Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Harry Kane deserves this - especially after the stick he took claiming a goal he rightly thought was his anyway.

He is the perfect role model, complete professional and he seems an all round top bloke.

Good Luck Harry!

We should all be very very proud of this.

Absolute definition of hard work and determination. The perfect captain for England and what this new look England squad seems to resemble.

Last edited:
Recent England captains have been involved in drink driving incidents, cheated on their pregnant wives, slept with teammates girlfriends, been in court for racial allegations and missed scheduled drug tests. But Liverpool and Woolwich fans are seething because Harry Kane claimed a goal :kaneshh:

I must say I find it remarkable how much club rivalries get in the way of England. It’s the reason you never do well at tournaments with the talent you have. Fans basically hate their own national players that don’t play for their team and are almost willing them to fail to blame them. The media are the same.

It was like this with beckham, Gerrard & Rooney too. I’m Irish and even though I don’t like Chelsea, Liverpool or United i’d Always support the likes of Duff,Finnan and Keane in the green jersey! Even be pleased for them if they do well at club level.

I get that it’s different in England, you’ve a much wider pool and more critical media and the PL is so dominant. It’s just interesting.

The minute Kane was named captain you couldn’t go 2/3 comment on Instagram or twitter without some scouser from Egypt banging on about ‘claiming goals’ etc. It’s extremely tiresome and presumabley they felt the same when ever Gerrard was posted about there’d be a bombardment of ‘slip’ comments.

Rio Ferdinand said recently he never wanted to give too much away to his liverpool or Chelsea teammates at England and it’s the reason they failed.

Of course it could just be that other teams are better, I don’t think you expect too much in this tournament? Strong up front but at the back your best defender -Stones (?) isn’t getting a game anymore and both keepers have made errors leading to goals.

Youngest ever England captain at a World Cup too.

He takes that title off Bobby Moore who captained his country at 25 during the World Cup in.... 1966.

We got this.

Back
Top Bottom