2018 FIFA WORLD CUP RUSSIA 14th June - 15th July

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is the use of Paki as a racial slur a real debate? I genuinely clicked off to check which site I was on and then which thread this was.

For those who think it’s ok, have a look at yourself.

There's not a white face in the entire Botswana cabinet, I think we should campaign. It can only be racism.

Botswana is 97% black, the USA is not quite so ethnically homogeneous.

You are probably the most deluded poster on here when it comes to assessing their own intellect. You are a barely functioning knuckle-dragging ape, yet think yourself some kind of intellectual

Paki isn't an abbreviation of Pakistani it's a deragotory term for anyone with brown skin as bad as calling a black person a nigger unles you are Bangladeshi then it's anti Pakistani, Jap as far as I know is an abbreviation of Japanese and doesn't have obvious racist undertones.
Jap and Paki are exactly the same. We just haven't had many issues with the east-asian community in England so it's not a big issue.
In my opinion Paki is both a racist term and not a racist term. My grandfather and my Kiwi (they are ok with kiwi) friend use the term without any malice. However, skinheads also go into Indian restaurants slinging it around in a clearly racist manner. The fact that it has frequently been used as racist term and causes some offence is enough for me never to use the word. Although, that could take us back to the Y word

Pretty sure this has been covered at length elsewhere, but sorry Paki is a racist term. Not in it’s structure, as yes it is a contraction like Aussie or Jap, but in its use. I suppose there could be some pockets in the UK where it’s used as banter but in my experience it is entirely used in a derogatory manner. Intent is everything.

Yes, I’ve heard Pakistani lads use it amongst each other, apeing the way black guys use nigga, but that’s ridiculous and a bit embarrassing tbh as nowhere near the same historical weight behind the word. Doesn’t make it alright for others to use. Rise above it all, our lives are too short for this nonsense.

As for the game, this is not England of old, we have Harry and Lingard and Dele et al and they clearly believe in themselves. Yes, at world cups the ‘lesser’ nations always seem to outperform but I’m going to put a ton on England making the semis. We’re a league above Colombia and the Swiss/Swedes. Both games 2-0.

Love Limmy. Love that he took Linekar to the court of Scottish opinion and destroyed his career. I love that. Scottish justice for the most English man. It's getting close. A declaration of war is practically in the post. You cunts. All you cunts in your various Wetherspoons. In yer fucken Fred Perry and ellesse. Cunts galore. Pished on co2 free bevvy. Burnt heids under the midday sun. Maddogs and Englishmen. St George streaked down cheeks of sweat. And Colombia. The pace and fire of the Latin tropics. Your defeat. As we invade from the north. You all look to piers Morgan and Garry linekar over your plastic pints. Your sentries. England. Gone forever.
Nicola installed.

DgzPF57WsAAQJG9.jpg:large
I had work this morning so I didn't get to watch the match. Was this before or after? Would like to see it because the photo gives me a warm feeling inside

That’s interesting Mick, because that is exactly what you said to ClosedAccount542 who was talking about being smart in the Belgium game, and I quote:

If house points were given for naked hypocrisy you’d be the head boy. Personally I doubt your internet rhetoric about swinging swords and dying on your feet. I think you’d run away. You’re an Internet blow hard. That’s why you were in Signals with a disdain for the poor bloody infantry.
What? I'm a hypocrite because I maintained the same stance with you as I did with another poster?
And yet again you make your response into a personal insult, by taking my analogy which was plain in its meaning to be a criticism of me on a level totally divorced from the point being made.
You should stick to defending your POV instead of looking totally feeble by simply inventing utter bulllshit about someone and then trying to attack them over it.
Particularly when you clearly have zero understanding of the subject you're talking about.
You calling me a blow hard - interesting really, given that you are the most opinionated and possibly the most offensively aggressive poster on here.
You have no idea of how to discuss anything, you patronise anyone with a different opinion to yours and personally attack anyone who directly challenges anything you have to say.
You have a massive opinion of your self worth and constantly air your ego on here and are only too pleased to tell anyone how much more intelligent than them, you are.
Sadly for people like you, genuinely intelligent people don't ever feel the need to do that. What they say and the way they behave carries that message for them.

