New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is what I call war of words.

And I am out of it as usual.

PS. Change of subject. There are plenty of tickets for Burnley match, just bought one. Apparently free pints and chips from the club, don't quote me.
i got one too
I would rather i hadny been able to get one (ie we were at the new ground), but it does give me an excuse to go to fatburger

no idea. its behind a paywall
Tottenham Hotspur are facing a further delay to the opening of their new stadium due to difficulties staging test events over the Christmas period.

The club must hold several different events in order to gain a safety certificate, and are preparing to welcome 6,000 fans selected by a ballot for a tour of the ground this Sunday, but are struggling to fit in the larger events in time to meet their preferred opening date of the Premier League game against Manchester United on January 13.

Tottenham had provisionally scheduled test events for successive Sundays on December 30 and January 6, but the first date in particular is proving problematic due to a shortage of staff and police resources in the build-up to the new year.

Metropolitan Police manpower is already stretched by the London derby between Crystal Palace and Chelsea taking place that day and it is understood that Tottenham have altered their plans. The Times has seen photographs from the club’s operations room at the new stadium, including a seven-week daily planner detailing the work that needs to be done by various contractors starting on November 26 and leading to the proposed opening date of January 13, but that is now being revised.

Tottenham are making good progress after numerous setbacks, but the inability to open against United could set them back by almost a month due to a quirk of the fixture list. The club’s next Premier League home game is not until the visit of Watford on January 30, which being a Wednesday night on the eve of transfer deadline day is hardly the ideal date for such an occasion, so the opening could be put back further until the Newcastle game on the following Saturday, February 2.

Tottenham have not publicly confirmed their plans for home matches beyond the Wolves game at Wembley on December 29, and are expected to issue an update later this week after the Barcelona game. Being drawn away to Tranmere or Southport in the FA Cup third round has helped them, although a home fourth-round tie on the weekend of January 26 and 27 could present them with another dilemma.

The Armed Forces.
Does a lot of shows and a lot of charity work for them.
gallery_showbiz_clive_dunn_7.jpg
?

Tottenham Hotspur are facing a further delay to the opening of their new stadium due to difficulties staging test events over the Christmas period.

The club must hold several different events in order to gain a safety certificate, and are preparing to welcome 6,000 fans selected by a ballot for a tour of the ground this Sunday, but are struggling to fit in the larger events in time to meet their preferred opening date of the Premier League game against Manchester United on January 13.

Tottenham had provisionally scheduled test events for successive Sundays on December 30 and January 6, but the first date in particular is proving problematic due to a shortage of staff and police resources in the build-up to the new year.

Metropolitan Police manpower is already stretched by the London derby between Crystal Palace and Chelsea taking place that day and it is understood that Tottenham have altered their plans. The Times has seen photographs from the club’s operations room at the new stadium, including a seven-week daily planner detailing the work that needs to be done by various contractors starting on November 26 and leading to the proposed opening date of January 13, but that is now being revised.

Tottenham are making good progress after numerous setbacks, but the inability to open against United could set them back by almost a month due to a quirk of the fixture list. The club’s next Premier League home game is not until the visit of Watford on January 30, which being a Wednesday night on the eve of transfer deadline day is hardly the ideal date for such an occasion, so the opening could be put back further until the Newcastle game on the following Saturday, February 2.

Tottenham have not publicly confirmed their plans for home matches beyond the Wolves game at Wembley on December 29, and are expected to issue an update later this week after the Barcelona game. Being drawn away to Tranmere or Southport in the FA Cup third round has helped them, although a home fourth-round tie on the weekend of January 26 and 27 could present them with another dilemma.

I read this as Levy telling everyone gently that they are going to have to pay (properly, not £1) for the other events to happen over xmas - fans will probably complain but still do it to get home.

I read this as Levy telling everyone gently that they are going to have to pay (properly, not £1) for the other events to happen over xmas - fans will probably complain but still do it to get home.
If I remember correctly (probably not). The first proposed test events were an under 18's match for a £5 and a legends match at a £10 all proceeds were to go to charity.

As the story says itself it's pure speculation based on a photo of some post-it notes .... can't repeat this often enough, the entire process of certification is run by the Local Council and Sports Grounds Safety Authority (SGSA) in conjunction with the club, only as each series of tests is passed can the next set be confirmed .... the club cannot in good conscience give advanced dates until the first event has concluded successfully .... look how that worked out last time ....

All the necessary support from the emergency services and the council are already in place .... fingers crossed for this weekend ....

Not doubting you, but how do you know this, any links ?

Spurs made all the arrangements for the original events, these included policing, fire response, ambulance, road closures, bus diversions ... and a million more things ....

Those plans are all still valid, and indeed the Council agreed a shortened 'advance notice' period for the test events this time around ... it was originally two weeks (planning) plus two weeks (notices) ... that's now just 10 working days which is the minimum legal requirement for enforcement notices ...

There were details from a council meeting back in September (was posted on SSC I think) not sure how you find them now ...

It's like any event that's been fully planned then postponed, 90% of the original plan still works it's just dates that need to be confirmed ....

A lot of event planning is theoretical anyway - if 500 extra police were needed where would they come from? - if 20 fire engines? 10 ambulances? tow trucks? etc. etc. ... they won't actually all turn up on the day (although no doubt some will) but the fact that they would be available if required will be tested ...

Spurs made all the arrangements for the original events, these included policing, fire response, ambulance, road closures, bus diversions ... and a million more things ....

Those plans are all still valid, and indeed the Council agreed a shortened 'advance notice' period for the test events this time around ... it was originally two weeks (planning) plus two weeks (notices) ... that's now just 10 working days which is the minimum legal requirement for enforcement notices ...

There were details from a council meeting back in September (was posted on SSC I think) not sure how you find them now ...

It's like any event that's been fully planned then postponed, 90% of the original plan still works it's just dates that need to be confirmed ....

A lot of event planning is theoretical anyway - if 500 extra police were needed where would they come from? - if 20 fire engines? 10 ambulances? tow trucks? etc. etc. ... they won't actually all turn up on the day (although no doubt some will) but the fact that they would be available if required will be tested ...
Ah.. I was just wondering due to the article that was posted saying the policing issue would be a problem because of the Palace match on the same day.

image.php

Cladding on the west and south side now all but complete, just 'tidying up' to be done - and that means that all the north, west and south stands basically completely clad.

A team has now re-started work on the south east of the stand which has advanced noticeably since yesterday and is likely to be complete before the weekend at the current rate.

Meanwhile more of the main framework which will hold the cladding has gone in on the east stand which is now maybe 90% complete.

So by the start of next week, if not before the work on the east side cladding will probably escalate as I expect the teams currently working on south and west side all moving to the east side. My guess is the east side cladding will then be completed within a month. Touch wood of course

Ah.. I was just wondering due to the article that was posted saying the policing issue would be a problem because of the Palace match on the same day.

I'd be surprised if one football match in London sucked up all the police resources, given that they are used to dealing with several matches on the same day.

A first test event for say 25,000-30,000 and a second test event for say 50,000 where they are all from one club does not require as many as where its an actual match with rival fans. Granted the police will want some police on the ground and no doubt more 'on call' in case of some emergency, but its not huge numbers of police.

Really not convinced the article stacks up. But we will see

Back
Top Bottom