New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think that is for sure...this was posted an hour ago.
United delay Spurs tickets due to venue doubts

All that is saying is that Spurs have not confirmed the venue.

I'd guess that Spurs will confirm the venue later this week to everyone (having agreed the dates for ManU match and 2 test events with Council, Police, TFL and others, so its a time consuming process) giving ManU a good 3 weeks notice which is more than enough

If the draw for the group stage is anything to go by, we'll have to confirm where we intend to play our knockout stage games prior to the draw being made. The draw takes place on Monday morning...

Having played all their group games at Wembley, Spurs are in talks with Uefa over their home venue for the last-16 with the club still to announce when they will move into their new stadium.

And Uefa have confirmed that a decision over where Tottenham will play the remainder of their Champions League campaign will be taken before February.

A Uefa statement said: “Uefa is in close contact with Tottenham Hotspur FC regarding this matter. A decision will be taken in due course and in any case before February 2019.”

Having played all their group games at Wembley, Spurs are in talks with Uefa over their home venue for the last-16 with the club still to announce when they will move into their new stadium.

And Uefa have confirmed that a decision over where Tottenham will play the remainder of their Champions League campaign will be taken before February.

A Uefa statement said: “Uefa is in close contact with Tottenham Hotspur FC regarding this matter. A decision will be taken in due course and in any case before February 2019.”
That's really positive news. Glad we don't have to commit for a while

KxQhC3xh.jpg

That view,,,,

An occasional poster on SSC claims his daughter has told him that she has been booked to be working (sounds like for maybe a catering outlet) at NWHL on Sunday and 13th and 30th January (ManU and Watford matches).

Could be true - but equally bookings for temporary staff can also be cancelled at short notice, but thought I'd share anyway even if not definitive

So either:

- A league cup semi final fixture
- An FA Cup 4th round home tie
- Watford at home on 30th January

Will host the first game, I reckon.

pretty sure there is precedence for this.

Next update 7th Jan

'We shall receive a status report from our contractors in the week commencing 7 January 2019 and will update you thereafter

What I don’t want to do is set any firm dates until we have finally achieved a safety certificate. So many people tell me to look at other major schemes that run late and, whilst I know it happens often, we are still hugely frustrated
.'

If I take the statement as being the next update is w/c 7 January and we need to arrange to have 2 test events, probably a week apart and giving say 2 weeks for fans to apply to attend as one of the 25k/50k attending, that takes us through most of January, meaning a first match (at best) in February.

Nothing anyone can do...but 'ouch' !

Back
Top Bottom