Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bin vote cast.

Fuck off.

Have fun in your echo chamber!
I am sorry but Kane is overrated: 3 goals against the mighty Panama (probably the worst team ever to be at a world cup), 2 goals against mighty Tunisia and one goal against Columbia. Four of those were on penalties and one was a shot which rikocheted off Kane's ass and was credited to him. In the league he has scored only four(!) goals against the other top 6 teams, three of which came against Liverpool. That is not the hallmark of a top class striker. Top class strikers turn up on the big occasions. Kane almost never does. Take Eriksen away and Kane will become invisible. Kane is GOOD but NOT top class.

(Putting on my asbestos long johns and flak vest)

I am sorry but Kane is overrated: 3 goals against the mighty Panama (probably the worst team ever to be at a world cup), 2 goals against mighty Tunisia and one goal against Columbia. Four of those were on penalties and one was a shot which rikocheted off Kane's ass and was credited to him. In the league he has scored only four(!) goals against the other top 6 teams, three of which came against Liverpool. That is not the hallmark of a top class striker. Top class strikers turn up on the big occasions. Kane almost never does. Take Eriksen away and Kane will become invisible. Kane is GOOD but NOT top class.

05d.jpg

Kane isn't top class?

Yeah, fuck off, Gooner cunt. Get off this forum, right fucking now.

If your Onslow vocabulary and intellectual faculties allow you to articulate anything but expletives, please explain why Kane's stats are so impressive?

If I have to explain what makes Kane’s stats so impressive to you, you are a)not on the right forum, and b) not following the right sport. Football is clearly too much for you. Not even sure why I’m responding to your blatant, gooner maggot trolling to be honest. I think I’ll go have a threesome with your mum and your fat sister, and ignore the rest of your posts. Ciao, bella! xx

If your Onslow vocabulary and intellectual faculties allow you to articulate anything but expletives, please explain why Kane's stats are so impressive?
What are you talking about. This world cup his goalscoring wasnt that impressive obviously. Some will lie to themselves for the feel good factor - 3 pens, one of his butt and only 2 proper goals. But the guy is the topscorer or close to almost every season. What stats are you not impressed with? I hate using using expletives (i think it means cusses yea?) but you sound fucking crazy if you arent impressed with his stats outside of the worldcup.

but you sound fucking crazy if you arent impressed with his stats outside of the worldcup.

I did say that I think he is good, I just happen to think that someone better than Kane is needed to take the next step. A rather innocuous point of view, I should say.

Kane stats to 28th June.

THE CAREER NUMBERS

• 174 career goals in 304 games for five clubs (Tottenham Hotspur and loans to Leyton Orient, Millwall, Norwich City and Leicester City) and country
  • 108 Premier League goals in 153 games – placing him 22nd all-time and the second-fastest (after Alan Shearer) to reach 100 in the competition (141 games)
  • 18 England goals in 26 caps – the most in the current squad, with 13 in his last nine
  • 56 goals in all competitions in 2017 – the most by any player in Europe, including a record SIX Premier League hat-tricks
  • Two Premier League Golden Boots in 2015/16 and 2016/17 – narrowly missed out last season, finishing two behind Liverpool’s Mo Salah after hitting the 30-goal mark for the first time
  • Six per cent of all the World Cup goals England have ever scored – in just 2.8 per cent of the minutes England have ever played at World Cups
HOW HE HAS SCORED THEM

• Right foot 106, left foot 38, headers 29, other 1
  • In the box 130, outside the box 23, penalties 21
  • Kane has scored goals in 76 different minutes, including 14 after the clock hits 90 – the only ones missing on his checklist are the 2nd, 5th, 8th, 10th, 17th, 19th, 31st, 36th, 44th, 55th, 66th, 84th, 85th and 87th minutes.
CAPTAIN KANE

• Hat-trick against Panama was first by an England captain since Shearer in 1999 – and first by any England player since Jermain Defoe in 2010
  • First hat-trick by an England captain at a World Cup
  • 11 goals in seven games as Three Lions skipper – netting every time he has worn the armband for his country

Did any of these get broken?

RECORDS HE COULD BREAK AT THE WORLD CUP

• Most goals by an England player in a single tournament – Gary Lineker, 6 (1986)
  • Most goals by an England player in World Cups – Gary Lineker, 10 (1986, 1990)
  • First England player to score in first three games at a World Cup
  • Most goals in a World Cup group stage – Oleg Salenko, 6 (Russia, 1994)
  • First player to score in six consecutive England games for 79 years (currently on five) – Tommy Lawton, 1938-39 (a record, jointly held with Tinsley Lindley in 1987-88 and Jimmy Windridge in 1908)
  • Most England goals in a single calendar year (currently on six) – 12, George Hilson in 1908 and Dixie Dean in 1927

Did any of these get broken?

RECORDS HE COULD BREAK AT THE WORLD CUP

• Most goals by an England player in a single tournament – Gary Lineker, 6 (1986)
    • First player to score in six consecutive England games for 79 years (currently on five) – Tommy Lawton, 1938-39 (a record, jointly held with Tinsley Lindley in 1987-88 and Jimmy Windridge in 1908)
    • Most England goals in a single calendar year (currently on six) – 12, George Hilson in 1908 and Dixie Dean in 1927

Equalled the first one (6)
Beat the second one (7)
Equalled the third one (12 - so far)

I did say that I think he is good, I just happen to think that someone better than Kane is needed to take the next step. A rather innocuous point of view, I should say.
Can't wait for you to tell us who is better than Kane. This long, long list of players must take some reading, so I'm off to the shops to stock up on provisions as it will take some time to read. Please also back up why they are better, think this is important. Once you've done this please let us also know the chances of actual buying each player, how much in purchase fee and of course their wages.

Looking forward to reading everything you got to say on the matter.

Thanks.

The guy is smashing club, league and national records left, right and centre, he's England captain at 24, top scorer 2 of the last 3 seasons despite injuries. Scored goals in big league, World Cup and Champions League matches. Golden Boot for gods sake. Penalties count! Ask Modric how easy they are. What more could the lad have done?

You're talking out of your arse.

OK, your opinion is your own, fair enough.

Could you suggest *who* we should sign to be better? Ideally, a realistic signing. I think I'd accept there are 4 - 5 candidates in absolute terms (Messi, Suarez, Cavani maybe, CR7, possibly Neymar), but not convinced we could sign any of them.

Back
Top Bottom