New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To meet cost plan and sell season tickets when levy realised that this was unachievable I suspect he turned of the transfer funds to hoard cash. as he knew he would have to refund some of the money they had banked. Its only a theory its my theory so shout me down if you wish but if you know you have a big difficult decision ahead of you you hoard your cash.
Yep me too, I've always held there was a link between the stadium situation and the lack of transfer activity. I suspect the naming rights thing is tied in somewhere too.

It's hardly surprising that the club hasn't fessed up, they're not exactly going to say we're a bit short of readies at the minute

I visited the site in May not one single piece of stick work was up for the South face cladding how follow on trades could be complete whilst the building was not encased was impossible. I stated on here that October would be an engineering miracle but hoped to be proved wrong. I refuse to belive that the date was not meet due to fire saftey system failures. M&E always take a lot of flak in construction programing but claims against them are very difficult to prove as they will have a pile of program implication warnings and design variations. The root cause of those failures was a compressed program due to an unrealistic target being set. I love this club and on the whole appreciate what enic has done but it's time they set a realistic date if it's December fucking great but if its March so be it.

External cladding doesn't need to be up to play a game of footy though?

I visited the site in May not one single piece of stick work was up for the South face cladding how follow on trades could be complete whilst the building was not encased was impossible. I stated on here that October would be an engineering miracle but hoped to be proved wrong. I refuse to belive that the date was not meet due to fire saftey system failures. M&E always take a lot of flak in construction programing but claims against them are very difficult to prove as they will have a pile of program implication warnings and design variations. The root cause of those failures was a compressed program due to an unrealistic target being set. I love this club and on the whole appreciate what enic has done but it's time they set a realistic date if it's December fucking great but if its March so be it.
Bang on.

The stadium was meant to be ready for the next round of games. It's not is it?

Trust is saying their source inside the club says the radio story is patently false. Seems like another thing to rile up Spurs supporters.

At this point, until we get more information from a more reliable source, I’d say the Chelsea match is the target. We will know more by September 24th, I imagine, 2 months before that match is scheduled.

2018-19, nailed on.

Or people can keep pretending its just the wiring system...

My kitchen refit took two guys a little over a week to pull it all out lay a floor fit and paint. Once we moved the date these non essential things got moved back, if its still not done 3 weeks before Chelsea I am worried this tells us nothing.

What spec does it need to be to get a safety certificate even if worse comes to worst, make every one change on the side of the pitch didn't do me any harm.

2018-19, nailed on.

Or people can keep pretending its just the wiring system...

To be fair, those photos give zero evidence that it's a sprinkler system issue. Those are interior finish rooms with ceilings already installed. The sprinkler system will be above the ceiling and already installed.

Not saying the fire protection system couldn't be a (major) factor in the delay, but just that the photos don't support the claim. Issues could be elsewhere in the stadium still, but those rooms will certainly be piped and sprinkled already.

To meet cost plan and sell season tickets when levy realised that this was unachievable I suspect he turned of the transfer funds to hoard cash. as he knew he would have to refund some of the money they had banked. Its only a theory its my theory so shout me down if you wish but if you know you have a big difficult decision ahead of you you hoard your cash.
There would be no point in selling tickets in full knowledge they'd have to be refunded. Every ticket refunded at value to a ST holder costs the club more than the ticket's value due to the adminstrational costs of refunding the ticket. Nor is this a competitive market situation where the cost of being "first" can be partially offset by the benefit of being first. If the club had announced that the stadium would be ready in January would they have had fewer ST purchasers? Certainly not, everyone would still be clamoring to get in - you'd probably even have some that couldn't justify the expense of a full season that would jump on a half-season opportunity to get in the stadium for its inaugural run.

There's simply no logic to the idea that ENIC knew the stadium wouldn't possibly be ready and sold tickets anyway knowing they'd lose money on them. They thought they could get it ready enough to open by September. Shit happened, as happens in the industry, and they've had to push that back.

If anyone was dishonest, it'd be MACE. It's very easy for a contractor/architect/engineer to lie to a client - when the airline tells me they're having a minor issue with a fueling system, but we'll be taking off shortly I don't really have the expertise to judge whether he's being honest or not, even if they explained in depth what the issue was. When given the option between accepting a replacement flight or sticking with the ticket in hand it'd be a completely uneducated gut call.

Even if this was true it would still be plain stupid ....

To take payments for 5/6/7/8 games from 42,000 people knowing that you would have to make an equal number of seperate refunds plus cover all the admin, banking, accounting costs of doing this, any fool would know this would lose you a fortune ...

DL may be many things but he's not stupid .... this is conspiracy theory insanity nothing more ....

We're in the process of spending between 500m - 850m depending on who you believe, to think that someone would create a massive 'scam' targeting our key season ticket holders to raise a few million, knowing it would then need to be given back? are you sure?

Put it another way, we sold out ST's at Wembley for an entire season ... if the club had said 10 games at Wembley and 8 at NWHL they would have sold out just as fast ... plus no need for refunds / bad PR / ranting from the Trust / and downright stupid conspiracy theories ... come on guys get a grip ...

I agree needing to get in the season ticket money is a red herring, ST money is not that important to clubs now,
maybe the club needed a early opening of the NWHL so that the EPL would agree to us playing in 2 grounds in a season

Floodlights pic.
image.php

Put it another way, we sold out ST's at Wembley for an entire season ... if the club had said 10 games at Wembley and 8 at NWHL they would have sold out just as fast ... plus no need for refunds / bad PR / ranting from the Trust / and downright stupid conspiracy theories ... come on guys get a grip ...

I very much doubt that the PL would have given permission for anything like a 10/9 split in the first place though. Gaining permission for the initial one was acceptable and the club may have hoped or believed that they would get away with it and if not hope that a gradual increase in the number of Wembley matches would be tolerated too. If we suddenly said "It looks like February" I think that we would be told to play the entire season at Wembley.

I think that we would be told to play the entire season at Wembley.

What I suspect:

(1) That we will anyway, that Spurs have been aware of the likelihood of this for some time
(2) That the failure to secure naming rights has affected this
(3) That this was in large part the reason for the transfer freeze this summer

Not that it can be proved one way or the other

A rare picture of Ghaly wearing the shirt rather than throwing it.
Ghaly set up one of my favourite Spurs goals of all time funnily enough. Huddlestone plays the ball out from the edge of our box, keeps up with play even though people think he's a fat bastard. Ball goes wide to Ghaly, clips a ball just behind the defenders and perfectly into the path of the onrushing Huddlestone. Right footed, half-volley of a ball coming across his body while running at pace nestled comfortably in the bottom left corner.

One of the best technical goals I've ever seen, and then he celebrates, turns round and catches Defoe mid-air with one arm.

I miss that chunky mofo.

Back
Top Bottom