Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This simply isn't true, unless you discount points won and league position.

Here's the Spurs v Liverpool Premier League season broken down into chunks of 5 (note - at matchday 35, Spurs had a game in hand):

MatchdaySpursLiverpool+/-

[TR1][TD1]5[/TD1][TD1]8[/TD1][TD1]8[/TD1][TD]=[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD1]10[/TD1][TD1]20[/TD1][TD1]16[/TD1][TD]+4[/TD][/TR2]
[TR1][TD1]15[/TD1][TD1]25[/TD1][TD1]29[/TD1][TD]-4[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD1]20[/TD1][TD1]37[/TD1][TD1]38[/TD1][TD]-1[/TD][/TR2]
[TR1][TD1]25[/TD1][TD1]48[/TD1][TD1]50[/TD1][TD]-2[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD1]30[/TD1][TD1]61[/TD1][TD1]60[/TD1][TD]+1[/TD][/TR2]
[TR1][TD1]35[/TD1][TD1]68[/TD1][TD1]71[/TD1][TD]-3[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD1]38[/TD1][TD1]77[/TD1][TD1]75[/TD1][TD]+2[/TD][/TR2]

So, the trend for much of the season was actually us closing on Liverpool after matchday 15.

The CL run cost Liverpool a whole host of points in the latter part of the season. The had enough of a gap to fifth to rest and rotate players before and after CL games. They had a better season than us. They got to a CL final. No-one apart from us gives a shit we beat Madrid in the group stages. The knockout games are what stays in the memory.

Never doubted he’s been Villas best player, I’m saying he’s way off us.

Youre either fishing or you’re his agent.
Never said he wasn’t Villa’s best player, said he’s not right for us. It’s like saying go and buy Bamba or Morrison from Cardiff because they were there best players.
Where would you play him?
Better options out there for us.
Would never go on a Villa forum.

Fishing ? For what ? No it’s really not, first of all they’re centre backs that have played in the lower divisions most of their career ? Second of all Grealish is proven in the prem at such a young age and is still ONLY 22. Come on then who’s the better options. Considering potential, price range (considering villa need cash so will be much cheaper than 40m originally quoted) and position/versatility ?

Great attacking player, not very good defending but it’s also because benfica manager is proper shite. He’s fantastic technically wise. Not lighting fast but not slow by any means. Has a great delivery on corners and free kicks. Mainly a left back but could be used as midfielder on a 442 on the left or maybe as an center mid in 433. Like Raphael guerreiro.

According to Portuguese magazine Record, we are preparing a bid for Benfica left back Alejandro Grimaldo.
A Barcelona product originally from what I can find.

Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb you seen him play?

Mate mate. Don’t want be the one giving you the news. But she’s definitely getting it. Proper stuff from the postman. He’s delivering it.
tenor.gif

The CL run cost Liverpool a whole host of points in the latter part of the season. The had enough of a gap to fifth to rest and rotate players before and after CL games. They had a better season than us. They got to a CL final. No-one apart from us gives a shit we beat Madrid in the group stages. The knockout games are what stays in the memory.

Liverpool had such an easy group that it was a cakewalk and did not divert them from PL games. Spurs with a group of death (Real Madrid and Dortmund) were taxing games and did didn't allow Spurs any rest time before Christmas - after Christmas Liverpool found out what it was to be facing a better class of team in CL and they were not able to maintain their PL form.

Not that different to Chelsea and :Leicester in the last 2 seasons, if you are not having to compete in Europe then the PL games are very manageable.

I’ve never seen anyone claim a team has “won” the transfer window. I’ve seen people suggest that teams investing in their squads are more likely to improve than regress. Whilst not always being the case, most success is associated with money spent, so seeing other teams invest should lead people to assume they will improve.
There was an awful lot of it last summer I think off the back of Sky discussing who 'won' the transfer window. People jump on the bandwagon and panic about it.

And yes your point about no discussing transfers until the end of the window defeats the object of the thread, well yes it does. What I was trying to get at was worrying excessively about who has done what is pointless until we get to the end of it.

Back
Top Bottom