2018 FIFA WORLD CUP RUSSIA 14th June - 15th July

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are you mental or still drunk from last night?

Either way - I've made my point - go forth somewhere else. I forgot - you're never ever wrong. Bless
STILL playing the man not the ball, your style really is the forum cunt.

I've asked you 3 times now to state your case and you haven't. Why can't you do this?

So it doesn't get lost in forum traffic this is what you posted last night:
"Can’t wait for Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 to start apologising for Sterling yet again. Rashford should be on ASAP"

I responded with we were the better team in the first half and were a worse team after he went off.

Now for the FOURTH time please tell me how were England a better team after he came off? Just lay out what you saw, how did you come to this conclusion. That's all I'm asking.

It's not about being right or wrong you clown, it's called an opinion. Only I'm still waiting for yours, detail it support your theory, give it a go just for fucking once.

STILL playing the man not the ball, your style really is the forum cunt.

I've asked you 3 times now to state your case and you haven't. Why can't you do this?

So it doesn't get lost in forum traffic this is what you posted last night:
"Can’t wait for Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 to start apologising for Sterling yet again. Rashford should be on ASAP"

I responded with we were the better team in the first half and were a worse team after he went off.

Now for the FOURTH time please tell me how were England a better team after he came off? Just lay out what you saw, how did you come to this conclusion. That's all I'm asking.

It's not about being right or wrong you clown, it's called an opinion. Only I'm still waiting for yours, detail it support your theory, give it a go just for fucking once.

I thought Sterling was horrendous for the 15 or so minutes before he went off to the point he didn't even look like a professional footballer , I think you're ignoring that part.

I think we need to go back to a 4-2-3-1 for the next few matches, perhaps a 3-4-3 against suitable opponents.

The former formation should help us get the best out of our two best players, Dele and Kane.

Against Switzerland

Pickford
Walker - Maguire - Stones - Rose
Dier - Winks
Rashford - Dele - Sessegnon
Kane

I've read these. You STILL can't back up anything, WHY?

Just tell me why you think we were the better side after he came off and Rashford was on? Why is this so hard? Why can't you do this?

So for the 6th time please just do that, I would be interested to know what you saw. (if I don't die waiting for the answer first).

It's a great feeling that a team who hasn't won in ages can change opinion and sentiment so much by getting a young manager who values team spirit over individual egos, gives young players a chance and nurtures the squad to make them feel genuinely part of something.

Yes we fell short losing 2-1 in a semi final we should have won, even having taken the lead early and dominating the first half, yes we had a great shot at beating the Blues in the final had we gotten there, but we can feel proud that we're genuinely building something that will undoubtedly bring success somewhere along the line. And even if it doesn't, the journey makes it worth the emotional investment.

But enough about Tottenham...

I've read these. You STILL can't back up anything, WHY?

Just tell me why you think we were the better side after he came off and Rashford was on? Why is this so hard? Why can't you do this?

So for the 6th time please just do that, it would be interested to know what you saw. (if I don't die waiting for the answer first).
Back it up - it's my opinion - just like yours. This isn't a quantum theory or court of law. I don't need to submit a signed affidavit in order to validate my opinion with mugs like you.

The fact Rashford was poor in no way exonerates Sterling - what a bizarre logic. The latter had a shit WC only a buffoon would claim otherwise. Rashford should have been given a few games from the start and then judged not 5 mins at the end

In many ways Southgate has been a massive success and I really like him, but I'm still not 100% convinced by him tactically. Look forward to the Euros.
I think the Euros will be very exciting IF we can put a playmaker in the side and deploy the likes of Dele and Kane where they are proven to create chances and goals. This tournament has been good for us but the underlying issue of not having that playmaker was glaringly obvious. Kane can only do so much with the level of service he had which in all honesty wasn't much.

I think Winksy could be the guy to break through and be the playmaker England need. Lets face it there aren't many English playmakers about but we have a little one at Spurs that we know is tidy in posession and can play a killer pass.

I thought Sterling was horrendous for the 15 or so minutes before he went off to the point he didn't even look like a professional footballer , I think you're ignoring that part.
I'm not ignoring that, the whole team looked poor mate, there wasn't a single England player that look good, was there?

But that wasn't down to individuals, it was down to Croatia taking control of the game, specifically the midfield and down both flanks.

I'm not ignoring that, the whole team looked poor mate, there wasn't a single England player that look good, was there?

But that wasn't down to individuals, it was down to Croatia taking control of the game, specifically the midfield and down both flanks.
Agreed.

I actually thought Croatias best player was Vida. He was brilliant for them and won pretty much every battle in the air and on the ground for them.

I think we need to go back to a 4-2-3-1 for the next few matches, perhaps a 3-4-3 against suitable opponents.

The former formation should help us get the best out of our two best players, Dele and Kane.

