Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only issue being that no such bias exists aside from in the minds of a small group of our supporter base who revel in playing the victim.
I'm sure the media don't wait for the reactions of certain fans to make their feelings known. My wish would be for us to win the league, last game of the season. Just to see the reaction of the cnuts

the scum at the guardian with more tripe urging mauricio to leave because it;s the best timing to do so.
meanwhile during the coverage of the palace arseanal match they call them the kings of london, ozil the greatest smartest player on earth and the writer says he is a big fan. This after two weeks of licking emery's arse through various articles.

According to Andy Goldstein, who has apparently talked to lots of Spurs fans, if Poch was to go these Spurs fans want Eddie Howe as the next manager
:pocheyes:

"Stoke spent £60m and they're in the Championship." You really cannot debate with someone as thick as Carragher.

They had very strong points, though.
And while Carragher didn't articulate it correctly, the point prevails, Stoke, West Brom, Crystal Palace - teams of that level have been spending more; and (prior to Kane's new contract) offering more attractive salaries.
It has to change. I understand we can't compete with Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool - yet, maybe further down the line with the new stadium etc we will - but at the moment, the lack of investment is a disgrace. Most articles I have read; videos I have watched from the media over the last couple of days are correct.
Apart from that scumbag in the guardian this evening who clearly just hates us. Cunt

Great point from Carragher here - if in ten years, when this team is no longer, who is to blame for a lack of trophies? Not the players; not the mangers - Daniel Levy and the board.
NB they will probably, and hopefully, have sold us by then

Great point from Carragher here - if in ten years, when this team is no longer, who is to blame for a lack of trophies? Not the players; not the mangers - Daniel Levy and the board.
NB they will probably, and hopefully, have sold us by then

If we don't win anything with this group of players then Poch is 100% to blame. Its down to HIM. How can it not be? He's managing them. His in game management is shocking and it's usually the reason we fail.

Unless you mean Levy would be to blame for not getting rid of him when it would be clear he couldn't take us any further (like Jol couldn't)

If we don't win anything with this group of players then Poch is 100% to blame. Its down to HIM. How can it not be? He's managing them. His in game management is shocking and it's usually the reason we fail.

Unless you mean Levy would be to blame for not getting rid of him when it would be clear he couldn't take us any further (like Jol couldn't)
What a load of shit

What a load of shit

You know that I don't think Poch has taken us as far as he can, right?

I just thought the blaming of a chairman for the reason as to why a group of very good footballers couldn't win a trophy was laughable.

It could just be... Erm... That there ARE bigger and better clubs than us out there which makes winning a trophy pretty difficult to start off with.

They had very strong points, though.
And while Carragher didn't articulate it correctly, the point prevails, Stoke, West Brom, Crystal Palace - teams of that level have been spending more; and (prior to Kane's new contract) offering more attractive salaries.
It has to change. I understand we can't compete with Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool - yet, maybe further down the line with the new stadium etc we will - but at the moment, the lack of investment is a disgrace. Most articles I have read; videos I have watched from the media over the last couple of days are correct.
Apart from that scumbag in the guardian this evening who clearly just hates us. Cunt

Unless you count the 51m on our training facility, the 900m on our new ground .... you can't run a business in isolation from it's costs, to get to the 'next level' off the pitch has meant we can't go all out on the pitch ...

In case you missed it the club's stated goal when they announced the new stadium was to be 'consistently challenging' for honours by 2020 ... on that basis we're not doing so bad

What’s with the constant reference to Harry Maguire we develop our own Harry’s we don’t buy them. Even MU did want to stump up for Maguire.
And he’s rather bullish about Liverpool ‘at least trying to win the league’ were they not trying for the past few years and falling well short yes they bought a lot but how well only time wil tell. Cheers for the perspective Neville.
One more thing what’s spitty Caragher doing back on our screens anyway

We were interested in buying Maguire from Hull, but he went to Leicester as they promised first team football.

He probably made the right choice tbf, as he's now an England starter.

You know that I don't think Poch has taken us as far as he can, right?

I just thought the blaming of a chairman for the reason as to why a group of very good footballers couldn't win a trophy was laughable.

It could just be... Erm... That there ARE bigger and better clubs than us out there which makes winning a trophy pretty difficult to start off with.

Very good footballers? A bit of a false narrative you're creating there. Let's look at the full picture. When Poch came in we had no heart, lazy shit strikers, and a leaky defence. Kane was a youngster with potential but that's about it, Alli was a league 1 player, Vertonghen was playing like he didn't wanna be here, Rose was a Sunderland level player, Winks was youngster few had heard of, Dier was an unknown, and that's not to mention the likes of Soldado, Ade, Kaboul, Capoue etc.

We had very few good footballers (Eriksen, Dembele, Lloris) and the atmosphere and culture was poisonous. Poch turned that heap of shit around completely and without spending big bucks. He developed youngsters like Kane, Alli, Winks etc, got rid of the deadwood and generally bought cheap players in order to try and improve the team (Toby, Dier etc).

He got us to verge of winning trophies and challenging for major titles and to take the last step, he needed the help of the board. Rightly or wrongly they declined and now we for the next 25 years we will be thinking "what if". We were on the cusp of something great, something that was unthinkable before Poch came in. These types of opportunities don't come regularly for a club like this.

Very good footballers? A bit of a false narrative you're creating there. Let's look at the full picture. When Poch came in we had no heart, lazy shit strikers, and a leaky defence. Kane was a youngster with potential but that's about it, Alli was a league 1 player, Vertonghen was playing like he didn't wanna be here, Rose was a Sunderland level player, Winks was youngster few had heard of, Dier was an unknown, and that's not to mention the likes of Soldado, Ade, Kaboul, Capoue etc.

We had very few good footballers (Eriksen, Dembele, Lloris) and the atmosphere and culture was poisonous. Poch turned that heap of shit around completely and without spending big bucks. He developed youngsters like Kane, Alli, Winks etc, got rid of the deadwood and generally bought cheap players in order to try and improve the team (Toby, Dier etc).

He got us to verge of winning trophies and challenging for major titles and to take the last step, he needed the help of the board. Rightly or wrongly they declined and now we for the next 25 years we will be thinking "what if". We were on the cusp of something great, something that was unthinkable before Poch came in. These types of opportunities don't come regularly for a club like this.

A false narrative that Poch is in charge of very good players?

I certainly won't be looking back at these days in 25 years, that's for sure. And if I do? So what. I don't support Tottenham for the glitz and glamour of trophies, nor do I care if we don't win any. I'd have grown up a United fan otherwise.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom