Spurs v Liverpool, 15th September, 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane couldn't be worse in goal though could he?

Than Vorm?

Probably not. I’ve previously mentioned that I didn’t think we’d be that much worse of with Vorm over Lloris, but I was wrong. I still stand by saying that Lloris’ distribution is awful and that he gets beaten at his bear post too easily but Vorm is not good enough.

Give the kid a chance in goal. The worst that will happen is that we will lose; our chances of losing are high with Vorm in goal - he seems to freeze. Instead of catching or making a save.

Souness is on right now saying there defence will be one of the greatest for the next ten years and in the same breath how we need to buy( and I quote) some proper players. My wife is dreading Saturday dinner, I can't handle Liverpool/Sky TV at the best of times, Saturday will be dreadful
Turn on the TV just before KO and off at HT and FT if we lose.

Dier needs to play in this one and with Dele out would play Dembele with him. Only played 10 mins in midweek and should be ok. Vorm, Trippier, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Vertonghan, Rose, Dier, Dembele, Eriksen, Moura, Kane.
Hopefully a good bench with Lamela, Son & Winks available.

Yes. Rose has the pace. But he had absolute mare against Watford. Never in the right place.
As they are not competing in 100m race but game of football, I trust Davies much more on that. In 100m race - sure, I'd go with Rose.

But regarding Son, I very much doubt that he will start. He has played SO much and has not been back for too long. I think given the situation with Alli, Lamela (I assume he is still injured?!? there was not a word about him in team news, not good not bad), Son and Sissoko, we might have to revert to 4-3-3?

Smth like

-----------Vorm----------
Aurier-Toby-Jan-Davies
--Winks-Dier-Dembele-
-Moura---Kane--Eriksen-

Though I doubt we'd risk trying this in such occasion.

Ofc I hope I am wrong and Son is ready to go, then it would be without the doubt -

-----------Vorm----------
Aurier-Toby-Jan-Davies
---Dier---Dembele-----
-Moura--Eriksen-Son-
----------Kane-----------

Davies played against Watford mate. Rose played for England on Tuesday and was one of the better players on the pitch. If he’s fit and his head is right he starts over Davies all day long. Pace, strength or football ability, he’s better in all areas

Than Vorm?

Probably not. I’ve previously mentioned that I didn’t think we’d be that much worse of with Vorm over Lloris, but I was wrong. I still stand by saying that Lloris’ distribution is awful and that he gets beaten at his bear post too easily but Vorm is not good enough.

Give the kid a chance in goal. The worst that will happen is that we will lose; our chances of losing are high with Vorm in goal - he seems to freeze. Instead of catching or making a save.

Well, form wise...

I don't mind Vorm at all to be honest.

Can never guarantee a result, but the players have simply got to be up for this one and put in a shift.

We're a better all-round, settled team than them, plus we're at 'home', so let's put them on the back-foot from the kick-off. Early days in the season, but this is already an important game. COYS!

My Team
Vorm
Trippier_____Toby______Verts_____Rose
Wanyama____Winks
Moura____Lamela____Son
Kane
Poch's probable team

Vorm
Trippier_____Toby______Verts_____Davies
Dier______Dembele
Moura____Eriksen____Son
Kane​

[formation=433, Vorm, Trippier, Sanchez, Jan, Davies, Eriksen, Dier, Dembele, Lucas, Kane, Son][/formation]

I guess anyone who DOESN'T want to hear a biased/pro-Liverpool commentary for 90 minutes just needs to get themselves along to the ground, and ATTEND the game!

Forget it's not gonna be the first game at WHL II... that's gone, it's history...
But if you wanna actually ENJOY the game, amongst like-minded friends, then Wembley will probably be the ONLY place in the WORLD to watch the game with a partisan Spurs viewpoint...

SEE Y'ALL THERE!

Back
Top Bottom