2018 FIFA WORLD CUP RUSSIA 14th June - 15th July

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

(Thanks Totti Totti )

THERE ya go... whadd I say?
Thats a KILLERS stare if ever I saw one... Fucking loony tunes!
Reckon he was doing it deliberately, or he couldn't help it due to 'chemical imbalance' in the bloodstream?
He's player for big games and he's mental. First to defend, absolute cunt and everyone loves to have cunts in their team.

Harry Kane - Golden Boot (hopefully)
Eric Dier - winning goal in first ever penalty shoot out win
Dele - winning goal vs Sweden
Trips - scored the goal that saw us lead the semi-final for over an hour

England lose semi......ITS ALL TOTTENHAMS FAULT!

Arrogant how?
Our players thought you were underestimating them, and that's why they were motivated even more. And gotta be honest, "pundits" from BBC studio were doing just that.

Ha, plenty of people acknowledged that it was going to be tough. I personally made Croatia slight favourites due to Modric but also down to them being more experienced.

Allez Les Bleus!

Harry Kane - Golden Boot (hopefully)
Eric Dier - winning goal in first ever penalty shoot out win
Dele - winning goal vs Sweden
Trips - scored the goal that saw us lead the semi-final for over an hour

England lose semi......ITS ALL TOTTENHAMS FAULT!
Arrogant how?
Our players thought you were underestimating them, and that's why they were motivated even more. And gotta be honest, "pundits" from BBC studio were doing just that.

Lovren said he was one of the best defenders in the world !

So would we have beaten Russia ? 100% yes in my opinion
Probably. The only unknown factor is playing the hosts in their back yard. Whilst most of this crowd looks like it has been selected from a competition run in middle-class magazines (nothing like as hostile as you would get for Russian club sides) it still might have had an effect with a young inexperienced team.

The Russians were certainly the surprise of the tournament, despite some tongue in cheek accusations of them being fuelled by Russia's special olympic sauce, they for prolonged periods actually played football, not the rope-a-dope team in the Euros.

Arrogant how?

I don't think anyone underestimated Croatia. But let's not forget, this is the first time your team has even got out of the group stages since 1998.

The pundits, in particular Wright and Ferdinand are just very passionate about their country and thought we'd win. Probably based off the fact we cruised against Sweden and Croatia had to go through two slug-fests with Denmark and Russia.

Most of the stuff I saw from other pundits and journalists were pretty complimentary. Giving Croatia credit for how far they have come and how well they were doing. Calling Croatia tired is hardly arrogant or disrespectful.

I still think the game was 50/50 but Croatia just had a little bit more. Experience is so crucial in tournament football and Croatia proved that.

Ha, plenty of people acknowledged that it was going to be tough. I personally made Croatia slight favourites due to Modric but also down to them being more experienced.

Allez Les Bleus!
I'm talking about pundits and their talk about final after France vs Belgium game. Ferdinand said it's going to be 3-0 for England. Players feeds from that.

I'm talking about pundits and their talk about final after France vs Belgium game. Ferdinand said it's going to be 3-0 for England. Players feeds from that.

That's just one opinion though and I bet in Croatia all their pundits were confident of victory over England. So fucking what?

Croatians always fucking chippy, I hope you're stuffed on Sunday.

I don't know about that but I have heard from a friend that has visited the place that it is beautiful but expensive. His wife is from Czech so maybe they treat 'Europeans' better than Brits.

Nice enough people but you pay for everything. Every spare room in every house is an 'apartment' lift to the shops? that will be 6 euros despite no mention of this before hand, would you like try our home brew? two shots another 6 euros please. It was everywhere when i was there.

I've heard a decade or so back it was different. Now its just like Spain but more expenive and greedy.

Back
Top Bottom