New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well I won't be eating or drinking in the stadium then, as I still like buying my beer and food with cash. Pub before and after the game for me.
Fucking fed up with cashless payments.

It's the way forward mate. I am a retired retailer and wish my company was cashless. It may have meant I could of spent more time doing constructive things, and less time sacking staff who were on the nick

yes, but the origin of this ??

Probably guess work.

But I agree with the guesses, subject of course to these pesky 'safety systems' issues being resolved or close to being resolved.

The only significant exterior building work which needs completing (and that to make the stadium more water/weather tight rather than for safety reasons) is the South Stand 'eve' area. The veil/cladding is purely cosmetic but in the next month I'd be surprised if much of it is not complete, whilst the access to the stadium is all but done and whilst we are not privy to the inside of the stadium, most of that seems pretty complete and what is not is purely fitting out and could almost certainly be completed within a month.

So it all probably comes down to ensuring the 'safety systems' work is completed or at least all but complete before the next announcement/update on the stadium.

And given the Chelsea match in late November an announcement/update in the next week (to allow others to organise themselves for the venue) is very likely.....and an announcement on the test events if they are to be held in late November/late December cannot be far away either

image.php

The long awaited re-start to veil/cladding work - 3 new pieces added to the left of the main West entrance and just visible is cladding being added to the south west corner going into south stand.

Its a start, hopefully picking up the pace in the next few days !

Well I won't be eating or drinking in the stadium then, as I still like buying my beer and food with cash. Pub before and after the game for me.
Sorry mate, I don't understand how being cashless is an issue. No wallet full of cash needed, no waiting around to be handed your change in coins that clutter up said wallet or your pocket, quick easy transactions with contactless payments. I can see how it might be an issue with kids (dunno if kids get cards they can make payments with when they have a bank account?) but for fully grown adults, what's the problem?

I can see how it might be cheaper/safer for the club too. No cashing up and banking of money, and no opportunity for staff to stick their hands in the tills.

Sorry mate, I don't understand how being cashless is an issue. No wallet full of cash needed, no waiting around to be handed your change in coins that clutter up said wallet or your pocket, quick easy transactions with contactless payments. I can see how it might be an issue with kids (dunno if kids get cards they can make payments with when they have a bank account?) but for fully grown adults, what's the problem?

I can see how it might be cheaper/safer for the club too. No cashing up and banking of money, and no opportunity for staff to stick their hands in the tills.
If I’m out on a bender, I like to use cash a pseudo way of limiting what I’m spending.

I don’t feel bad if I take out £50 and come back penniless, the trouble starts when I spend the £50 then start using contactless to pay for rounds.:avbfacepalm:

Granted these days I don’t think I could drink £50 worth of booze, but I can see why some would prefer to limit payments to cash.

If I’m out on a bender, I like to use cash a pseudo way of limiting what I’m spending.

I don’t feel bad if I take out £50 and come back penniless, the trouble starts when I spend the £50 then start using contactless to pay for rounds.:avbfacepalm:

Granted these days I don’t think I could drink £50 worth of booze, but I can see why some would prefer to limit payments to cash.
Pretty much my sentiments as well

But it's not the club's fault if people aren't responsible enough to budget their own money properly

Agree. I have been behind people in aqueue who pay for a Mars bar with a debit card. I have seen 3 members of staff at our place trying to rustle up £2 in cash between them to pay for the Grand National sweepstake (these are people on good salaries not low paid staff who might not have the money).

It must be an age thing but I don't get it.

Agree. I have been behind people in aqueue who pay for a Mars bar with a debit card. I have seen 3 members of staff at our place trying to rustle up £2 in cash between them to pay for the Grand National sweepstake (these are people on good salaries not low paid staff who might not have the money).

It must be an age thing but I don't get it.
I just like being able to buget before I leave my house.Also, 2 of my mates (both fairly wealthy) don't use cards...That should be interesting. Just had one tell me(after I passed on the news) "oh well, the Mrs will have get em in the ground then".

Back
Top Bottom