Love Limmy. Love that he took Linekar to the court of Scottish opinion and destroyed his career. I love that. Scottish justice for the most English man. It's getting close. A declaration of war is practically in the post. You cunts. All you cunts in your various Wetherspoons. In yer fucken Fred Perry and ellesse. Cunts galore. Pished on co2 free bevvy. Burnt heids under the midday sun. Maddogs and Englishmen. St George streaked down cheeks of sweat. And Colombia. The pace and fire of the Latin tropics. Your defeat. As we invade from the north. You all look to piers Morgan and Garry linekar over your plastic pints. Your sentries. England. Gone forever.
Nicola installed.
Behave fella, your mob would get about as far as Carlisle before you all got pissed and started fighting each other over the last deep fried pie sandwich

I'm not sure he is, he is truly painfully stupid
This place allows racism in its most naked form. And people like Bazali Bazali get away with it. This place is so shit. I came on here to shoot the shit about Spurs and I’m arguing with racists. The bloke is a shit.
What? I'm a hypocrite because I maintained the same stance with you as I did with another poster?
And yet again you make your response into a personal insult, by taking my analogy which was plain in its meaning to be a criticism of me on a level totally divorced from the point being made.
You should stick to defending your POV instead of looking totally feeble by simply inventing utter bulllshit about someone and then trying to attack them over it.
Particularly when you clearly have zero understanding of the subject you're talking about.
You calling me a blow hard - interesting really, given that you are the most opinionated and possibly the most offensively aggressive poster on here.
You have no idea of how to discuss anything, you patronise anyone with a different opinion to yours and personally attack anyone who directly challenges anything you have to say.
You have a massive opinion of your self worth and constantly air your ego on here and are only too pleased to tell anyone how much more intelligent than them, you are.
Sadly for people like you, genuinely intelligent people don't ever feel the need to do that. What they say and the way they behave carries that message for them.

You’re a hypocrite and an arsehole Mick. You can write 5000 word essays all day long, but the fact that you’ve set yourself up as a brave person, waving swords about, condemning cowardice from your comfortable Surrey enclave makes me want to puke. You’ve got so upset about a difference of opinion on a poxy football forum that you resort to this kind of rabid hyperbole. You’re fucking off it.
I have a “massive opinion of my self worth”? Really? No I don’t - more post-truth lies. I’m just prepared to call out wankers like you with your shining ‘sword of truth’ and your ‘shield’ of fair play’ crap. You were wrong, and you’ve behaved like a child - not for the first time.

You say I have ‘no idea’ how to discuss anything on here. Is this for real? I enjoy the ability to discuss many subjects on here - you seem to run into trouble whenever you write a sentence that doesn’t paint yourself as a hero.

Let’s get this straight mick, I know what you are. So do many other people. I genuinely think you’re succumbing to the ravages of dementia. For all your criticism of me and others, you are comfortably the most reviled poster on this forum. Even your army mates will confirm that observation. You have an uncanny ability to make people dislike you. That’s why youire getting up at 4 in the morning to have a pop. Nutter.

Last edited:
This place allows racism in its most naked form. And people like Bazali Bazali get away with it. This place is so shit. I came on here to shoot the shit about Spurs and I’m arguing with racists. The bloke is a shit
I was kind of surprised with how few racists there were on the site when I first arrived, although I guess that's due to the small percentage of posters being actual match going fans.
It's definitely got worse over the years though, I hold the toleration of Ahab Ahab entirely responsible

I was kind of surprised with how few racists there were on the site when I first arrived, although I guess that's due to the small percentage of posters being actual match going fans.
It's definitely got worse over the years though, I hold the toleration of Ahab Ahab entirely responsible

Agree mate. I’m waiting to be picked up to go fishing. I’ll lie about catching a 9 pound Barbel later.

Have a nice day/night.

I've never heard the word 'paki' being used in anything other than a 'derogatory' way. You can't tell me that someone calling me a 'paki bastard' is not a racist expression.

Anyone who uses the term 'Paki' needs to have a look at themselves.

Back
Top Bottom