Champions League 2018-19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Probably the most in form midfielder in Europe alongside our very own Moose (so an interesting match within the match). He's benn dominating the midfield for them in the league.
Really? Honestly never seen him have a good one...oh well...live and learn.. appreciate the info. Cheers.

What's the Dortmund fans saying about the draw?
"At the moment I would actually be sure that Dortmund would prevail in two games against the Spurs.

Although the Spurs have scored a lot in the PL this season (Spurs' best start of the season ever, or at least for a very long time), the Spurs game was not that playful this season. Also in the CL one could not show the playful class, which one knows of them normally and could therefore only just qualify for the round of 16. Playfully, the Spurs were much stronger in the last season. The fact that the English teams continue to play through our winter break will not support Tottenham's starting point either.

Dortmund, however, shows this season a handsome football and reward themselves for this. But you have to admit that in one or the other game you had luck on your own side. It remains to be noted that Dortmund is now more playful to assess. However, the individual class of Spurs players must never be underestimated (Kane, Eriksen, etc.).
Basically, I go from a tight and tight game, but still see advantages on the side of BVB."

-----------------

"Incidentally, I think that BVB has caught Tottenham clearly the second hardest lot, which I have expected anyway with the traditional Lospech.
Tottenham is clearly stronger than other English clubs like Woolwich, Manu, Chelsea. Last season, they were group winners in the group with us and Real Madrid with 16 points, and then they were pretty much unnecessarily kicked out against Juventus where they were better.
This season, they had some injury problems in the group stage and have therefore made some effort.
Each season, they close the Premier League in the top three.

That's a very strong team, even if the name Tottenham still does not sound so good."

"At the moment I would actually be sure that Dortmund would prevail in two games against the Spurs.

Although the Spurs have scored a lot in the PL this season (Spurs' best start of the season ever, or at least for a very long time), the Spurs game was not that playful this season. Also in the CL one could not show the playful class, which one knows of them normally and could therefore only just qualify for the round of 16. Playfully, the Spurs were much stronger in the last season. The fact that the English teams continue to play through our winter break will not support Tottenham's starting point either.

Dortmund, however, shows this season a handsome football and reward themselves for this. But you have to admit that in one or the other game you had luck on your own side. It remains to be noted that Dortmund is now more playful to assess. However, the individual class of Spurs players must never be underestimated (Kane, Eriksen, etc.).
Basically, I go from a tight and tight game, but still see advantages on the side of BVB."

-----------------

"Incidentally, I think that BVB has caught Tottenham clearly the second hardest lot, which I have expected anyway with the traditional Lospech.
Tottenham is clearly stronger than other English clubs like Woolwich, Manu, Chelsea. Last season, they were group winners in the group with us and Real Madrid with 16 points, and then they were pretty much unnecessarily kicked out against Juventus where they were better.
This season, they had some injury problems in the group stage and have therefore made some effort.

That's a very strong team, even if the name Tottenham still does not sound so good."
Good write up. He's not wrong.

Erwahne nicht den krieg
tenor.gif

-----------------

We're going to stuff them, just you wait and see.

Fucking Dortmund?! Sounds exotic!

:dembelefingers:

City got the easiest group and pretty much the easiest last 16 draw? I wonder if a few brown envelopes have been passed around.....
They haven't actually had that much luck, it's just that they've been seeded when in both cases the other English clubs haven't. Their group stage draw was actually fairly tough for a Pot 1 side, and while Schalke are nothing special the other options were Roma, Ajax or Atletico Madrid, so only one possibility out of four which would worry them at all.

They haven't actually had that much luck, it's just that they've been seeded when in both cases the other English clubs haven't. Their group stage draw was actually fairly tough for a Pot 1 side, and while Schalke are nothing special the other options were Roma, Ajax or Atletico Madrid, so only one possibility out of four which would worry them at all.
Yeah fair point. I'm just bitter. Generally.

I don’t know if this has been talked about but the Daily Mail says that Utd and Pool have a better chance of winning their ties than we do. Are you fucking kidding me?

Back
Top Bottom