Spurs vs Inter @ Giuseppe Meazza|| Tue 16:55 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After the last couple of games I am not feeling as confident about this as when the draw was made. Hopefully a chance to reset in a different competition? This is the most important game of the group in my view, win this and we are well placed, lose it and it's an up hill battle. I really hope we have sorted ourselves out for this.

It's because Inter, the home side, wear dark shorts and as their top is also dark we are wearing white shirts.
Yeah but we're not wearing white shorts, as we usually do for European ties. I'd hope it's more to do with the white shorts looking gash with the navy gradient on the shirt.

Thought the privilege is always with the home side. Away team has to accommodate, usually, it's all very amicable.

No, pretty sure both teams tell the ref what kit they intend to wear and he says if there's a problem.

Home team takes precedence but they wouldn't be able to stop us wearing white shorts.

The only thing that bugs me about this game is that unlike in the league, these games will count for nothing in the latter stages (should we get there). We crushed a balls hard group last year, only to be rewarded with the toughest possible draw and... you know what happened. Even if we were to win this group, it will count for naught if we can't get through the round after.

The only thing that bugs me about this game is that unlike in the league, these games will count for nothing in the latter stages (should we get there). We crushed a balls hard group last year, only to be rewarded with the toughest possible draw and... you know what happened. Even if we were to win this group, it will count for naught if we can't get through the round after.

That is way of the cup competition though no?

Your chance of winning a cup trophy is massively influenced by the balls coming out he pot. Ultimately a worse team can win a competition by being "lucky" in the draw and then turning up in one game. See Wigan winning the FA cup or Woolwich not playing an away tie for about two years / playing 2 non league sides in a row.

Apparently we can not be considered a "great" side until we win something. And over 5 years you would say that our true colours will come out in the wash. But the randomness factor of 3 out of the 4 trophies on offer mean that a large degree of it is out of our hands.

All i know is that these nights are what it is all about....... win or lose. We show our pedigree.

I know what we are about now, and the fact we are given so much attention proves it.

Tottenham at the Nou Camp, San Siro.......... Woolwich in Azerbaijan.

Thought the privilege is always with the home side. Away team has to accommodate, usually, it's all very amicable.
We'd be much more likely to wear white short against a team who wears navy or black shorts, regardless of what we normally do in Europe. There's no clash with them if we wear white shorts, so the only reason not to do so would be if we've decided that it looked terrible when we wore that kit in the Champions Cup in the summer

Apparently we can not be considered a "great" side until we win something. And over 5 years you would say that our true colours will come out in the wash. But the randomness factor of 3 out of the 4 trophies on offer mean that a large degree of it is out of our hands.

Tbh we shouldn't kid ourselves. The only way for this team to be a truly great side is to win the League or Champions league. If all this team does is win the FA/league cup, the way we look back on it will be almost the same way we look at them now.

The only reason to win the FA/ League cup is to say we've won something and shut the media up for 5 seconds until they start then going on about how long it's been since we won the league (because that's the way they work. This is why you shouldn't engage with them.).

I’ve managed to get myself admitted to hospital. In a ward with terrible 4g’s and no Wi-fi! got no way of watching the game. What a ding bat.

Wish we'd stop playing 2 at the top and go 4-3-3 with Son and Lucas on the wings. Get back to how we played last year.

I wouldnt be surprised to see 4-2-3-1 tonight with Lamela, Eriksen and Son behind Kane.

It would be interesting to see a 4-3-3 with Son and Lucas either side of Kane, but who do we play in midfield? Eriksen, Dele and Dier? 3 great players, but enough cover?

Hope Super Pav starts

article-1336816-0BE4935D000005DC-205_468x322.jpg

Yes, it's all very well being cock-a-hoop in November but the serious stuff only begins in February.

Back
Top Bottom