Champions League 2018-19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They're having an excellent season but realistically apart from Witsel is there anyone in their starting lineup that would get into ours? We should respect them no doubt, but certainly not fear them.

Dortmund is one of the last draws I wanted. They are having one of their peak seasons, right before they get taken apart by big money in the summer, and since we beat them well last season I worry that some of ours might be slightly more complacent against them than say Juve or PSG or someone like that. It will be an exciting open couple of games for the neutral to watch but we will be under immense pressure from their fast attacking players. It will be quite a task to get to the next stage.

Juve Atletico is very interesting! Would love Atlético to knock them out and Ajax to knock out real!! How lovely would this final 8 be..... (if unlikely)

Tottenham
Paris
City
Bayern
Lyon
Ajax
Atletico
Porto

FFS. I didn't even think to check different flights leaving the UK than London.... Was so hooked up on the different options in Germany!

I've ended up getting Eurostar to Brussels and then train to Cologne (£66), then however to Dortmund. And then flight back from Cologne the next day at 7pm for £70. Doh!!!!! Wish I'd checked this forum instead of getting stressed out on the booking sites.

They're having an excellent season but realistically apart from Witsel is there anyone in their starting lineup that would get into ours? We should respect them no doubt, but certainly not fear them.
Who cares about individuals, it’s a team game. And they have a very good manager in Favre (someone I personally admire since he was the Gladbach manager). It will be tough, it’s a 50-50 atm imo.

FFS. I didn't even think to check different flights leaving the UK than London.... Was so hooked up on the different options in Germany!

I've ended up getting Eurostar to Brussels and then train to Cologne (£66), then however to Dortmund. And then flight back from Cologne the next day at 7pm for £70. Doh!!!!! Wish I'd checked this forum instead of getting stressed out on the booking sites.

As a seasoned euro traveller with both spurs and England I actually had a spreadsheet drafted up and open with all potential opponents with various flights leaving on all four potential away dates. A little over the top but it meant I wasn't running around like a blue arse fly trying to sort out the easiest and cheapest route!

What's the Dortmund fans saying about the draw?

Going by their forum it looks like they see it as a way to make up for last seasons poor results against us and that'll motivate them. They don't think we're the hardest team to beat but they acknowledge it also won't be the easiest game.

They're absolutely terrified of Son though.

Going by their forum it looks like they see it as a way to make up for last seasons poor results against us and that'll motivate them. They don't think we're the hardest team to beat but they acknowledge it also won't be the easiest game.

They're absolutely terrified of Son though.

:sonpoint:

As a seasoned euro traveller with both spurs and England I actually had a spreadsheet drafted up and open with all potential opponents with various flights leaving on all four potential away dates. A little over the top but it meant I wasn't running around like a blue arse fly trying to sort out the easiest and cheapest route!

Nice. Newbie here... I presumed people did that, bit like getting Glastonbury tickets I guess! Experience pays off :)

Back
Top Bottom