Against Switzerland

Pickford
Walker - Maguire - Stones - Rose
Dier - Winks
Rashford - Dele - Sessegnon
Kane

I also will welcome back Lallana, Ox, Shelvey and Bertrand into the squad. High hopes for the likes of Foden, Sancho, Lookman and Walker-Peters.

I guarantee now that England will win something within the next 6 years, the next three tournaments.

Back it up - it's my opinion - just like yours. This isn't a quantum theory or court of law. I don't need to submit a signed affidavit in order to validate my opinion with mugs like you.

The fact Rashford was poor in no way exonerates Sterling - what a bizarre logic. The latter had a shit WC only a buffoon would claim otherwise.
All you have done is say he's shit. When presented with a rationale you've not detailed a fucking thing to back up an opinion of "he's shit". You called for Rashford to come on, well he did. So, were England as good as we were in the first half when Sterling was on, compared to when Rashford was on in the second? I'd say Rashford was terrible, didn't produce a thing, didn't make runs drawing defenders out of shape, didn't get behind their defence (he had the advantage of fresh legs too) made Lovren look good, whereas in the first half he was barely holding on.

So let's go again, same question, for a 7th time. How do you think we were a better team with Rashford on the pitch instead of Sterling? Can you for the love of God please just answer the fucking question.

Sterling was by far the worst tho from about 55 minutes to 75 he was so so bad couldn't even do the basics , I agree he made an impact in the first half but lets face it a player whose that bad with the ball at his feet is always going to deservedly get strong critism

We were a top 8 team in this tourament so we exceeded in my opinion.

Like with Tottenham there was an over reliance on Kane, who looked tired literally all match. For me he still has a bit more to be at that very top level many think he already is.

What the game did show in my oplnion is that at the highest level we need to find someone who controls the football. Who controls the ebb and flow. A player like Winks.

If Winks can regain form and fitness then he has that Modric (what a player he has become) - type ability to move around the pitch, finding angle and player alike.

Croatia showed us how to create space and although we were good in the first half, for the remaining 75 minutes they were worthy winners.

A good tournament and our arrogance was nearly justified for once..........nearly but not quite.

Unfair to lay that on us regarding this tournament.

All you have done is say he's shit.

This is what I said specifically about him, so that's you lying again

when in reality he's been a player short of confidence and a dead end to anything remotely attacking or creative. 0 goals, 0 assists, fuck all contribution elsewhere.
When presented with a rationale you've not detailed a fucking thing to back up an opinion of "he's shit". You called for Rashford to come on, well he did. So, were England as good as we were in the first half when Sterling was on, compared to when Rashford was on in the second? I'd say Rashford was terrible, didn't produce a thing, didn't make runs drawing defenders out of shape, didn't get behind their defence (he had the advantage of fresh legs too) made Lovren look good, whereas in the first half he was barely holding on.
Your opinion is not 'rationale' that's universality true - it's just your little option.

So let's go again, same question, for a 7th time. How do you think we were a better team with Rashford on the pitch instead of Sterling? Can you for the love of God please just answer the fucking question.

I've also said many times Sterling should be dropped and Rashford give at least one opportunity to start not come on with few mins to go. you seem to think Sterling can only be shit if Rashford does better than him.

Agreed.

I actually thought Croatias best player was Vida. He was brilliant for them and won pretty much every battle in the air and on the ground for them.
Good shout on Vida, actually they had ceveral players who excelled on the night. Their right back made such a massive difference, he had the better of Young all night, so many crosses coming in un challenged. He also stretched us, staying out wide, meaning that Dele spent most of his night trying to back up Young which left massive holes in midfield and also as the game went on the forwards were unsupported.

Modric though I thought was magnificent, we all know his sublime quality on the ball but his work rate off it is incredible. For me he was their standout player. I honestly think he should be up for the nonsense award of the Ballon d'Or.

I also will welcome back Lallana, Ox, Shelvey and Bertrand into the squad. High hopes for the likes of Foden, Sancho, Lookman and Walker-Peters.

I guarantee now that England will win something within the next 6 years, the next three tournaments.

Shelvey? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Good shout on Vida, actually they had ceveral players who excelled on the night. Their right back made such a massive difference, he had the better of Young all night, so many crosses coming in un challenged. He also stretched us, staying out wide, meaning that Dele spent most of his night trying to back up Young which left massive holes in midfield and also as the game went on the forwards were unsupported.

Modric though I thought was magnificent, we all know his sublime quality on the ball but his work rate off it is incredible. For me he was their standout player. I honestly think he should be up for the nonsense award of the Ballon d'Or.
Rose came on too late for Young. It was obvious to me that Young did not have the pace to deal with their right back. Dele did well fending off Modric for the first half but then when Young tired out Dele kept dropping deeper and deeper. I just don't get how the coaches and Gareth didn't see that and make a change sooner as I feel it would have given us more bite. :pochsulk:

Back
Top Bottom