New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

loadsamoney-e1402846233599.jpg

I had 4 low grade CSE's which meant nothing. I worked in a shop and showed ambition. Got a few promotions and ended up an area manager. This paid well, despite having to accept a lot of pressure. My wife and I lived a meagre existence in order we could pay a small mortgage. Things didn't start to come good until I was well into my forties. Now everyone wants everything from the offset. They aren't prepared to go without a nice car, they wan't their holidays, their £1k iphones, and will have children when they fancy them, rather than when they can afford them. Any young person prepared to take my route will have a good life when they are older, believe me !!
man gets lucky to get on the property ladder just before housing boom - how much was your first house? most of that Wealth is stolen from future generations who wont be able to get on the ladder... even if you were not going in debt you are of a generation where personal debt has shot up to fund the growth.

this is the legacy of "pulled themselves up by the bootstraps"
Millennials may be first to earn less than previous generation - study

man gets lucky to get on the property ladder just before housing boom - how much was your first house? most of that Wealth is stolen from future generations who wont be able to get on the ladder... even if you were not going in debt you are of a generation where personal debt has shot up to fund the growth.

this is the legacy of "pulled themselves up by the bootstraps"
Millennials may be first to earn less than previous generation - study
Wealth stolen from future generations, are you fucking serious?

Has he got a time machine?

Wealth stolen from future generations, are you fucking serious?

Has he got a time machine?
Your house has shot up 500% for no good reason meaning a £75K house will cost your kids £375K - the pull yourself up from the bootstraps generation have royally screwed over those that follow them. If I take out an unaffordable loan I am stealing wealth from the future - no time machine needed.

Wouldn't normally be as abrupt as this but the guys a knob, to get the job from the shop floor to managers position that let him buy his Bentley he would have close to no chance of getting these days without a University degree and even if he did it wouldn't be enough to get close to the standard of living he enjoyed. Not begrudging those who took advantage as I have in some respect but fuck me a bit of self awareness is needed.

Your house has shot up 500% for no good reason meaning a £75K house will cost your kids £375K - the pull yourself up from the bootstraps generation have royally screwed over those that follow them. If I take out an unaffordable loan I am stealing wealth from the future - no time machine needed.

Wouldn't normally be as abrupt as this but the guys a knob, to get the job from the shop floor to managers position that let him buy his Bentley he would have close to no chance of getting these days without a University degree and even if he did it wouldn't be enough to get close to the standard of living he enjoyed. Not begrudging those who took advantage as I have in some respect but fuck me a bit of self awareness is needed.
As someone from that generation being shafted I can confirm. If I wanted to buy the same house my parents bought 27 years ago I would have to pay roughly 4 times what they did for it.

Something my dad seemingly does not understand when he questions why I still rent an apartment.

"you've lived on your own for 9 years now. Why haven't you bought a place yet?"

Last edited:
Get your grandkids to set up android/Apple pay on your phone and I promise you will never look back mate

Haven't got any children let alone grandkids, still have old fashioned flip phone. To me a phone is a phone. Just got used to using an iPad. The only love in life was Spurs, going to every game with me mates and having a good drink. No time for relationships.
Cash for me every time, as I know what I've spent and what's in my account.

Last edited:
Haven't got any children let alone grandkids, still have old fashioned flip phone. To me a phone is a phone. Just got used to using an iPad. The only love in life was Spurs, going to every game with me mates and having a good drink.
Cash for me every time, as I know what I've spent and what's in my account.
give me your cash and i will buy your drinks for you - I charge a very reasonable handling fee.

Back
Top Bottom