Georges-Kévin N'Koudou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

#thfc Sky reporting that we have agreed to let Georges-Kevin N'Koudou join German club Mainz on loan. Talks continue about an option to buy. N'Koudou is still considering his options, with 16 days left of the transfer window in a number of major European leagues.pic.twitter.com/z8D5PeZrrA
Dkp_oUKXgAY8mmE.jpg

Hope we get this to be a loan converting to a permanent transfer in 12 months time - only problem is to get a half decent price I guess

I’ve seen very little of the guy really, I have been no fan. However, he has a good pre season. We needed “options”. The squad is light and we can’t replace him. So why let him go ?

Does it prove that (like Holtby) it matters not what your pre season is like, if you are out, you are out ? Or was it a commercial decision to get his wages off the books ? No one can really tell us, and again no one has to. From a football position just seems to add naff all to the squad.

On a broader scale, The club scouted him, pursued him with quite a lot of determination, paid a lot of money ( transfer fee & wages ) across 2 years and the net return was 20 odd games and no league starts ? Who failed here the player or the club or both ? Either way. It’s not done the player any good really has it?

No credit goes anywhere with something like this. It’s so similar to Stambouli & Njie to suggest these are business deals and not intent to improve light areas of the squad. At least this situation did not happen again this past transfer window.

Last edited:
I’ve seen very little of the guy really, I have been no fan. However, he has a good pre season. We needed “options”. The squad is light and we can’t replace him. So why let him go ?

Because AM is probably our best stocked position in the entire squad?

No credit goes anywhere with something like this. It’s so similar to Stambouli & Njie to suggest these are business deals and not intent to improve light areas of the squad. At least this situation did not happen again this past transfer window.
He's up there with the weirdest transfers in our history, and one of those players (Tramezzani and Moussa Saib also spring to mind) who I can't actually believed ever played for us ... and not in a good 'Bale/Modric/Klinsmann' way!

never struck me as a Poch signing tbf. It was also Levy who insisted Burnley wouldn't have a buying clause in the loan agreement last season

Too bad- might have actually gotten them to bite with a bit of their TV revenue. Now we can maybe ship him off to France for half his PL price.

Either way get him a season long loan somewhere- guy is going to absolutely rot without more regular football...

So guys. Do you think Poch should give N'Koudou a chance? At least in Carabao Cup vs Watford
I mean he looked very decent at ICC this summer and we need some new blood with energy and motivation.

Same goes with Skipp, Amos but they could play just in these cups.

Back
Top Bottom