Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mate This is your mistake

If we started at 1AD which we did then the 2000th year is 2001 !!!!!

If we started at the year 0 then the last year of the 20th century would have been the 2000th year and the terminology would be sound

As soon as that penny drops you'll be sound

We didn't start at zero ... that's the bloody anomaly

And stop talking like the end of one century and the start of another are different points in time ..... to quote you that's an important thing

Mate, I don't know if you're agreeing with me, disagreeing with me, or being deliberately obtuse.

Self-evidently, if we start at the year 1, then the last year of the 20th century is the 2000th year. And, specifically, the end if the 20th century is the last moment of the 2000th year. Importanrly, the 21st century didnt start until the 2000th year had ended: ergo, it started at the very moment the year 2001 started.

Can we agree, whatever else has been said, that this is correct?

1gjevz.jpg

Prediction. Stays... Plays very little... Signs on a pre-deal with a manc club the day after the Jan window closes (maybe after another wave of flirting and posturing from player and agent) and goes for £25m as soon as the window opens in summer 19.

Only a stellar WC stood to resolve all this for us... Haven't heard him receiving any plaudits after any of the games so no longer holding my breath.
and the usual suspects "levy should have sold him for 50 million last summer, dammit"

Don't think there will be a happy ending here

Cheeky cunt.
Pisses about over his contract
Gets injured & loses his place to Davinson
Moans that his omission is “unjustified” when he looked utter dog turd when he did play.
He only has to look at the facts to know why the manager was entirely justified in sticking him on the bench.

Cheeky cunt.
Pisses about over his contract
Gets injured & loses his place to Davinson
Moans that his omission is “unjustified” when he looked utter dog turd when he did play.
He only has to look at the facts to know why the manager was entirely justified in sticking him on the bench.

Chances are he's pissed off that we left him out for as long as we did because it could have and probably has made potential suitors less hot on him. Probably using it to try and get himself an extra £10k on top of his weekly wage by backing himself with the way he's worded it. Definitely trying to put himself back into the shop window

Back
Top Bottom