Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

[/QUOTE="Blanchflower, post: 1574753, member: 209"]Why can't he have a son?... :pochrolleyes:[/QUOTE]
Next time lucky, his shooting is getting better.

Player power
- Nobody but ManU seriously interested in Toby, Martial on the other hand has lots of options.

- Walker only wanted ManCity (for £'s), Sancho wanted guaranteed playing time which Spurs couldn't give to a 19 year old.
It is clear Martial wants to move and it has been reported he would be willing to join us.

Regarding Sancho, it was reported numerous times he wanted to join us but city blocked the move.

Btw what options does Martial have? Bayern already said they don't want him and Willian has said he is staying so United won't just sell him to them. Who else really has an interest?

This is all very Berahino.
Said the same the other day.
I had a feeling the new owners were using this as a sweetener to the fans.
Maybe had no intention of selling him. Makes them look well intentioned. Bit far fetched but WBA style.
There has been all this talk about money coming into the club, yet they’ve spent fuck all on players.

Last summer we were up to 1065 pages when we made our first signing. That of Davinson Sanchez.
(I got a lot of time on my hands today).

Sky sports trying to drag this out, of course he's still keen to move from the championship to the champions league, why is this breaking news.

Don't think it'll happen. It's Berahino all over again. One upmanship from their new owners and fuck what the player wants and fuck FFP. Everyone loses in the end. He won't be the same player for them.

Said the same the other day.
I had a feeling the new owners were using this as a sweetener to the fans.
Maybe had no intention of selling him. Makes them look well intentioned. Bit far fetched but WBA style.
There has been all this talk about money coming into the club, yet they’ve spent fuck all on players.

Look how that one turned out for Berahino and Brom.

It ain't over 'til its over

tenor.gif

It is clear Martial wants to move and it has been reported he would be willing to join us.

Regarding Sancho, it was reported numerous times he wanted to join us but city blocked the move.

Martial has lots of suitors, so if ManU refuse to sell to us but accept other offers, he can leave. On the other hand they can refuse all offers and extend his contract next year if they want, and then sell him to wherever for big £'s.

Sancho/ManCity shows exactly the Martial/ManU position.

As I say if only ManU are prepared to bid for Toby Spurs have no negotiating position - alternative is to keep him and risk the buyout clause being triggered at £25m next year (and what do we need to pay to replace him unless we are relying on Foyth or Carter-Vickers ?)

Martial has lots of suitors, so if ManU refuse to sell to us but accept other offers, he can leave. On the other hand they can refuse all offers and extend his contract next year if they want, and then sell him to wherever for big £'s.

Sancho/ManCity shows exactly the Martial/ManU position.

As I say if only ManU are prepared to bid for Toby Spurs have no negotiating position - alternative is to keep him and risk the buyout clause being triggered at £25m next year (and what do we need to pay to replace him unless we are relying on Foyth or Carter-Vickers ?)
But how have you concluded the toby/martial situation is the same as the walker/Sancho one then???

Walker didn't have a release clause the next season and his contract wasn't running out. We agreed to sell him but couldn't get a player that wanted to come to us in return.

And who are all these martial suitors you claim he has???

Back
Top Bottom