Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Heard that PSG/United are both interested but can't agree on wages.

In which case his expectations are the problem... Not that Levy is a tight bastard for knocking back his allegly revised demands.

If overpaying idiots like PSG and Man U won't meet them.... Then why/how can we?

The biggest question is this thread is have the doubters realized that 1 January year 1 to 31 December 2000 is 20 centuries and the 21st century started on 1 January 2001?

The biggest question is this thread is have the doubters realized that 1 January year 1 to 31 December 2000 is 20 centuries and the 21st century started on 1 January 2001?

Nevermind that...

"realized"

S or Z in such cases...?

....Don't let me come back to find no-one cunting off about it!

You slags! :vert:

Nevermind that...

"realized"

S or Z in such cases...?

....Don't let me come back to find no-one cunting off about it!

You slags! :vert:
The calendar issue was resolved privately, but we can cunt-off about this totally Alderweireld-related maths problem if you like? :ninja:

Unseen by you, I place a token under one of three cups and invite you to select which cup you think the token is under. Once you've chosen, I remove one of the other cups and show you it's empty.

There are now two cups in front of you: the one you originally chose and one other. You have the option to change if you want.

What should you do to have the best chance of finding the token: stick with your original choice or change? And what's the maths behind it?​

The calendar issue was resolved privately, but we can cunt-off about this totally Alderweireld-related maths problem if you like? :ninja:

Unseen by you, I place a token under one of three cups and invite you to select which cup you think the token is under. Once you've chosen, I remove one of the other cups and show you it's empty.

There are now two cups in front of you: the one you originally chose and one other. You have the option to change if you want.

What should you do to have the best chance of finding the token: stick with your original choice or change? And what's the maths behind it?​
Sick with my original choice, because I had a 33.3% chance of guessing right, now that you removed an additional 33.3% I only have a 33.3 % of being wrong. If I change I only have a 50% chance of being correct?

The Monty Hall problem. You should never change.

Is there really cunt off potential here? It's Independent Probability vs Dependent Probability, right?

Surely what happened after the 1 in 3 chance was resolved is irrelevant to the now 1 in 2 chance in front of you.

My answer is it makes no odds: it's a 50/50 shot no matter what you do.

Is there really cunt off potential here? It's Independent Probability vs Dependent Probability, right?

Surely what happened after the 1 in 3 chance was resolved is irrelevant to the now 1 in 2 chance in front of you.

My answer is it makes no odds: it's a 50/50 shot no matter what you do.
No. You should always change. You have a 1/3 chance if you stick and a 2/3 chance if you change.

If his release clause is really only 25 mill next summer, he'll be shipped off this summer.

Levy aint going to pass up 50 to keep a guy Poch doesn't want

What should you do to have the best chance of finding the token: stick with your original choice or change?​

Beat you up and help myself to what ever fackin' cup I want.

And what's the maths behind it?

Thug-Maths, baby!

:dierpochhug:

Should always change. ;)

Ok, there’s 3 men on a set of stairs and 1 man in the cupboard under the stairs. They all know that 2 are wearing black hats and 2 white. The men on the stairs can’t see the man in the cupboard and he can’t see them. The men on the stairs can only look to the front. The winner, given this information, is the first to shout out the correct colour of his hat and why he knows. Who is it?

Ok, there’s 3 men on a set of stairs and 1 man in the cupboard under the stairs. They all know that 2 are wearing black hats and 2 white. The men on the stairs can’t see the man in the cupboard and he can’t see them. The men on the stairs can only look to the front. The winner, given this information, is the first to shout out the correct colour of his hat and why he knows. Who is it?

Assuming you can't just take it off and look...

The guy on the middle step.

He can tell the guy in front of him has on a white hat, and if his hat was white too, the guy in the top step would know his own hat is black. So since the guy on the top step doesn't know what color his hat is the guy on the middle step can know his hat is black.

I know I've seen this (or something like it) and think I recall the logic behind it. I'll pm you.

Edit: so, Achilles Achilles beat me to it.

The bloke in the middle I reckon, if he's allowed to have noticed that the bloke behind him hasn't said anything?

Edit: Beaten to it.

Is this a Harry Potter riddle or something? Or do Brits just like shoving people under the stairs.

Back
Top Bottom