Tottenham versus Inter

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Patience, control, calmness.

We are seeing our team mature, and they are doing so under difficult circumstances. Lovely to watch.

I think we're seeing Poch's Team v2 with a new look midfield a more fluent switching attack and a new look defence.

We may see a new evolution new season.

Because he’s coming back from injury. You’re absolutely clueless. Another master class from Poch tonight in managing our squad. You’ve literally got nothing.

You mean like...

latest

Just caught up on the game as I was unable to watch it live and miraculously have avoided all updates of the game. Bloody brilliant result given we had to shift a few around and get a pretty much fresh Dier, Sonny & Christian going into Sunday.

I said before the game that the only thing that mattered was knowing we get to go to the Nou Camp with something to play for. It's entirely in our hands and it has the makings of the kind of game that could make our boys come of age. From where we were 3 games in, fantastic stuff! What a night we have in store for us boys & girls, so much to look forward to!

Last edited:
Positives from the match, other than the result of course !

1. Eriksen rested after only playing about 20 minutes tonight, so ready for the NLD at the weekend - and we really need his creativity back. (Must admit I had hoped to see him on for the whole 2nd half, but Poch brought him on just in time)

2. Vertonghen looked back to his best - must admit I worried he was being brought back too quickly and only as Suarez was injured and Foyth not eligible to play in this one.

3. A new CM partnership of Winks and Sissoko - with Dier as well we are looking a lot more solid than I had hoped at the start of the season

4. Rose back on the bench means we are close to having rotation options for Davies (who looked decent tonight) - useful if Poch is not going to risk Walker-Peters at as a LB rotation option.

Here's what Eriksen said before today's match.

What Eriksen has said about his fitness ahead of Inter and Woolwich tests

"You try to play every game because you want to but at some point your body will say you need to take a break," said the midfielder during November's international break.

That’s what my body did. Sometimes you need to listen.

I’ve only been playing one game a week to see how I feel. It’s been to see how my body will react."
And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, is the end of that.

We won AND have the tie break. It could not have gone better from a result standpoint.

For the life of me some people just try to be miserable.

Positives from the match, other than the result of course !

1. Eriksen rested after only playing about 20 minutes tonight, so ready for the NLD at the weekend - and we really need his creativity back. (Must admit I had hoped to see him on for the whole 2nd half, but Poch brought him on just in time)

2. Vertonghen looked back to his best - must admit I worried he was being brought back too quickly and only as Suarez was injured and Foyth not eligible to play in this one.

3. A new CM partnership of Winks and Sissoko - with Dier as well we are looking a lot more solid than I had hoped at the start of the season

4. Rose back on the bench means we are close to having rotation options for Davies (who looked decent tonight) - useful if Poch is not going to risk Walker-Peters at as a LB rotation option.

Suarez wouldn't get in our team.

City rotate regularly.

But the likes of De Brunye and Silva play in most of their games and in all of their major ones.

And we don’t have the squad of City - we don’t have a replacements for Kane and Eriksen. Like Liverpool with Salah and Mane or Chelsea with Hazard and Kante they should be starting especially in such games.

If Eriksen was fit enough to play 90 minutes against Wales, then 45 minutes in virtually a friendly against the Irish a few days later then it can easily play more than 20 minutes in one of our most important games of the season. Why did he play the whole 90 minutes against Chelsea if his fitness was in such question?

Of course it is stand out game - if we didn’t win we were out. And not once did I say that we would should play our best starting 11 each game. I was talking about our best players. Kane will play in all of the thosd games so why not Eriksen - he has done so before. Our 2 best players need to be starting the majority of matches and all of the major ones. That happens at all of the major teams but hey you try and pretend sports science says otherwise.
Christ you’re so unbelievably thick. I know you weigh 25 stone and you can’t differentiate between 25 stone and 28 stone when wheezing your way to the letterbox on your sponsored trolley, but athletes have to be managed carefully. I can’t believe you’re so stupid.

Chavs match was more important for the table as they were 1 point up on us. Woolwich next, he'll probably play 90. Poch gambled that we could not play him the full 90 and win. Crazy but true. And it worked, so let's sack him and go hire Ancellotti who's ready to leave Napoli after 4 months.

Plus he's coming back from injury and said publicly he needs rest.

But the likes of De Brunye and Silva play in most of their games and in all of their major ones.

And we don’t have the squad of City - we don’t have a replacements for Kane and Eriksen. Like Liverpool with Salah and Mane or Chelsea with Hazard and Kante they should be starting especially in such games.

If Eriksen was fit enough to play 90 minutes against Wales, then 45 minutes in virtually a friendly against the Irish a few days later then it can easily play more than 20 minutes in one of our most important games of the season. Why did he play the whole 90 minutes against Chelsea if his fitness was in such question?
But we won you thick cunt. Just fuck off, or at least engage you gutless wanker. You’re poison.

Just got back from the game, total contrast to Saturday. Cagey affair, bias ref, time wasting bunch of diving toss pot Italians. I’d love it if we knocked this lot out. Solid mature performance without being outstanding by us.

3 points against Woolwich, what a week it would be. COYS.

Back
Top Bottom