Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur 2/12/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Zero nerves and I'm totally sober.
0Vf0Rjl.jpg

I'm not nervous at all. I've never been more confident before a NLD.

I was very confident before the Chelsea game and the same before Inter Milan (two teams that are better than Woolwich) but there's just that extra doubt in this fixture. A dodgy refereeing decision can change it all from Adebayor's red card in 2012 to Sanchez's excellent tackle last season which both inevitably had an impact on the outcome of the games there.

Having Mike Dean as the referee doesn't help. They haven't lost in near on 4 years with him reffing the game and in the last 3 NLD's he's officiated, they've won. It seems that ever since social media has done it's best to link Mike Dean to us in some way he goes out of his way to NOT give us decisions or give decisions elsewhere. Wolves' first penalty the most recent load of bollocks.

We are better than them. We have a better squad. We have a better manager. We are above them. We have a better defence. We have a better midfield. We have the best striker in the league and absolutely NO ONE is giving Woolwich a chance of a win. That alone worries me.

The team needs to be ready to fight for every 50/50 ball and half-chance out there. I know we have the talent and the form to grind this out. The team will surely know that these twats will want nothing more than to embarrass them, us and the club. That must not be allowed to happen.

If we can get an early goal, I think Dier and Sissoko can combine with the back-four to shut down their attack and fatally punch back on the counter. I'll be worried though if we open up unfocused and go down a goal early. If we have to chase the game, their pace on the wings and up front could be dangerous to a defense stretched out and caught in transition.

I genuinely think we can do this though and that the team will come through! COYSSSSS!

I was very confident before the Chelsea game and the same before Inter Milan (two teams that are better than Woolwich) but there's just that extra doubt in this fixture. A dodgy refereeing decision can change it all from Adebayor's red card in 2012 to Sanchez's excellent tackle last season which both inevitably had an impact on the outcome of the games there.

Having Mike Dean as the referee doesn't help. They haven't lost in near on 4 years with him reffing the game and in the last 3 NLD's he's officiated, they've won. It seems that ever since social media has done it's best to link Mike Dean to us in some way he goes out of his way to NOT give us decisions or give decisions elsewhere. Wolves' first penalty the most recent load of bollocks.

We are better than them. We have a better squad. We have a better manager. We are above them. We have a better defence. We have a better midfield. We have the best striker in the league and absolutely NO ONE is giving Woolwich a chance of a win. That alone worries me.
The bookies make them slight favourites. And they don’t stay in business by handing out money.
Having said that, we will fuck them up.

Just hope we play the same as against Chelsea, would take a 1-0 but would love a mauling

Just put a bet on - most bookies favour Woolwich win by 2/3 percent.

Back
Top Bottom