Tottenham Hotspur v. Southampton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Delighted with that. Great stream from Dr Rocktopus Dr Rocktopus
Didn’t buffer/freeze once in the whole match.
Winks had a fine game for me.

Cheers. Yeah it was a joy to watch. Even had half-time and post-match goals from the other games.

Thanks to OnlineAlias OnlineAlias for posting the link to the site where I eventually found it. Always happy to do my bit helping fellow Yids to watch us play. I don’t think there were many good ones about, so got a bit lucky with that one.

As for the game, that was the perfect tonic. Moura needed a goal, and Son has a habit of scoring in batches, so that was encouraging. SCBC’s goal was offside, but to be fair they probably deserved one (even if Lloris put in a legendary performance).

Up to third. United and Woolwich drop 2 points, and Chelsea drop 3. A good evening.

I think the instructions at half time were get this wrapped up and make sure you’re fit for Saturday.

Messy at times in the last 20 but definitely had one eye on the tougher game on Saturday.

Seems an uninspiring 3 points but it will look great backed up with another win at Leicester.

Up the spurs

That was a stroll in the park, didn't get out of 2nd gear (we had 11 shots to their 3) then about 60mins we just slipped into gear into neutral and then give up 15 shots to 2 in the last 35 minutes!! Not too good to see but given the games coming up perhaps that's great game management to save some legs. 3pts Chavs and scum dropping points, plus them and Liverpool picking up some injuries on the night (looks like Tripps was holding his groin which isn't good considering he's been out a month with that injury) up to 3rd and with a good run of winnable games to come. Take it.

Last edited:
you do know that they have to make them go in the goal - right?

otherwise they're not called goals.

they are called "misses"

In fairness, he said ‘should’ve had’. As in ‘given the good opportunities they created, they really should have scored more’.

No different to a lot of us saying that we should have beaten Chelsea by a much bigger margin.

It was as convincing as fuck, you old tart.
So, a fleshlight and a pegging party for you huh, five? You really are a lascivious bastard. I won't let you shout me down you onanistic twat...not convinced. So suck it.

Hugo did. Defense and midfield were shite. Possibly one of the worst 3-1 wins but not complaining. Leapfrogged chavs and arse , previous match already forgotten.
Really? I thought we were fine. Winks ran midfield, we could have had more. I really enjoyed it, but a bottle of 2014 red may have smoothed over the cracks

At WHL that would have been a lovely evening out, and would have felt less sterile and functional. Don't underestimate the Wembley factor.

We're 3rd going in towards Christmas. I'd take that any year.

Hahaha... Leap-frogging the Goons & The Chavs in one hit.... Glorious!

Pretty shabby for the last 20, but fuck it.... 3 goals, 3 points.... And the SPURS go marching on. :allitongue:

Just gutted Hugo didn't get the clean-sheet he thoroughly deserved (Epic performance!).

Nice to bounceback with a win. Didnt doubt us. But wow we gave them so many chances. They hit the bar three times. Still, it is what it is COYS

The performance was meh, but that was all that was needed. We expended very little energy which sets us up well for forthcoming fixtures.

Don't dwell on the performance. All that mattered was the result and getting back above our rivals.

Gutted for Hugo not to get his clean sheet.

Our goal difference hasn't been bit of an issue over the last few seasons but we could probably do with getting it up with our rivals.

We could draw on Saturday and be down to 5th on goal difference.
After the third goal, I felt like today could be a good stat-padder.

But then again, perhaps the start of December isn't the best time to strain those hamstrings.

Oh well.

Just the 3 points tonight for us.

Unlike Chelsea and Woolwich who BOTH dropped points.

That'll do.

Yep, Chelsea are no surprise.

Hazard was pretty much carrying them but he has now gone off the boil somewhat.

Woolwich are somehow staying ahead of the curve somewhat but I am not convinced.

In saying that Kolasinic and Aubameyang are proper quality.

That was one of the oddest games of football I have attended I think.

Even they away supporters couldn't be arsed.

There were two old fellas in replica shirts who were trying to give it large but I couldn't be bothered to respond I was laughing at them too much.

I've had harder shits.

Thought Tripps had a really good game tonight, dropped off a bit before he came off, but good performance.
Had a hand in 2 of the goals.

Great pressing for the 3rd.

Absolutely wasteful with almost every single cross. Think it was 1 successful cross out of 8. I mean, it would probably have just been better to pass inside to Eriksen and let him create something.

Back
Top Bottom