Tottenham v Man.City 29/10/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Groundhog Day. Poch's obvious area of blindness, how not to set up against City (or Liverpool).

With the fastest oppo in the league, let's put Trippier in a back 4;
With the best oppo at playing out of defence and creating space in MF and attack, let's make sure we concede early. That way we have to press their keeper and back 4, who are more skillful than ours, which leaves masses of space in the MF for them to carve through at will;
Let's not bother with a back 3/5, even though it makes us defensively much tighter.

Last season even Woy managed to set up against Citeh and be level in the 90th. And even had a (missed) pen to win it. Even Spam managed to go to City and only lost at the death. Even Saints - and that was the last kick of the game.

City aren't unbeatable. They're the best team in the division, but the same old DNA is there still - the ability to miss a shedload of chances and then gift you some too.

Really frustrating, we're not learning. Same old mistakes.

Lots of effort but once again individual errors and not being clinical enough in the final third cost us.

Young defenders are always taught not to let a high ball bounce and what does trippier do!!

Dier also needs some time on the bench, constantly over run, slowed our attacks down. Moura needs to cut out the diving, embarrassing to see.

On the plus side, Harry winks did well when he came on and having a fit erik and dele will improve us.

We need to go full tilt on Wednesday and go for it in the league cup, collectively we are not good enough to win the league.

Feels pretty shit this morning. End of October and out of the title race, done for in Europe, No stadium completion in sight, Miserable manager. Cunt of a boardroom and a drunk keeper.

Still only a few months till the FA Cup :allitongue:

We didn't take any of our precious few chances, they took one of their many. On that alone City deserved the 3 points.

We are getting punished every time we make a bad mistake but aren't similarly capitalising on our opponents' errors.

From someone on Twatter last night, don't know who: "Tottenham aren't quite as good as they once almost were". Harsh maybe but true.

I have six 14 hour days coming up so you'll be excused my thoughts on the impact of our New WHL mismanagement on everything, which is probably for the best.

Thank whatever god you want to for Glenn's ongoing recovery. Peace and love

Winks looked so positive when he came on. Really hope he's back to his best, when he really got into his stride last season he was great
Winks and even Sissoko run forward with the ball - something Dier or Dembele hardly ever do - other than pass backwards or sideways.

I swore to myself I wouldn’t go and see us in the prem until we’re back at WHL, after that shitshow against Liverpool. Fucking hate Wembley.

Mine was the Barca game, mainly because some random cunt assaulted me in the crush for the tube

I now have a lovely scar above my lip because the petulant child thought he was more important than the other 50,000 held in the kettle, and to make things worse, he wasn't even at the game, just some classless local pushing through

So I'm done with Wembley now unless my 7yo says he wants to go on Boxing day. Otherwise I can wait until we get home to N17 - tbh, give a shit about missing games in that freezing cold soulless cauldron

Suppose its also a bit easier on me as I lived overseas for 2 years (so had to give my S/T to a friend as I couldn't get home for matches), so this is just a similar soujourn for me...

as for last night - was expecting worse, felt we held our own, and know that if we had at least a fully fit Jan and one of Dele/Eriksen, that game ends differently last night

now lets see how well we can do 3 more games in 9 days.....

Don't know what to say about the match yesterday. It's all what-if's that are floating around in my head. City didn't manage to kill us off, but we didn't manage to punish them. If I see us concede another stupid early goal in the next games I'm going to lose it. It's the simple stuff that needs to be done properly, the chances will then come later in the game when the opposition is trying to force the issue.

Kevin Friend is a cunt. That is all. The booing at half time shows what everyone thought of his performance. Decisions they got versus ones we got were amazing.

Not to mention every single time they kicked the ball away, or blocked the quick free kick - Sterling in particular - with no action against them, and Edersons’ fucking time wasting the entire second half. Bunch of pricks.

Didn't expect anything going into last night, finished the game pissed off we didn't get a point.... Thats something I guess...

Great to see Delbert back.

Don't know what to say about the match yesterday. It's all what-if's that are floating around in my head. City didn't manage to kill us off, but we didn't manage to punish them. If I see us concede another stupid early goal in the next games I'm going to lose it. It's the simple stuff that needs to be done properly, the chances will then come later in the game when the opposition is trying to force the issue.

It was how we used to play against bottom half teams. For some reason we get more complacent against the top teams at the back and don't start firing until it is too late. I think of a team under Jol or Harry and it would have been up for a home match against a top side, because it knew it had to not do stupid shit and hope one of our chances fell for us. From an attitude point of view it would actually be less likely to make a big mistake due to the fear of God of being out-positioned on a header, or skying a sitter.

Im still angry about how shite Trippier was. Aurier needs to be back soon

Agree with you there. But not sure Aurier would have not have been caught too.

I am still angry that somehow having one shot on target in a “home” game is being seen as not too bad and some form of progress. It’s anything but fucking progress. To dare is to what now ?

Mine was the Barca game, mainly because some random cunt assaulted me in the crush for the tube

I now have a lovely scar above my lip because the petulant child thought he was more important than the other 50,000 held in the kettle, and to make things worse, he wasn't even at the game, just some classless local pushing through

So I'm done with Wembley now unless my 7yo says he wants to go on Boxing day. Otherwise I can wait until we get home to N17 - tbh, give a shit about missing games in that freezing cold soulless cauldron

Suppose its also a bit easier on me as I lived overseas for 2 years (so had to give my S/T to a friend as I couldn't get home for matches), so this is just a similar soujourn for me...

as for last night - was expecting worse, felt we held our own, and know that if we had at least a fully fit Jan and one of Dele/Eriksen, that game ends differently last night

now lets see how well we can do 3 more games in 9 days.....

Sorry to hear that Jim.

Like Chuckle I have a hell of a round trip, and like him and Joe and others, I'm getting more and more pissed off w Wembley. I didn't recognise a single ST around me last night, and everyone spoke Spanish. It does feel, like Poch said, that the situation is sucking the life out of then club. But.....

first, I hate the self-important set of fans on here (and everywhere else) who seem to think the club owe them a perfect weekend and complain when it lets them down and makes them 'angry' - well, it doesn't lads, its a football club. Be like Mrs P - support the club & support the lads, or piss off. I'm not joining your clan

second, if Poch stays and Dele, Christian, Toby etc sign new contracts, and we make a big signing in Jan or July then the mood will quickly change

third, the season isn't 'over' - we're battling for top 4 and, most likely, have a few great European nights ahead in the Europa - for the last 50 years that would count or me as a great and exciting season; I know some of you think this is a 'loser mentality', not to me it isn't

last, giving up a half day to support your team through good times and bad, rain and shine, is what I enjoy, its life, without the lows there can be no highs. Would I swap places with those Manc fans singing 'championes' last night? not in a million years - their club was sold and runs on dirty money, mine still exists and is trying to do something different

oh, and before I go and just to show I'm not Mr-self-righteous-bloody-perfect-fan, I still think Sissoko is shit, and running about miskicking the ball doesn't cut it, even if you sometimes do a lot of it, at pace; he's a good lad, and he tries, but he's still the worst player in the squad.

Back
Top Bottom