Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's see six months from now, where my words might appear prophetic. Not gonna lie, I'm gutted about this development. Not because I've been proved wrong but because it means we won't be making any more signings in terms of a Malcom, a Leon Bailey etc. I don't think we have enough to compete with the Northerners. There's a gap developing.
images

Let's see six months from now, where my words might appear prophetic. Not gonna lie, I'm gutted about this development. Not because I've been proved wrong but because it means we won't be making any more signings in terms of a Malcom, a Leon Bailey etc. I don't think we have enough to compete with the Northerners. There's a gap developing.

Nah fuck off dude, you've moved the goalposts so many times it's not funny.

Nah fuck off dude, you've moved the goalposts so many times it's not funny.

The goalposts have never moved. I don't think Lamela is a top draw player. I've been consistent about that.

Can we all agree on thing? That there's no excuses left now? He's not still recovering from injury, adjusting to life abroad etc etc? He has to perform, change games, be the difference maker, score and create goals with great pieces of skill?

By all means, keep gambling. You're not exactly risking your reputation at this point. Judging from your record, Lamela might be retiring at Spurs, with you in the background screaming "I called it!"

TpZWXUJ.png

The goalposts have never moved. I don't think Lamela is a top draw player. I've been consistent about that.

Can we all agree on thing? That there's no excuses left now? He's not still recovering from injury, adjusting to life abroad etc etc? He has to perform, change games, be the difference maker, score and create goals with great pieces of skill?

I'm not a fan of lamela either. Ordinary at best.

By all means, keep gambling. You're not exactly risking your reputation at this point. Judging from your record, Lamela might be retiring at Spurs, with you in the background screaming "I called it!"

TpZWXUJ.png

If I were a huge critique of Kane, Eriksen, Dele or Son, you'd have their performances, goals and awards to throw back in my face, but with Lamela all you have is the fact he's still here. No more excuses, time to deliver.

Why would there be a need for excuses? If he plays as well as he did the season before last he’ll be a big asset to the team.

Why would there be a need for excuses? If he plays as well as he did the season before last he’ll be a big asset to the team.

Do you mean the season before the season before last season? 15/16? Don't petsonally think that season he reached the heights our other attacking players have.

Lamela would be a fucking hero if he'd been bought as a grimy little pest from the lower leagues rather than a supposed tricky young flair player for 30m from Roma.

But it's five years on from that now. Who cares anymore? See and appreciate the player he has become, not the flop of what Franco Baldini thought he was buying.

If I were a huge critique of Kane, Eriksen, Dele or Son, you'd have their performances, goals and awards to throw back in my face, but with Lamela all you have is the fact he's still here. No more excuses, time to deliver.
When multiple times you've used his contract status as proof of your assertions that he would (not simply should, but definitely would) be sold then his contract renewal isnt an excuse - it's a direct rebuke of you months of complete bullshit.

Fucking christ, how hard is it to admit you're wrong without continuing to rationalize it? Fucking Poch's right testicle has forgotten more about football than you've ever known. And he rates him. So just shut the fuck up about it, already.

Lamela would be a fucking hero if he'd been bought as a grimy little pest from the lower leagues rather than a supposed tricky young flair player for 30m from Roma.

But it's five years on from that now. Who cares anymore? See and appreciate the player he has become, not the flop of what Franco Baldini thought he was buying.

He's definitely a weird case. Think he has had so many problems that have limited his output for us.

1) Struggled to settle in England culturally (does he even speak any english yet?) 2) Struggled to adjust to the physicality of the prem initially 3) Came at a bad time in our coaching merry-go-round (AVB/Sherwood BARF) 4) Emotionally wrecked by brother's tragic spine injury 5) Huge yearlong hip injury . Thats like 3-4 seasons worth of bullshit to deal with right there....

With the helpful support of Poch, who he shares his mother tongue with, this could finally be the season where he puts it all together. A lineup of this should be way more than most teams can handle:

Kane
Eriksen - Dele - Lamela
Rose - (N)D(e/o)mbele;) - Dier - Trippier
Jan - Sanchez - Toby​

Back
Top Bottom