Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, quite. And, since it started at the year 1, the year 2000 was the end of the 20th century, not the beginning of the 21st century.
Omg not sure i dare do this ... technically no

You can't have one without the other
(End of the 20th century and beginning of the 21st is the same point in time... obviously)
Technically (and by your argument ) the year 2000 wasn't the end of the 20th century. That is the anomaly of the missing year
(It is still missing a year)

Last edited:
Omg not sure i dare do this ... technically no

You can't have one without the other
(End of the 20th century and beginning of the 21st is the same point in time... obviously)
Technically (and by your argument ) the year 2000 wasn't the end of the 20th century. That is the anomaly of the missing year
(It is still missing a year)
I'm hoping this is a misunderstanding, which can be cleared up by the following:

The end of the 20th century was 31st December 2000. The 21st century began on 1st January 2001.

If you still don't agree, start a new thread or take it to the forum toilet; this isn't the right place to be having a lengthy discussion about the calendar. :)

I'm hoping this is a misunderstanding, which can be cleared up by the following:

The end of the 20th century was 31st December 2000. The 21st century began on 1st January 2001.

If you still don't agree, start a new thread or take it to the forum toilet; this isn't the right place to be having a lengthy discussion about the calendar. :)
mate they begin and start at the same time
That infinitesimal point in time when the change threshold is crossed. They are the same point

Commonly known as the turn

The reason it is a year out is because we started at year 1 not year 0

There is no arcane maths involved

Before your last post ...,You were saying that the year 2000 is the end of the 20th century but the beginning of the 21st century is a year later

nope it's a year later

And the turn is the same point in time... impossible for the end of the 20th and beginning of the 21st to occur at a different point in time
Mate, I don't know if you're agreeing with me, disagreeing with me, or being deliberately obtuse.

Self-evidently, if we start at the year 1, then the last year of the 20th century is the 2000th year. And, specifically, the end if the 20th century is the last moment of the 2000th year. Importanrly, the 21st century didnt start until the 2000th year had ended: ergo, it started at the very moment the year 2001 started.

Can we agree, whatever else has been said, that this is correct?

Mate, I don't know if you're agreeing with me, disagreeing with me, or being deliberately obtuse.

Self-evidently, if we start at the year 1, then the last year of the 20th century is the 2000th year. And, specifically, the end if the 20th century is the last moment of the 2000th year. Importanrly, the 21st century didnt start until the 2000th year had ended: ergo, it started at the very moment the year 2001 started.

I agree with this. But I'm struggling to find a connection to Toby Alderweirald for some reason

Mate This is your mistake

If we started at 1AD which we did then the 2000th year is 2001 !!!!!

If we started at the year 0 then the last year of the 20th century would have been the 2000th year and the terminology would be sound

As soon as that penny drops you'll be sound

We didn't start at zero ... that's the bloody anomaly

And stop talking like the end of one century and the start of another are different points in time ..... to quote you that's an important thing

Last edited:
giphy.gif

If he wants to stay, cool.

We get one of the worlds best centre backs continuing to play for us whilst hopefully giving Foyth even MORE playing time this year and potentially saving us having to spend upwards of £40,000,000 on another centre back and hindering Foyths development.

So are we allowed to use the melters own words against them?

"If Toby is so good, how come bigger sides haven't bought him".

Maybe, just maybe, that line of argument is poppycock.

Back
Top Bottom