a few months later, beat all comers and win the thing? It can happen.

I am excited by this draw. We want to beat the best and Dortmund have proved this season they are up there.

A lot can change in 2.5 months, nothing to suggest that we may also be in our groove come Feb. Just exciting to go into the knock outs with the potential for it to be at the new stadium as well. The CL music in our home, first time since 2011!

Back
Top Bottom